Intake and Exhaust The ultimate forum to ask, discuss, and answer tech related questions regarding MyG37 intake and exhaust.

Review Fast Intentions New X-Pipe W/18'Resonators

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2010, 06:03 PM
VossenG37S

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts
Fast Intentions New X-Pipe W/18'Resonators

Thank you Tony at Fast Intentions for making this happen! I finally recieved my X-Pipe today and im so excited to bolt it on already. As always Tony promised to get my X-Pipe shipped to me by today and not a day late. Shipping and packaging was top notch and on time like my CF Catback was. Unfortunetly my Review will begin tommorow along with Pics and Vids but for now here is a Lil Teaser of whats to come......

This is my current catback!!!!

And here is my new my New X-Pipe that will be installed first thing tommorow morning...DOMO

here is my old mid pipe !!!

So i finally got this X Pipe on and all i can say is WOW !!! Amazing job Tony@Fast Int did, I cant believe what a difference this new X-Pipe made ....very impressed and well worth the time, and money spent to get this on my car.

Let me start by saying that already most of you who already have Fast Int catback already know the quality/Sound and performance it brings. Now even when i first installed this catback i was very happy with the tone it gave as well as performance. This thing sounds mean!!! Sounds very aggressive and just like a AMPD UP VQ i alway's wanted. This was perfect since i wanted a lil more power and more of that beutiful tone it already has, It's addicting. Well Tony sent me this new X and that was all it took, i immediately noticed a smoother refined tone. I drove about 100 miles today just testing it out and it really does sound even more throaty and even deeper than i expected which is great. Slight drone but to me it's more of a Rumble that i just cant get enough of.

Power: Absolutely feels more alive and more free flowing then before. It defenetly picks up quicker. Down Shifts this i love, from 3rd to 2nd this thing just screams and all the way to redline it pulls very hard at ease .

WOT: Let me just say when i gave it WOT it immediatly put a smile on my face very very Exotic up top , I thought it sounded mean B4 but this set-up is by far the way to go. Even now when i take off in 1st the power is there down low, i have new Hankooks w 20' Vossens and b4 install i would take off hard no problem but now it is sliding trying to grab and thats when i immediaely noticed the added power.

IDLE: HAHA i love when im at a dead stop and that thing is just breathing heavy waiting to be opened up.

REV: well unfortunetly i have a 5AT so i can only push it to 5000 rpm but my UP-REV tune will def cure that.

CRUISING: This is what i love, whoever gets this keep it in low RPMs between 3-4000 rpm and that tone is Certainly the most beutiful sound i have ever heard from a VQ series engine, it's ORGASMIC!!!

DRIVING WITH WINDOWS UP: I Dont know why people complain about drone, Fast Int really is quiet unless you are constantly putting your foot down, at least for me it really doesn't drone.

OVERALL IMPRESSIONS: Defenetly a meaner sounding exhaust, H look is amazing, Qulity is top notch, customer service?? i will never go with any other Exhaust Company!!! TONY AT FAST INTENTIONS FTW!!!! he is the MAN...

THIS NEW X-PIPE IS DEF ORTH EVERY PENNY AND A MUST FOR ANY CURRENT FAST INT OWNERS WHO ARE LOOKING TO UPGRADE , YOU WONT REGRET IT. I STILL CAN'T BELIEVE WHAT A CHANGE IN SOUND AND PERFORMANCE THIS SIMPLE UPGRADE MADE... BIG THUMBS UP TONY...

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/BoPCPnfimSs&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&hl=en_ US&feature=player_embedded&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/BoPCPnfimSs&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&hl=en_ US&feature=player_embedded&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Last edited by VossenG37S; 02-12-2012 at 02:48 PM. Reason: added to post
Old 03-04-2010, 09:20 PM
AvosG37

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I got it last week. its reallly good! it more deeper and louder. after maybe 50 miles, it will be louder.
Old 03-04-2010, 09:37 PM
VossenG37S

Good **** i cant wait to hear it .... I love Fast Intentions
Old 03-05-2010, 09:26 AM
G37Sam
Administrator

Received 243 Likes on 193 Posts
Waiting for your review bro!
Old 03-05-2010, 09:34 AM
VossenG37S

I'm on
my way to shop to get this bad boy on
Old 03-05-2010, 10:47 AM
VossenG37S

Car is on the lift right now should not be much longer
Old 03-05-2010, 02:34 PM
FastIntentions
MYG37.COM Sponsor

Received 16 Likes on 10 Posts
It looks good, who built that? Ha, ha we did! I am glad that it made the journey to unharmed by United Parcel Smashers!

Enjoy...

Thanks, Tony
Old 03-05-2010, 08:50 PM
san~man

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts
Tony,
Any reason as to why you chose to not use a X like the one in the pic?

Old 03-05-2010, 08:57 PM
G37Sam
Administrator

Received 243 Likes on 193 Posts
What you have in that pic is the older Magnaflow X-pipe that FI was using

The new one designed by FI for our application is said to have a deeper tone and nicer gains as opposed to that universal one you have in that pic
Old 03-05-2010, 09:12 PM
san~man

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by G37Sam
What you have in that pic is the older Magnaflow X-pipe that FI was using

The new one designed by FI for our application is said to have a deeper tone and nicer gains as opposed to that universal one you have in that pic
I picked the first image that came up on google lol.

I'm really only talking about the X section in general. I was always lead to believe that an x like that was a "true x" rather than ones like the old Invidia pipe, etc, and that the function of the x was to facilitate exhaust gas crossover for sound and gains. Or not?

The Bassani I had on my old car looked similar to the magnaflow x:
Old 03-05-2010, 09:48 PM
FastIntentions
MYG37.COM Sponsor

Received 16 Likes on 10 Posts
Originally Posted by san~man
Tony,
Any reason as to why you chose to not use a X like the one in the pic?

It is stamped and the quality is not so good. It is great in a universal application but for a nice production system I feel the quality is not there!
Old 03-06-2010, 06:59 AM
VossenG37S

Updated Review!
Old 03-06-2010, 01:03 PM
VossenG37S

Added some you tube videos, lol i know they are not the best quality but working on more so this is good for now
Old 03-06-2010, 01:21 PM
Hamed87

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Love how it sounds! L.O.V.E IT!!!
Old 03-06-2010, 01:26 PM
Modme
Registered Member

Received 80 Likes on 56 Posts
How much was the pipe?

Quick Reply: Review Fast Intentions New X-Pipe W/18'Resonators