Intake and Exhaust The ultimate forum to ask, discuss, and answer tech related questions regarding MyG37 intake and exhaust.

Stillen S/C

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2009, 01:45 PM
jran76

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Stillen S/C

Stillen has been talking about the preliminary details on their S/C for the 370Z. They have already stated that it will work on the G37. It is based on a Vortech S/C (likely V3 if I had to guess), and the rest is custom (water-to-air cooler, new intake manifold, etc.).

Here is a link: Stillen Supercharger estimates??? - Page 21 - Nissan 370Z Forum

Here is what Stillen had to say:
Originally Posted by Kyle@STILLEN
Here is the info we are ready to release on the supercharger:

Well, the meeting went very well with the managers and I do have some information to give you guys!!!

We will be using a Vortech supercharger/blower for our kit. We have engineered a new intake manifold, intake tract, intercooler system, and more but the actual blower is a Vortech unit. We can’t say exactly what trim it is just yet because our experience in the past with Vortech has taught us that we might change it during final testing. When we made a kit for the older Maxima’s we actually went through a few different trims on the wheels before coming to a final design. We can confirm that it is a self contained oiling unit so there will be a lot of added benefits.

We will be using a water to air intercooler. With a custom designed intercooler.

There will be no hood change. Everything fits nicely under the hood.

We have engineered a cast aluminum intake manifold which is currently out at the casting houses right now getting prepared for production pieces to be started.

We have a very good relationship with a CARB testing lab that we will be working with in our efforts to achieve CARB certification. In order to achieve CARB certification we must send the test piece to the lab that is a 100% production kit. There can be no differences between the production piece and the kit that goes to CARB. All of our recent kits for the VQ35, VQ40 and VK56 went through CARB testing with no issues, but the testing is extensive and can take awhile.

The kit will come with a warranty.

We have begun production on a number of the pieces such as the mounting bracketry, the cast aluminum intake manifold, intercoolers, and more.

Currently we are working on the tuning and we hope to use a hand held tuner. Hand held tuners are clearly the leading edge of technology and we hope to incorporate that into this kit.

To this point we have invested well over $100,000.00 and more than a year in development. All in an effort to have the best forced induction solution possible. Our VQ35 supercharger kit and our VK56 supercharger kit each took over a year to develop. We spend a lot of time on the CAD drawings, prototyping, test fitting, engineering, tuning, and final drive testing. We refuse to rush any one of these crucial parts of the development process. We are very excited as anyone to bring the new supercharger to market. Our 25 years’ experience in developing new products has taught us that it is more important that it is right than right now.

It is too early to begin discussing group buy and to be honest, I don't know if we will do one. I might be able to get an introductory price but even then, I don't know.
Old 12-16-2009, 01:46 PM
SilverBullet

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What will the price be?
Old 12-16-2009, 01:47 PM
jran76

Ooops.... Wrong forum.... Can a mod move this to the Engine/FI forum?

I will also add that I am not a huge Stillen/Vortech fan, but I think this is good information for the community in general.
Old 12-16-2009, 01:48 PM
VossenG37S

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts
Dam we are starting to have a lot of options for our cars ... Nice !!!'
Old 12-16-2009, 01:49 PM
jran76

Originally Posted by SilverBullet
What will the price be?
They are not saying yet. I would guess in the $6-7k range, but they have been pretty adamant about not saying just yet. It took 21 pages of pestering to get the above information out of them.
Old 12-16-2009, 02:07 PM
da mayor

Received 36 Likes on 32 Posts
I've seen some good numbers be pushed out of the vortech kits in the 1st gen Z's and G's....subscribed
Old 12-16-2009, 02:39 PM
Buddy Revell

Originally Posted by Kyle@STILLEN
The hi-flow cats won't make much of a difference and we definitely plan on making them part of our tuning packages.

Headers can decrease boost on some types of superchargers but we're not sure yet what effect they will have on this kit until we test it. I just want to make sure that everyone is setting their cars up for easy installs later so I'm being a bit cautious with what I recommend right now until our testing gives is completed.

Hi-flow cats won't decrease the boost but they could make the car run a bit lean. We will have a tune though to allow the use of hi-flow's. I don't know how long all of the tunes will take to compile but I imagine it won't take long.

It does help that our project 370Z that we have been messing around with the tuning for the past week does currently have the intake, headers, exhaust, high flow cat combination. And that is the car that we plan on using for our Z supercharger development. Currently the kit is being built on our G37.
Stillen Supercharger estimates??? - Page 23 - Nissan 370Z Forum
Old 12-16-2009, 07:12 PM
G37Sam
Administrator

Received 243 Likes on 193 Posts
Subscribing..
Old 12-16-2009, 07:21 PM
soolman32

Received 127 Likes on 108 Posts
Very interesting.
Old 12-16-2009, 07:23 PM
wakeboardr116

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts
hmm interesting. Subscribed
Old 12-16-2009, 07:31 PM
Kidcane
Florida G Club

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
I was never a huge Stillen fan but I do like Vortech. And great news that you dont have to put that silly hood on like the G35 did.
Old 12-16-2009, 08:56 PM
edluck512

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
subscribed
Old 12-16-2009, 09:00 PM
Ivoidwarranties
Premier Member

Received 28 Likes on 14 Posts
I want to know more about the hand held tuner.
Old 12-16-2009, 11:03 PM
Team STILLEN
Former Sponsor

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
We will have more information as things get going down the line. I'll make sure to update this thread with information as we're releasing it, so you're not following a couple different forums.

More than welcome to ask questions, I'll get whatever information I can release.. which includes information on the hand held tuner.. soon.
Old 12-16-2009, 11:09 PM
Ivoidwarranties
Premier Member

Received 28 Likes on 14 Posts
Some info on the intake manifold would be nice too. Cast aluminum... are there still two throttle bodies being used?

Quick Reply: Stillen S/C