Intake and Exhaust The ultimate forum to ask, discuss, and answer tech related questions regarding MyG37 intake and exhaust.

Butterfly Exhaust Valve

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2010, 02:20 AM
j784wrx

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i had an electronic exhaust cutout on my wrx. it's was fun to have, but after a few months i threw my hks catback on. the turbo spooled up much faster and top end gains were felt. it has some downsides; ear ringing loudness and the misfire cel would come on. an ecu tune fixed the problem, but you will need two tunes. one with the butterfly open and one with it closed.
Old 02-20-2010, 12:33 PM
KAHBOOM
Super Moderator of Pwnage

Received 195 Likes on 139 Posts
Originally Posted by daBlue
Hi All,

This conversaton is becoming very intersting for me now.

Sam, you are right on the spot, i am looking at a Mod by which i can install headers, exhausts and all the lot, yet void being caught by traffic police for a noisy car.

Mind you, you may also want to be quite and avoid attraction when you are out with your girl and trying to have a peacful quite time

Kahboom, i have come across the Apexi silencers, but i am not sure of how easy are they to install and control. Any idea?

Can anyone else provide feedback on similar exprience on other cars?

If you can fit an active silencer there is no need to remove it once installed. It will open up when you go WOT to allow more flow and close up at normal speeds.

Both the active and removable silencers are super easy to install. If you do a youtube search ther eare some folks that show you how to do it. It literally takes less than a minute to put on and take off.

You will have to make sure that your exhaust tips are set up to accomodate the silencers. SOme come pre drilled for the bolt that locks it in. Others may require some minor custom work to make it work.
Old 03-29-2010, 07:42 PM
Bahrain5666

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
BROOOO

enjoy ur car and enjoy the sexy sound of it!!!

u know me , i will never install such just because of cops!!

Last edited by G37Sam; 03-29-2010 at 08:50 PM. Reason: Too harsh