Intake and Exhaust The ultimate forum to ask, discuss, and answer tech related questions regarding MyG37 intake and exhaust.

Exhaust Opinions

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-2009, 03:02 PM
SilverBullet

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
HKS and HFCs sound really good. Probably sound better with RTPs.
Old 12-22-2009, 03:03 PM
SOLISIMO

Originally Posted by BlkHR37S
Not the intimidator the round stainless cans look better!!! with their new X pipe design yes you can expect 18 HP i will be upgrading my X pipe soon i have the old one yes their HFC will go very well and FI now offers resonated HFC and their new X pipe has options of no resonators , 12 or 18" resonators MXP has 2.25 inch piping anf FI is 2.50 if that makes a difference for you...

Mike I would listen to him, he know his **** when it comes to the MXP. As far as the MXP i dont know the power gain but im sure you can find it through a search.

But please keep your choices between these two
Old 12-22-2009, 07:05 PM
MikeSS

Originally Posted by SOLISIMO
Mike I would listen to him, he know his **** when it comes to the MXP. As far as the MXP i dont know the power gain but im sure you can find it through a search.

But please keep your choices between these two
Between the FI and the MXP?
Old 12-22-2009, 07:08 PM
MikeSS

Not the intimidator the round stainless cans look better!!! with their new X pipe design yes you can expect 18 HP i will be upgrading my X pipe soon i have the old one yes their HFC will go very well and FI now offers resonated HFC and their new X pipe has options of no resonators , 12 or 18" resonators MXP has 2.25 inch piping anf FI is 2.50 if that makes a difference for you...

Okay, dumb question. The FI exhaust system includes the X-Pipe right?

When I install the exhaust (will probably wait until I get the HFC as well) will I need to have the car re-tuned? With the computer throw a code either way?
Old 12-22-2009, 08:27 PM
VossenG37S

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts
No retune just bolt it on!!! Catback does come with X pipe and is a true dual system xpipe is the "mid pipe" if you go to fast intentions.com there ate tons of pics and you can talk to Tony and he will aswer everything for you!!! The system I have is exactly the same but my midpipe has a magnaflow resonator that he uses for all systems abd that creates 11 true rwhp. New TDX system is putting 21 rwhp on a 6spd 370z because of the upgraded mid pipe that is wayyy better and increases sound and performAnce!!! Just get it with the 12" resonators and stainless or carbon fiber mufflers and get HFC later ! My catback already sounds good and Im about to upgrade my midpipe to the new 12" X pipe he said it will give another 6-7 rwhp and smooth out exhaust note and deepn sound a lil . So can't wait.. will benefit u because your catback will come w updated X pipe wich is a awesome set-up
Old 12-22-2009, 08:50 PM
GPR-37s
Registered Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
What about cabin noise with both FI and MXP? Does it get annoying for long drives?
Old 12-22-2009, 09:21 PM
VossenG37S

I love it
does not bother me one bit makes me want more of the sound it gives that's why I'm adding resonated test pipes!!! Call Tony @ fast int trust me
Old 12-22-2009, 09:44 PM
Staples

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Do people not use the search function anymore? Hasn't this been debated multiple times? There's tons of threads online with different exhaust setups and different video clips.

I personally went with fast intentions because I don't like the sound of the MXP exhaust, but that's my opinion. Take it with a grain of salt and decide what you like.
Old 12-22-2009, 09:54 PM
VossenG37S

I searched videos and did not like fI in video in person ! Boy was I wrong and sooo glad I bought it , and I had nismo and HKS hi power on my 07Z and this one is the best and sounds like a deep nismo catback wich I love definetly retains the VQ note with more agressive rumble and the throaghtyness is music to my ears... Mxp also has that And for me came down to looks !!! I
don't like burnt tips and wanted those angled canasters , especially w CF option. Mxp has a clean look like stock and nice 4 inch tips but don't care for burnt tips and the angled mufflers look super aggresive like HKS but sound of a ampd up VQ .
Old 12-23-2009, 07:08 AM
oreoleo

Is there anybody in or near PA with an FI system installed? I' really like to hear it in person.
Thanks!
Old 12-23-2009, 07:10 AM
SOLISIMO

Originally Posted by GPR-37s
What about cabin noise with both FI and MXP? Does it get annoying for long drives?

I have no cabin noise with the mxp, but then again I was used to the Megans w/o resonators
Old 12-23-2009, 08:02 AM
sbmwg37s

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
No retune just bolt it on!!! Catback does come with X pipe and is a true dual system xpipe is the "mid pipe" if you go to fast intentions.com there ate tons of pics and you can talk to Tony and he will aswer everything for you!!! The system I have is exactly the same but my midpipe has a magnaflow resonator that he uses for all systems abd that creates 11 true rwhp. New TDX system is putting 21 rwhp on a 6spd 370z because of the upgraded mid pipe that is wayyy better and increases sound and performAnce!!! Just get it with the 12" resonators and stainless or carbon fiber mufflers and get HFC later ! My catback already sounds good and Im about to upgrade my midpipe to the new 12" X pipe he said it will give another 6-7 rwhp and smooth out exhaust note and deepn sound a lil . So can't wait.. will benefit u because your catback will come w updated X pipe wich is a awesome set-up
Is the new X-pipe for a G37 out yet? How much did Tony tell you?
Old 12-23-2009, 09:14 AM
VossenG37S

Yes I believe it's 500 ! Call for a special price for return customers though...
Old 02-11-2010, 10:23 AM
chubzl27

how much is the MXP exhaust more or less i am thinking about either getting the MXP but it only gets 11 RWHP ?
Old 02-11-2010, 11:01 AM
sbmwg37s

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Where did you find it gains 11rwhp?
but it sounds about right. also don't get fooled by HP number.
It has been already misused as a sort of marketing.
it's just a number.

Quick Reply: Exhaust Opinions