Intake and Exhaust The ultimate forum to ask, discuss, and answer tech related questions regarding MyG37 intake and exhaust.

ARK PERFORMANCE INC: Prototype true dual exhaust installed w/ VIDEO. GAME OVER..

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2010, 03:03 AM
joey'g37

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ark... You really made me disappointed AGAIN...

Here is the story, I bought a first batch ARK coupe exhaust in Feb. And installed them on the 2/17. And I found out the problem of the Y-pipe and the muffler. I contacted Alex@ARK right away, and sent them the detail pictures of the Y-pipe and the muffler. Few months later, which is about late April, Alex told me that mine replacement will come in with the second batch. But he was not sure about the arrival time at that moment. okay... i will just wait.........
On 5/25, I sent Alex another email regarding the replacement. And he finally promised me that the replacement will be here from late June to the first week of July. NO LATER than first week of July. Therefore I planned the trip down to LA from San Francisco because I wanted to get the exhaust replace asap. I emailed Alex yesterday to CONFIRM the arrival. And of course, he promised the newest batch will be here next Monday or Tuesday.
Got a pm today: ask me to give him a phone call.
I called ARK, and Ted (owner of ARK) picked up the phone. He said Alex was not in the office or something. So he started explain to me what happened... anyways, the whole conversation was to mention my replacement is NOT in this batch which will arrive next Monday. He said mine replacement will be here SOMETIMES IN AUGUST... WTFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF
I am totally being impatient right now of ARK... Is it qualify as a good service?? I bought my exhaust in the early Feb... and now is 4th of July... They kept breaking promise to their customerS... keep pushing back the replacement. I am totally regretted to buy the ARK instead of HKS or MXP... totally.
Old 07-03-2010, 09:34 AM
Weiboy718

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by joey'g37

Here is the story, I bought a first batch ARK coupe exhaust in Feb. And installed them on the 2/17. And I found out the problem of the Y-pipe and the muffler. I contacted Alex@ARK right away, and sent them the detail pictures of the Y-pipe and the muffler. Few months later, which is about late April, Alex told me that mine replacement will come in with the second batch. But he was not sure about the arrival time at that moment. okay... i will just wait.........
On 5/25, I sent Alex another email regarding the replacement. And he finally promised me that the replacement will be here from late June to the first week of July. NO LATER than first week of July. Therefore I planned the trip down to LA from San Francisco because I wanted to get the exhaust replace asap. I emailed Alex yesterday to CONFIRM the arrival. And of course, he promised the newest batch will be here next Monday or Tuesday.
I called ARK, and Ted (owner of ARK) picked up the phone. He said Alex was not in the office or something. So he started explain to me what happened... anyways, the whole conversation was to mention my replacement is NOT in this batch which will arrive next Monday. He said mine replacement will be here SOMETIMES IN AUGUST... WTFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF
I am totally being impatient right now of ARK... Is it qualify as a good service?? I bought my exhaust in the early Feb... and now is 4th of July... They kept breaking promise to their customerS... keep pushing back the replacement. I am totally regretted to buy the ARK instead of HKS or MXP... totally.
it's been that long already? what's the wait for just a stupid Y pipe and a replacement muffler? can't they just replace the whole exhaust for you.
Old 07-03-2010, 09:38 AM
VossenG37S

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts
I agree this is terrible , this reminds me when I was givin
the run around about MXP for 6-7 months than another 3-4 months to get full refund in payments WTF , I feel your pain I'm
sure it's even more frustrating for you man, let's see what happens! I would take ARK off my car and go Fast Int they always take good care of their customers.
Old 07-03-2010, 11:13 AM
thejumpoff

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Sorry for what you're going through. I know how it feels since I had to play this waiting game with ARK for a few months too. My ETA kept getting pushed back and when I called on my given ETA, all I would get was another ETA for a few weeks later.

My experience wasn't totally negative though and I have to give credit where credit is due. Alex did EVENTUALLY take care of my situation after numerous phone calls & email's. IMHO, I don't think it should be taking them as long as has to take care of their customers needs. Instead of giving us false dates just to appease us, why not tell your customers the actual ETA?

I understand a company may have setbacks but 5+ months?
Old 07-03-2010, 12:01 PM
SubSurface

Most definitely NOT a company that you want to do business with, especially when there are so many reputable choices.
Old 07-03-2010, 01:42 PM
hispeed-lowdrag
Registered Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by SubSurface
Most definitely NOT a company that you want to do business with, especially when there are so many reputable choices.
I think this is a little premature to just label ARK as a company not to do business with. There are plenty of other people who have had a great experience, me being one of them.

It does suck that people have had problems and hopefully ARK has/will fix them, but I wouldn't just throw them to the curb for it
Old 07-03-2010, 01:55 PM
SubSurface

Buyer beware.
Old 07-03-2010, 03:33 PM
ARKperformance
Former Sponsor

I do apologize for the delays. When I give my customers a date, I give the date that was confirmed to me at the given time. In cases like these, I would love to have 1 confirmed date so it doesn't cause more headaches in the future. However, there are factors that I just can't control. In the future, I will post up updated dates so everyone will be on the same page just as I am.

We do not want to hold on to your money and always take care of our customers to the fullest. Whether it may be a replacement muffler to the tip alignment or Pre orders, we want to make sure that the customers get what they paid for.

Alex
Old 07-03-2010, 04:00 PM
SubSurface

Originally Posted by joey'g37

This just does not compute. Service....naw!

Originally Posted by ARKperformance
I do apologize for the delays. When I give my customers a date, I give the date that was confirmed to me at the given time. In cases like these, I would love to have 1 confirmed date so it doesn't cause more headaches in the future. However, there are factors that I just can't control. In the future, I will post up updated dates so everyone will be on the same page just as I am.

We do not want to hold on to your money and always take care of our customers to the fullest. Whether it may be a replacement muffler to the tip alignment or Pre orders, we want to make sure that the customers get what they paid for.

Alex
The proof is in the delivery.
Old 07-03-2010, 04:00 PM
joey'g37

yeah!! No kidding, it has been over 6 months waiting... And of course, I know ARK take cares of their customers, but you know... sometimes people just running out of patient. We would even feel better if he DIDN"T make promises at the very first place. That's not the way to do business.
Old 07-08-2010, 05:14 PM
ARKperformance
Former Sponsor

We understand your situation and will take care of it without any downtime on our end. We will generate a return tag for the AT exhaust that you have in your garage right now and once the MT/AT Exhaust gets in, we will ship it out right away.

Alex
Old 07-31-2010, 01:49 AM
highwind

Bump for ARK. Just pre-ordered mine.
Old 08-01-2010, 04:08 AM
tWistedMissiOn
Registered Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
When's the next shipment gonna arrive?
Old 08-07-2010, 05:23 PM
highwind

14 days and counting for me. Confirmed with Alex again today.
Old 08-07-2010, 09:45 PM
ucla bruin

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
^Did you speak to Alex?

Quick Reply: ARK PERFORMANCE INC: Prototype true dual exhaust installed w/ VIDEO. GAME OVER..