Intake and Exhaust The ultimate forum to ask, discuss, and answer tech related questions regarding MyG37 intake and exhaust.

Review Exoticspeed RII-T Titanium Alloy Exhaust Sound Clip (Broken into)

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2010, 02:03 PM
Mysticalism

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Exoticspeed RII-T Titanium Alloy Exhaust Sound Clip (Broken into)

Heres the Broken in to sound clips of the RII-T

In the first Video:
You can hear the nice deep sound of the G37 when it is driving normally
You can hear the scream of the G37 coming towards the camera, and a BIG downshift due to the fact theres a dumbass van stopped suddenly(Stupid Vancouver Drivers)
Sorry for not really hearing the acceleration, but if you listen, you could hear some parts
You can hear interior sound of the G, starting from a nice deep sound like the mustang, transform into a exotic super car sound

*NOTE* Make sure your computer speakers has a nice base, if not you won't hear the nice part :P
And also microphone is on a SLR camera, so might not be as good

Drive Bys, Interior Shots:
YouTube - Exotic Speed G37S RII-T Exhaust Sounds

Still 5K Revving:
YouTube - G37S Exotic Speed RII-T Revving Sound

Heres link to the Pictures

Please also give some comments on how to change the sound, I personally loved it, but sometimes i feel the low RPM base is a little too loud (also cause i keep stepping on the petal to hear the high RPM sound that eats my gas BY ALOT)

Last edited by Mysticalism; 02-11-2010 at 07:01 PM.
Old 02-11-2010, 05:56 PM
xyz
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/LyYxAbBMTCI&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/LyYxAbBMTCI&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>

<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/nIJoMr3EPuc&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/nIJoMr3EPuc&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>

Just copy the "Embed" code from youtube (next to your video) and paste into the message box here.

Not sure if it was the mic, it sounds pretty quiet / stock-like, but deeper. Looks very nice as well!
Old 02-11-2010, 06:33 PM
B L U E S L A T E
Registered Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I'm gonna be honest and state my opinion here.

1. Tips look tiny in the picture and video. As well as the design of the stacked canisters. I see that this is a rep of Amuse exhaust, but there is a difference between the two. The Exoticspeed RII-T Ti Alloy Exhaust look very wimpy compared to the actual Amuse one.

2. Sounds weak. I have heard probably all of the exhaust made for G37 in person.... except Borla. The best sound produced by far, again IMO, is MXP with Test Pipes..., Greddy Ti-C with Tanabe Y-pipe, and Fast Intentions with HFCs. Also, Stillen full cat-back exhaust doesn't sound too bad so is the Tanabe axle-back (mellow, but deep sound when broken-in).

I tried to listen to the sound as best as I can from those two videos you posted, but no matter how many times I repeated, it just couldn't produce a very clean and good sound. And YES, I do have good speakers.

I know that I haven't heard this exhaust in person so I'm not being very fair for it, but you have stated in your post saying that it is broken-in already so I'm just taking your word for it. If you can make a couple more clips with minimal wind noise, we might be able to hear better... you know?

Regardless, for the first attempt! and please keep us updated.

Last edited by B L U E S L A T E; 02-11-2010 at 06:36 PM. Reason: Add something.
Old 02-11-2010, 06:34 PM
B L U E S L A T E
Registered Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I'd also like to state that the above comment is solely my opinion and mine only. I know the facts I posted above is subjective and everyone has different tastes in preferences.
Old 02-11-2010, 06:56 PM
Mysticalism

Originally Posted by B L U E S L A T E
I'd also like to state that the above comment is solely my opinion and mine only. I know the facts I posted above is subjective and everyone has different tastes in preferences.
Seems like your taste is in need of a more aggressive style exhaust

However, just to make it clear, when exoticspeed put these on my car, they specifically told me they didn't make this exhaust too loud or too aggressive because of the fact that they want to maintain the word "luxury" within the car. The exhaust targets the niche of wanting a louder and deeper sound than stock meanwhile not making it sound like a riced out civic.

Therefore, i disagree with your saying of how this exhaust is wimpy. Its quieter, and less aggressive, but definitely not wimpy. However, that being said, if the community insist of needing a more aggressive exhaust, exoticspeed said it will do what they have done to the G35, which is YouTube - g35 exhaust exoticspeed

On top of that, i would kindly ask you to remove your self-added thought of it being a rep of amuse exhaust. You stated yourself that there are differences between the two, and one big difference is the sound. If you want to put it is a rep of amuse, i can state that MXP is a rep of amuse as well based on the fact how the pipe designs are the same.

