Intake and Exhaust The ultimate forum to ask, discuss, and answer tech related questions regarding MyG37 intake and exhaust.

When will Injen get off their a$$ and make an exhaust for the G37?

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2009, 08:59 PM
Heat

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
When will Injen get off their a$$ and make an exhaust for the G37?

I have searched and search for a perfect exhaust on the market. I am extremely picky and don't like the exhausts that are out there. Basically, I really want the Injen SES Exhaust as it is the closest to perfect. It is actual true duals, and I would prefer to have an x or H pipe.

I have already contacted them and told them they could take my car (since all it does is sit in my garage) to make an exhaust, hoping that it would speed up the process. However, they told me they already have a G37 and are working on it. For those that waited a year for the Injen CAI, you know what I am feeling. They kept saying it would out by the end of the months, until eventually 6 months had gone by. WTF?!

My stipulations for a cat-back exhaust are as follows:

2.5 in pipe
prefer x or H pipe
must have resonators
can't sound like rice (high-pitch)
can't sound raspy
dual canister mufflers
4" polished tips (NOT burnt or TT)
smooth mandrel bends and as few as possible
< $2k

THE G37 HAS BEEN OUT FOR 2 YEARS NOW!!!! WHY THE DELAY?
Old 08-10-2009, 09:12 PM
G37Sam
Administrator

Received 243 Likes on 193 Posts
What makes Injen SES close to perfect? Lots of closer to perfect setups out there
Old 08-10-2009, 09:29 PM
Black Betty
Lexus Defector

Received 2,087 Likes on 1,267 Posts
Originally Posted by Heat
THE G37 HAS BEEN OUT FOR 2 YEARS NOW!!!! WHY THE DELAY?
Becasue 1) G37 owners as a whole don't spend tons of money modding our cars like a lot of other enthusiasts do who own other models, 2) because we are a prettry small almost niche market due to the relatively low number of units on the road, 3) there are a lot of other projects they are probably working on that will make them a lot more money 4) so many people (not saying you) yell and scream about wanting a product on the market NOW and then don't like it or complain it's too expensive when it does comes out. Just my guesses.
Old 08-10-2009, 09:39 PM
jnguyen

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Welcome back heat.
Old 08-10-2009, 09:45 PM
Heat

Originally Posted by G37Sam
What makes Injen SES close to perfect? Lots of closer to perfect setups out there
According to what I am looking for, it is. Read my stipulations above and you tell me if you can find one. I really liked the FI until I heard a clip. It sounds high-pitch and ricey to me. I want deep growl, not a scream.

Originally Posted by Black Betty
Becasue 1) G37 owners as a whole don't spend tons of money modding our cars like a lot of other enthusiasts do who own other models, 2) because we are a prettry small almost niche market due to the relatively low number of units on the road, 3) there are a lot of other projects they are probably working on that will make them a lot more money 4) so many people (not saying you) yell and scream about wanting a product on the market NOW and then don't like it or complain it's too expensive when it does comes out. Just my guesses.
Why do you have to come in and pop my bubble. I know, all the manufacturers have been saying the exact same crap about how there is not a G37 market. Maybe if they made stuff that we actually like and not what they want to make, they would have more sells. For example, how many body kits/lips are available and how many actually look good enough to buy? Obviously, G37 owners are picky, modern, unique, and expect the best for a fair price. So they should make parts that flow with those ideas not clash with them. Just my 2 cents.
Old 08-10-2009, 09:57 PM
myk1013

Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts
I liked the prototype G37 exhaust they displayed last year at SEMA (not SES though). But Gamedog told me Injen is holding off on exhaust production for our cars because of the economy.
Old 08-10-2009, 10:02 PM
Kidcane
Florida G Club

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
March 18th 2010.
Old 08-10-2009, 10:12 PM
Heat

Originally Posted by Kidcane
March 18th 2010.
Holy crap....that is really far out. I heard it was going to be 2 months. But of course you have to add on 6 months of delays. Yep, that is about March! This sux. I really don't want to wait that long to get an exhaust. I need to find someone local that can make me a custom one I guess. How does Injen expect to sell parts when they won't put it on the market until after the car has been out for a while and everyone has already bought other exhausts.
Old 08-10-2009, 10:17 PM
Black Betty
Lexus Defector

Received 2,087 Likes on 1,267 Posts
You know you can have a local shop fabricate a completely custom setup on your car that allows you to pick out and determine exactly what you want and how you want it to look and sound. It will be far less than what Injen will charge you and it will be exactly to your specifications so you won't have any complaints about it not being what you want. And you won't have to wait.
Old 08-10-2009, 11:10 PM
NJlakeshoreG
Registered Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
injen for G35 coupe has TONS of DRONE...drone=no bueno
Old 08-10-2009, 11:39 PM
heff

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
have u heard ark heat?
Old 08-11-2009, 01:35 AM
NeverBoneStock
Premier Member

Received 69 Likes on 56 Posts
The Injen not only has drone on a Z or G but has some nice Rice sound to it . Way better exhaust out there for the money .
Old 08-11-2009, 01:41 AM
Gamedog
Sam Rothstein

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Injen has never really rushed into producing parts for cars like others have. I spoke to them a while ago and they said they are still holding back on releasing their exhaust. They're not sure G owners will fork out the $ for a catback so they will most likely be putting a y-pipe back into production. However I think that if you guys show enough interest in a true-dual catback, they might end up making it afterall. Production costs for a catback are obviously more than they would be for a y-pipe and they don't want to take any chances with the way the market is currently.

I have a custom catback they fabbed up for me. This vid was taken the same day I got it, and since then the sound has changed to a smoother, deeper, throatier tone. No rasp at all. No ricey "fart can" sound at all. I freakin love it! I get nothing but compliments on it from everyone. This vid doesn't do it justice since it was taken with a crappy point and shoot. Imma see if I can get a hold of my buddy's HD camera and take a few vids.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/OPQ6QSBbKtg&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/OPQ6QSBbKtg&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

A few pics:

Maybe if you guys start a list or something with people who are interested that I could present to them? If it's a pretty good amount of interest I'm sure they'd put a catback into production.
Old 08-11-2009, 10:03 AM
Heat

That is the best sounding one in my book.

Game, both are catbacks on our cars whether they have a y-pipe or not. The cats are before the stock Y so any exhaust that starts directly after the cats is considered a catback.

According to other exhaust makers, the G37 actually loses power with any dual exhaust vs. a single exhaust. Also, if you don't have some type of merge between the duals than you are losing your necessary back-pressure, and therefore a lot of your torque.

Game, do you have a number for someone at Injen that I could talk to about possibly making me a custom exhaust to my specs. I like the sound of yours but I don't like the tips. I am sure I could find someone to help me out by letting them borrow their car or I can send mine there.

I can't wait until March for an exhaust. I have already been waiting 2 years and HIN is right around the corner.
Old 08-11-2009, 10:46 AM
MaxToTheG37
Super Moderator w/ Boost

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Just for the record... FI doesnt sound high pitched at all....

Quick Reply: When will Injen get off their a$$ and make an exhaust for the G37?