Intake and Exhaust The ultimate forum to ask, discuss, and answer tech related questions regarding MyG37 intake and exhaust.

Dear aftermarket exhaust companies,

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2010, 12:13 AM
blueborat

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Dieseldoug22
You are not seriously going to buy an exhaust based a sound clip are you? How do you know it sounds like that in real life. It depends on the microphone used to pick it up and the speakers used to play the sound and do you have a separate subwoofer? And is there any processing in the system to make the sound, sound better. Not to mention the placement of the microphone. If you followed Greg Lecewicz video of his exhaust mod you might have noticed that the deeper under the car the camera went, it REALLY changed the sound of the car. It's like those TV commercials were they show you the new $10,000 TV and how great it looks but you are still looking at it though the supposed crappy TV that you own now and are watching now. I'm not saying you can't comparison shop, but just know that it WILL not sound the same as in a video.
I totally agree!!!I just got my Tanabe installed a few days ago... and I dont like it!!! Although everyone seems to rave about the exhaust and there are a lot of clips out there for the exhaust. BUT.. When I actually got mine, I would rather stick with stock.... There is just too much base in it which kills the stock high pitch sounds..... I am actually thinking about removing it and turn it back to stock.
Old 03-21-2010, 10:05 AM
Vu37

siiicccccccc vid. Thx for making that. FI exh sound pretty dam good.
Old 03-29-2010, 01:13 PM
pharm30

Originally Posted by Vu37
siiicccccccc vid. Thx for making that. FI exh sound pretty dam good.
Just installed the FI catback exhaust this weekend on my 09 sedan, sounds and looks really good. very happy with purchase