Intake and Exhaust The ultimate forum to ask, discuss, and answer tech related questions regarding MyG37 intake and exhaust.

Dear aftermarket exhaust companies,

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2010, 10:50 AM
4DOORFUN

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Dear aftermarket exhaust companies,

I have to rant a bit about the poor marketing of most exhaust companies making products for the G (and other cars). The lack of video and sound files available to the consumer is very poor IMO. My last two cars were Mustang GT’s. The aftermarket exhaust community within the mustang world is leaps and bounds ahead of the G aftermarket world. I should be able to go to the manufacture web site and find clean sound clips of the exhaust within each application. Unfortunately, I cannot do so.

If I spent the time and money to develop an aftermarket exhaust, I would also spend the time to make some clean, accurate video/sound clips of my product in action. Heck, I’m sure if you wanted, your customers would create high quality videos for you if you paid them a bit to do so.

I find myself holding back on the aftermarket exhaust purchase because I can’t find high quality video/sound clips of these products from the manufactures. Sure, there a few decent clips youtube (mostly for the coupe), but yet some of those cars have intakes, HFC’s, etc. as well. I just want OEM compared to aftermarket (like they do in the mustang world).

If there were decent video/sound clips produced by the manufacturer available to me, I would have already made a purchase. I bet there is probably another 1,000+ G owners out there with the same hesitancy.

To be specific, I want the clips to present the exhaust as follows:

1) under load, mild throttle from a stop (inside and outside the car) - a.k.a. tone & drone test
2) high rpm engine rev inside and outside the car - a.k.a rasp test

I think the majority of us want an exhaust without any rasp and with very little (if any) drone. If you can prove that in your video clips, your sales will increase.
Old 03-19-2010, 10:55 AM
G37Sam
Administrator

Received 243 Likes on 193 Posts
What an irony, I just recorded this video and edited it LITERALLY this morning, enjoy

FI CF Exhaust & Test Pipes

0:00 Cold Start
0:17 Light Driving
1:00 Normal Driving
2:10 Mild Acceleration
2:38 WOT
3:50 Idle

<object width="853" height="505"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/4RBu6hHt-iY&hl=en_US&fs=1&hd=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/4RBu6hHt-iY&hl=en_US&fs=1&hd=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="853" height="505"></embed></object>
Old 03-19-2010, 03:32 PM
AvosG37

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
awsome video!!! wow i really love the wot!!!!!!! plus u got beautiful place there lol. all palm trees n nice roads!
Old 03-20-2010, 12:37 AM
greek_infiniti9

makes me wish i got test pipes, and holy crap i thought the speed bumps were bad in my area
Old 03-20-2010, 01:15 PM
Shane D
Premier Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Nice video and GREAT sound!

Shane D
Old 03-20-2010, 01:32 PM
Greg Lecewicz

how did you muffle the wind noise? PS. Is this a residential development or just offices? Super nice spaces but you don't see very many people. I love the fence and the lights.
Old 03-20-2010, 02:24 PM
ElLayG37s

Great point! One word, cheap. These companies don't budget for the marketng side of business and by the time it's done the money is gone. Let's just let so
e consumers post to YouTube is the way they think. It really isn't that hard to record edit and upload.

BTW Greg are you asking for your millitary grade thing you made LOL! You probably need military grade ear plugs to listen to your videos huh? LOL! It's called a using an external mic with a cover over it to sheild the wind noise.
Old 03-20-2010, 02:33 PM
ElLayG37s

Nice vid Sam! Nice road but where s everyone at?
Hard to fin nce open stretches of road around the city unless it's like 5am
Old 03-20-2010, 02:36 PM
Dieseldoug22

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
You are not seriously going to buy an exhaust based a sound clip are you? How do you know it sounds like that in real life. It depends on the microphone used to pick it up and the speakers used to play the sound and do you have a separate subwoofer? And is there any processing in the system to make the sound, sound better. Not to mention the placement of the microphone. If you followed Greg Lecewicz video of his exhaust mod you might have noticed that the deeper under the car the camera went, it REALLY changed the sound of the car. It's like those TV commercials were they show you the new $10,000 TV and how great it looks but you are still looking at it though the supposed crappy TV that you own now and are watching now. I'm not saying you can't comparison shop, but just know that it WILL not sound the same as in a video.
Old 03-20-2010, 02:57 PM
G37Sam
Administrator

Received 243 Likes on 193 Posts
Originally Posted by Greg Lecewicz
how did you muffle the wind noise?
It's really simple man... Just drilled a hole through it
Old 03-20-2010, 03:16 PM
Gazan37
Banned

Hahaaaaaaa!!!
Old 03-20-2010, 03:37 PM
vq37hr

Originally Posted by Dieseldoug22
You are not seriously going to buy an exhaust based a sound clip are you? How do you know it sounds like that in real life. It depends on the microphone used to pick it up and the speakers used to play the sound and do you have a separate subwoofer? And is there any processing in the system to make the sound, sound better. Not to mention the placement of the microphone. If you followed Greg Lecewicz video of his exhaust mod you might have noticed that the deeper under the car the camera went, it REALLY changed the sound of the car. It's like those TV commercials were they show you the new $10,000 TV and how great it looks but you are still looking at it though the supposed crappy TV that you own now and are watching now. I'm not saying you can't comparison shop, but just know that it WILL not sound the same as in a video.
agreed, i was thinking the same thing as i turned the bass up and down on my sub as i was listening to it. wish there was a bass **** that came with the exhaust system!
Old 03-20-2010, 09:39 PM
Jamler

Originally Posted by G37Sam
What an irony, I just recorded this video and edited it LITERALLY this morning, enjoy

FI CF Exhaust & Test Pipes

0:00 Cold Start
0:17 Light Driving
1:00 Normal Driving
2:10 Mild Acceleration
2:38 WOT
3:50 Idle

<object height="505" width="853">

<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/4RBu6hHt-iY&hl=en_US&fs=1&hd=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" height="505" width="853"></object>

LOVE THE PAINTED CURBS In UAE... Coolest part of the vid to me was watching the curbs when you accelerated. I'd love to have that in USA.
Old 03-20-2010, 10:03 PM
cereal2k
Mr. Drop it like it's hot

Received 39 Likes on 31 Posts
I've had a really tough time taking any video of cabin noise with the top down. I tried that today and failed. Got the megan exhaust and man is it loud without the resonators going 0-20. And I have a an HD cam with wind noise cut technology. Still failed. There was no justice done to the sound. Trying to capture the sound with the top up with a vert would probably be pointless even. Adding my 2 cents.

EDIT: I will post videos of the Megan Racing Exhaust soon. It turns out doing playback from the video cam's single speaker really sucks for sound quality. I listened to it just now on a 7.1 system (recorded in 2 channel though) and it's awsome except for some very minor wind noise with the top down.

Last edited by cereal2k; 03-21-2010 at 11:10 AM.
Old 03-20-2010, 11:01 PM
Namir
Registered Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Are you really trying to compare the Mustang tuning community to the G37 tuning community?

It doesn't make sense for companies to pour money and resources into such a small market. I don't think its fair to expect the same marketing or aftermarket support that you had with your mustang.

Quick Reply: Dear aftermarket exhaust companies,