Intake and Exhaust The ultimate forum to ask, discuss, and answer tech related questions regarding MyG37 intake and exhaust.

first mxp installed!!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2009, 11:40 AM
richierich

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
^ thanks man, yea I wasn't too worried about it. I knew mackin would fix things. And remeber it has a 3 YEAR WARRANTY so if anything happens man just speak with Steve or any mackin employee and they'll help u out.

Congrats and I promise you won't regret it. And be sure to post pix and vids haha
Old 07-17-2009, 11:42 AM
richierich

Oh and I been driving with the prototype and it's perfect, sound is great and best of all even tips.
Old 07-17-2009, 02:23 PM
Ryan@Forged
Former Sponsor

The low down on the MXP fitment

Ok guys, here is some info that should help clear the air a bit. Let me know if you have any other questions and I will do all I can to answer them

1. The Joint for Drive shaft is different from A/T and M/T (Please see attached image difference). We want you guys to know that there are difference on these two models.

2. A/T is thicker and lower due to improved auto shifting (using rubber piece to release stress). Also lower than the M/T.

3. MXP was developed on M/T car and tested on M/T. We didn't have any intention of releasing this to A/T until it is tested.

4. For those who bought this unit for A/T please be aware and double check underneath this area.

5. MXP, as a company, did not mention that it will fit on A/T. We are very sorry that this happened, and we are improving our Mid pipe to fit on both car.

6. 2nd Batch - Already coming to USA. Our target for arrival is end of July 2009. For the people who ordered for M/T, coming very soon. (Again, sorry for the delay)

7. We are working w/ our Factory to see if we can get a few Mid pipes set to replace our existing production for those who ordered for Automatics.
We are not firm on how many set we will receive should be around 3-5 pcs frist, but it will be by AIR for faster service.

8. The current production (2nd batch) will be for those who has M/T. If you put these units on A/T and modified the pipeing to fit the car, it will void warranty and we are not responsible for any damage to your vehicle. If you don't mind warranty, than this is your responsibility to visit professional Muffler shop to make modification. Move the resonators forward approximately 40-50mm.

9. Tip - we tested a few systems we had ready to ship out. Test - Ok.
Please understand that any damages by UPS or during shipping is not covered under warranty. Usually these cases can be claimed to the shipping carrier or fix the hanger which recommended by professional muffler place (*Again, anything modified, even bending the hanger will void warranty, so before you decide to do any of this, please contact your dealer)

10. Selling M/T to A/T - Please understand that these were made for M/T.
We understand that people would like to sell this unit to A/T in the future.

But, since we made this unit for M/T, we don't recommend to sell to A/T.
There was no intention of making exhaust to fit Both model. We will look into and finish R&D for A/T. Sorry for inconvenience.

11. Warranty - It covers any failure of weld and pipe defect. Also, the fitment. If there's any sign of damage under the pipe, it can void the warranty. Cutting and re-welding void warranty.

Please feel free to call Mackin anytime for any other question you might have. We are happy to assist you to make sure that you are happy w/ MXP products

Last edited by Ryan@Forged; 07-17-2009 at 03:15 PM.
Old 07-17-2009, 02:29 PM
VossenG37S

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts
So since I hv an auto I should cancel?
Old 07-17-2009, 02:50 PM
Ryan@Forged
Former Sponsor

NO, please don't cancel Midpipes are being made that will work with the Auto's. They should be here in 2-3 weeks and then sent out to you at no additional costs. This will solve any fitment problems
Old 07-17-2009, 02:54 PM
DetroitG37Joe

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by BlkHR37S
So since I hv an auto I should cancel?
If I were you bro, I would keep the order and wait for Mackin to release the official mid pipe or modified part to make it fit the AT. IMHO it's kind of shady that they wait to say that they "never intended it to fit AT and MT and only designed it on MT" now after having let it be sold to both AT/MT customers lol. Pretty much BS, they just don't want to admit that the foolishly overlooked the difference in components between AT and MT in their own R&D and actually put an exhaust into production without having testing it on AT and then now the PR is "we made it for MT guys we just never specified that before." Well if that was the case they would say MXP for MT ONLY FOR SALE!!! And no one with AT would have paid money, reserved or had that d!ck tease just yet.

*sigh*

Anyways, if I were you I would want to be covered under warranty so I would keep the order as long as the replacement part for AT drops SOON. Sucks!

Last edited by DetroitG37Joe; 07-17-2009 at 05:04 PM.
Old 07-17-2009, 03:03 PM
Volk350z

MXP is getting some "New" Mid-pipe that will fit A/T coming soon via Air, once they get it they will test it on Richie's car to confirm 100% fitment.

