Intake and Exhaust The ultimate forum to ask, discuss, and answer tech related questions regarding MyG37 intake and exhaust.

Exhaust height help

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2009, 09:47 AM
Jereguy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exhaust height help

Hey guys,
I'm currently having an issue with the height of my exhaust. I have my car lowered on S Techs which have settled to prob around a 2inch drop. Now normally i have no issues with height because I can take things on an angle but my new apartment has underground parking and i have to take the incline straight the and my exhaust scrapes. So instead of causing damage I'd like to get a different exhaust. I was thinking of going with the magnaflo exhaust due to the price point. Is it higher than the stock exhaust.

Now im not very technical with cars but the place that it is scraping is between the resonator and the muffler if you guys have looked under the car you'll prob understand its the place where the pipes(connecting pipe?) dip a bit right before the resonator itself.

Any help is greatly appreciated.
Old 10-15-2009, 11:02 AM
G37Sam
Administrator

Received 242 Likes on 192 Posts
Don't expect an aftermarket exhaust not to scrape, it will scrape even more due to it's larger diameter to start with.

Your best bet would be making a custom exhaust that comes out from the side right after your front wheels lol
Old 10-15-2009, 11:17 AM
ucla bruin

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I think you're talking about the part of the mid pipe that feeds in right before the muffler right? That parts bends downward.

If so, maybe consider this:

https://www.myg37.com/forums/exhaust...ml#post2781819

From the pics, you can see the part you're worried about bends outward instead of downward. I know the seller personally and can vouch for him. Good price too.
Old 10-15-2009, 11:35 AM
wakeboardr116

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts
You could try a new exhaust, but most aftermarkets usually sit lower. That borla looks pretty good though how it goes to the side. Or if you want to save some money with out going to an aftermarket, maybe go to an exhaust shop and see if they can do something in the way of cutting that section out and routing it a different way so it sits higher.
Old 10-15-2009, 01:43 PM
Jereguy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by ucla bruin
I think you're talking about the part of the mid pipe that feeds in right before the muffler right? That parts bends downward.

If so, maybe consider this:

https://www.myg37.com/forums/exhaust...ml#post2781819

From the pics, you can see the part you're worried about bends outward instead of downward. I know the seller personally and can vouch for him. Good price too.
That's exactly what I was talking about. Unfortunately I was/am hoping the magnaflow one has the same bend or i might aswell just spend an extra 800 bucks and get air ride instead of the $1800 exhaust
Old 10-15-2009, 02:27 PM
ucla bruin

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I believe the seller is selling it for around 800, send him a PM.