Intake and Exhaust The ultimate forum to ask, discuss, and answer tech related questions regarding MyG37 intake and exhaust.

ARK PERFORMANCE INC: Prototype true dual exhaust installed w/ VIDEO. GAME OVER..

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2009, 12:26 AM
Kidcane
Florida G Club

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Giggity!
Old 08-01-2009, 12:37 AM
ARKperformance
Former Sponsor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by JKashat
Too bad I just got the mxp or I might have jumped on this system. Looks sweet. Is it 2.5" or 3"?
Thanks for the great comments.

This is a 2.5 Inch. I have some other videos i have to make. That first video is just a teaser. Once the pricing is finalized, Our dealer on this forum will release the information to you right away.

If you guys have any other questions regarding this, please do not hesitate to ask. I know there are a couple of weekly meets in socal, we will start attending those as well so the local community can get a taste of whats coming.

Alex
Old 08-01-2009, 04:57 AM
STOOF

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts
Looks like a wannabe HKS to me.....
Old 08-01-2009, 05:07 AM
g37mobbber

sounds sick!!!
Old 08-01-2009, 06:16 AM
G37HKS

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by ARKperformance
In some ways yes it does look like it, however we have implemented our Technology into our exhaust. First of all. the x-pipe would be the first major different between the two. 2nd will be the Quality of the exhaust hence the sound of the exhaust. The two exhaust sounds completely different and we can guarantee that ours is a full T304 Stainless steel all the way back. hint hint. Finally the Tips, We welded on our signature tips and finish to show craftsmanship, quality, and innovation.

Team ARK
So you're saying that your X pipe is better than HKS H pipe??

in somehow i love your exhaust.. Gland i didnt buy any exhaust until now
Old 08-01-2009, 07:06 AM
G37Sam
Administrator

Received 243 Likes on 193 Posts
I love the sound, deep down low and roaring up high! Just the way it should be!

But isn't the double canister an HKS trademark kind of thing?
Old 08-01-2009, 07:46 AM
SOLISIMO

The exhaust sounds beautiful, but I have come to learn no matter what exhaust you put on (except the crap invidia) or how much you pay for an exhaust they all sound within one or two sound tones of each other on this motor....
Old 08-01-2009, 11:28 AM
VossenG37S

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts
Not another HKS Clone! (x02)...
Old 08-01-2009, 11:29 AM
NeverBoneStock
Premier Member

Received 69 Likes on 56 Posts
Very nice !!!
Old 08-01-2009, 02:01 PM
san~man

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts
Sedan version in the future?
Old 08-01-2009, 02:02 PM
ARKperformance
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by STOOF
Looks like a wannabe HKS to me.....
Originally Posted by G37Sam
I love the sound, deep down low and roaring up high! Just the way it should be!

But isn't the double canister an HKS trademark kind of thing?
Originally Posted by BlkHR37S
Not another HKS Clone! (x02)...
yes HKS did do it first, we give them credit for that. With that in mind, we refined all the things that we didnt like about HKS and built on top of it. The outcome is our very own system. Our exhaust systems are capable of handling forced induction with the use of our exhaust caps to ensure no cracks and leaks. We specifically double layered these high pressure areas and welded on top of the two layers instead of welding the edges like other companies. There is also some clearance issues. Every car has it specific OEM lines in which exhaust companies MUST follow in order to clear, the the under mounts, sway bars and utilize the stock hangers so there is only so many ways we can make the exhaust flow with the best outcome.

Bottom line is, we didn't just replicate the exhaust, thats what x02 did and offered it at a cheap price, but the people who did get them got what they paid for. Rust issues, Tip issues, and fitment issues.

ARK simply made the exhaust better. We just can't justify, how they can put on a price tag that high from what you get with the HKS exhaust. Nowadays, exhaust companies are lowering their quality to maintain profit during these hard time. We took this chance to UP our quality and are always trying to bring something new to the table (our Tips , CAPS, x-pipe, and flange design).

I know know there are some HKS loyalist out there and I respect you guys for that. However, with the market still being slow we wanted to bring something better for the G37 community.

Alex

Some of our work

The tips are used for the EVO exhaust above. We made it so it fits both JDM and USDM bumper without cutting the bumper.

Old 08-01-2009, 02:17 PM
GeeeeOhhhh
Registered Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
looks beautiful, can't wait to see the dyno numbers.
Old 08-01-2009, 03:38 PM
VossenG37S

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts
Ark

Originally Posted by GeeeeOhhhh
looks beautiful, can't wait to see the dyno numbers.
I take back what I said about hks clone !!! Sounds really good I was just upset because I use to have hks and I paid a lot of $$$ for it abd didn't sound like I wanted but design was my favorite on z and g's looks badass just wish it was better built an that's what u guys did!!! Awesome I been waiting for mxp exhaust for 4 months and canceled because of issues and wait time
now in the market for a new cat back!!! Shoot me a price asap whenever that's release hopefully wait tome is not like mxp
e...
Old 08-01-2009, 03:43 PM
ARKperformance
Former Sponsor

Our Socal Dealers will be constantly updated on stock and we will be active on the board to keep the members update date on new and current systems.

BTW: we have manufacture warranty on all of our products no questions asked.
Old 08-01-2009, 03:53 PM
Black Betty
Lexus Defector

Received 2,087 Likes on 1,267 Posts
Will you offer an option to get this system without the burnt tips for those few of us who don't like them?

It sounds quite loud (from what I could hear over the wind noise). How loud (in dB) is it and does it drone at constant cruising speed? An interior sound level video while accelerating, WOT, and highway cruising speed would be great.

Quick Reply: ARK PERFORMANCE INC: Prototype true dual exhaust installed w/ VIDEO. GAME OVER..