Who every has an order for the MXP Exhaust that has an A/T you will get your exhaust with the new Mid-Pipe very soon. You will not have to wait 2-3 months for it.
Old 07-17-2009, 03:05 PM
DetroitG37Joe

Originally Posted by Ryan@Forged
5. MXP, as a company, did not mention that it will fit on A/T. We are very sorry that this happened, and we are improving our Mid pipe to fit on both car.
Sadly they mentioned it as fitting the G37 coupe in general so folks assumed MT and AT. I mean mistakes happen, Mackin is stand up Im sure they'll take care of the AT folks and hopefully they will air ship everything.
Old 07-17-2009, 04:18 PM
Volk350z

here's pix of the difference between A/T & M/T

Old 07-17-2009, 04:57 PM
Ryan@Forged
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by DetroitG37Joe
If I were you bro, I would cancel and wait for Mackin to release the official mid pipe or modified part to make it fit the AT. IMHO it's kind of shady that they wait to say that they "never intended it to fit AT and MT and only designed it on MT" now after having sold it to both AT/MT customers lol. Pretty much BS, they just don't want to admit that the foolishly overlooked the difference in components between AT and MT in their own R&D and actually put an exhaust into production without having testing it on AT and then now the PR is "we made it for MT." Well if that was the case they would say MXP for MT ONLY FOR SALE!!! And no one would MT would have paid money, reserved or had that d!ck tease.

*sigh*

Anyways, if I were you I would want to be covered under warranty so I would keep the order as long as the replacement part for AT drops SOON. Sucks!
I'm failing to see your reasoning why you would cancel the order. MXP is sending new mid pipes to all the A/T owners and all future models will come with the new midpipe. So if MXP is correcting the issue and taking care of the customers with A/T who have already bought theirs, what reasoning would there be to cancel any order?
Old 07-17-2009, 05:03 PM
DetroitG37Joe

If I were you bro, I would keep the order and wait for Mackin to release the official mid pipe or modified part to make it fit the AT. IMHO it's kind of shady that they wait to say that they "never intended it to fit AT and MT and only designed it on MT" now after having sold it to both AT/MT customers lol. Pretty much BS, they just don't want to admit that the foolishly overlooked the difference in components between AT and MT in their own R&D and actually put an exhaust into production without having testing it on AT and then now the PR is "we made it for MT guys we just never specified that before." Well if that was the case they would say MXP for MT ONLY FOR SALE!!! And no one with AT would have paid money, reserved or had that d!ck tease just yet.

*sigh*

Originally Posted by Ryan@Forged
I'm failing to see your reasoning why you would cancel the order. MXP is sending new mid pipes to all the A/T owners and all future models will come with the new midpipe. So if MXP is correcting the issue and taking care of the customers with A/T who have already bought theirs, what reasoning would there be to cancel any order?

I agree. I wrote that post before I got word that Mackin was on top of making the replacement part for the AT version. I have since then edited the post accordingly. Sorry about that.

Joe
Old 07-17-2009, 05:05 PM
TicketProof

I ordered from Vivid Racing in Arizona, they said I wouldn't have it till the end of the month even before all this **** happened, how will I know that I get the AT modified one from then when It ships, they don't seem to be aware of the situation. Should I contact Mackin directly ?
Old 07-17-2009, 05:23 PM
ucla bruin

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
How about have Vivid Racing do the work, tell them to make sure it's gonna fit your AT, otherwise you'll canceling since it may not fit.
Old 07-17-2009, 05:48 PM
Ryan@Forged
Former Sponsor

I agree. I wrote that post before I got word that Mackin was on top of making the replacement part for the AT version. I have since then edited the post accordingly. Sorry about that.

Joe
Not a problem man. I'm just simply providing everyone with the best information I can provide. I just want everyone to be aware that things are already in motion to make sure everyone is taken care of and there is no reason to cancel any orders.

Originally Posted by TicketProof
I ordered from Vivid Racing in Arizona, they said I wouldn't have it till the end of the month even before all this **** happened, how will I know that I get the AT modified one from then when It ships, they don't seem to be aware of the situation. Should I contact Mackin directly ?
I would contact Vivid Directly since you ordered the parts through them. I can provide support for anyone who placed the orders through us along with provide any information I come across to anyone. Since you placed the order with Vivid I would be calling them making sure they take care of it. You should not have to deal with Mackin directly. I have been on the phone with several of our customers all day long. I would never expect for our customers to call Mackin directly. Part of what you pay for when you go through us is our support and customer service. I would expect any other reputable vendor to do the same.

Originally Posted by ucla bruin
How about have Vivid Racing do the work, tell them to make sure it's gonna fit your AT, otherwise you'll canceling since it may not fit.
exactly.
Old 07-17-2009, 09:13 PM
Raizon

Bummer...I was planning to get this too. Guess I might have to stick with HKS.

Quick Reply: first mxp installed!!!