Thanks for the input

Last edited by Mysticalism; 02-11-2010 at 07:21 PM.
Old 02-11-2010, 07:27 PM
gtracing

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
YEAH!! another vancouver member!
Old 02-11-2010, 09:36 PM
heff

i really love the sound of this exhaust!!!! i love the stockish sound but i want it a tad louder n deeper!!!! is this exhuast out of van or what? how much also if ya dont mind me asking? and dyno it : P
Old 02-11-2010, 09:38 PM
heff

blueslate plz state what is wimpy about this exhuast? It sounds quite deep IMO
Old 02-11-2010, 10:13 PM
Staples

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by B L U E S L A T E
I'm gonna be honest and state my opinion here.

1. Tips look tiny in the picture and video. As well as the design of the stacked canisters. I see that this is a rep of Amuse exhaust, but there is a difference between the two. The Exoticspeed RII-T Ti Alloy Exhaust look very wimpy compared to the actual Amuse one.

2. Sounds weak. I have heard probably all of the exhaust made for G37 in person.... except Borla. The best sound produced by far, again IMO, is MXP with Test Pipes..., Greddy Ti-C with Tanabe Y-pipe, and Fast Intentions with HFCs. Also, Stillen full cat-back exhaust doesn't sound too bad so is the Tanabe axle-back (mellow, but deep sound when broken-in).

I tried to listen to the sound as best as I can from those two videos you posted, but no matter how many times I repeated, it just couldn't produce a very clean and good sound. And YES, I do have good speakers.

I know that I haven't heard this exhaust in person so I'm not being very fair for it, but you have stated in your post saying that it is broken-in already so I'm just taking your word for it. If you can make a couple more clips with minimal wind noise, we might be able to hear better... you know?

Regardless, for the first attempt! and please keep us updated.
I think the MXP sounds horrible with test pipes.

This exhaust sounds really good and has a stock look to it.
Old 02-11-2010, 10:51 PM
Mysticalism

Originally Posted by heff
i really love the sound of this exhaust!!!! i love the stockish sound but i want it a tad louder n deeper!!!! is this exhuast out of van or what? how much also if ya dont mind me asking? and dyno it : P

This exhaust is designed in Richmond, B.C. off a company called ExoticSpeed, the actual exhaust is manufactured in Ontario

Will take your comments into consideration heff, i'll bring it up to their R&D team. It might also be my microphone being too ****ty :P in real life, its pretty loud, in a few days, when the roads are dry, i'll take another video
Old 02-12-2010, 12:31 AM
idontcare4

iono about exotic exhaust. but I do like SOLISIMO exhaust. or GTM
Old 02-12-2010, 12:00 PM
heff

Originally Posted by Mysticalism
This exhaust is designed in Richmond, B.C. off a company called ExoticSpeed, the actual exhaust is manufactured in Ontario

Will take your comments into consideration heff, i'll bring it up to their R&D team. It might also be my microphone being too ****ty :P in real life, its pretty loud, in a few days, when the roads are dry, i'll take another video
awesome, if ya need another test car ill gladly make the trek out west for some olympic action and maybe some whistler snowboarding

oh and how much is the setup?!
Old 02-12-2010, 03:48 PM
Namir
Registered Member

Originally Posted by Staples

This exhaust sounds really good and has a stock look to it.
Are you kidding? This is one of the most garish exhausts I've seen for the G37. It's got gratuitous fake titanium burns and two coffee cans for exhaust tips.

Don't get me wrong I like the sound, subtle with no rasp; but please do away with all the extraneous "titanium look" crap and just offer it at a lower price. That's the best adjustment you can make to an exhaust like this.

I still think Tanabe Medallion has the best looking tips for our car.
Old 02-12-2010, 05:07 PM
Mysticalism

Originally Posted by Namir
Are you kidding? This is one of the most garish exhausts I've seen for the G37. It's got gratuitous fake titanium burns and two coffee cans for exhaust tips.

Don't get me wrong I like the sound, subtle with no rasp; but please do away with all the extraneous "titanium look" crap and just offer it at a lower price. That's the best adjustment you can make to an exhaust like this.

I still think Tanabe Medallion has the best looking tips for our car.
This is just a prototype, not the real thing. We like the community's input before creating this exhaust.

You can vote at here for what you think would be a better looking exhaust tip
Old 02-12-2010, 10:23 PM
Staples

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by Mysticalism
This is just a prototype, not the real thing. We like the community's input before creating this exhaust.

You can vote at here for what you think would be a better looking exhaust tip
I have to say I'm not a huge fan of titanium tips, but I have to give props where it's deserved. The craftsmanship on this setup is second to none. The welds are MXP like at a fraction of the cost. This would be perfect for the person that likes the MXP look but doesn't want it as loud, and doesn't want to pay that type of premium.

They just need to make sure they stay away from the dreadful clamps.

Personally I did vote thicker walled tips, polished.

Quick Reply: Review Exoticspeed RII-T Titanium Alloy Exhaust Sound Clip (Broken into)