Intake and Exhaust The ultimate forum to ask, discuss, and answer tech related questions regarding MyG37 intake and exhaust.

first mxp installed!!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2009, 07:48 PM
DrJones

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I know what this feels like
Old 07-16-2009, 09:22 PM
richierich

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ok first things first. I want to thank mackin for more than excellent customer service. They are very professional and stand by their products. Special thanks to brian and Steve for uninstalling and installing the exhaust about 5-6times and for lunch. Trully professional.
I mentioned before the production mxp was from the proto which was a mt. Unfortunatly the at and mt are very different. At diff is bigger than the mt which is causing the cannister to make some contact with the drive shaft. So...after measuring. It can be concluded there are adjustment that must be done, which will be corrected asap. We tookoff my exhaust and put it on brians mt g37 and it fit just fine. So in conclusion theproblem will be for at's. From what I am told it will be corrected asap. Those who are at should wait for upcoming batches.

Those with mt will not, forsure not have a issue with this system.
After that being said. Mackin is still one of my fav company and rates an A+ for customer service. As on right now they leant me the proto type (which fit perfect on my at) until this is resolved.
Thanks guys.
Old 07-16-2009, 09:43 PM
TicketProof

So we have to wait for another batch to be made and shipped over from Asia ? That could be months and months ! This seems like a major screwup by a company that should know better
Old 07-16-2009, 10:04 PM
Kidcane
Florida G Club

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
wow bummer
Old 07-16-2009, 11:29 PM
JLai

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by richierich
Ok first things first. I want to thank mackin for more than excellent customer service. They are very professional and stand by their products. Special thanks to brian and Steve for uninstalling and installing the exhaust about 5-6times and for lunch. Trully professional.
I mentioned before the production mxp was from the proto which was a mt. Unfortunatly the at and mt are very different. At diff is bigger than the mt which is causing the cannister to make some contact with the drive shaft. So...after measuring. It can be concluded there are adjustment that must be done, which will be corrected asap. We tookoff my exhaust and put it on brians mt g37 and it fit just fine. So in conclusion theproblem will be for at's. From what I am told it will be corrected asap. Those who are at should wait for upcoming batches.

After that being said. Mackin is still one of my fav company and rates an A+ for customer service. As on right now they leant me the proto type (which fit perfect on my at) until this is resolved.
Thanks guys.
Do you know if 6MTs are going to have to wait now as well (ala they are coming out with 1 uniform version)?
Old 07-16-2009, 11:32 PM
TIMMAY

i don't think 6MT's need to wait for somethin that fits their car plenty fine now..
Old 07-16-2009, 11:39 PM
JLai

Originally Posted by TIMMAY
i don't think 6MT's need to wait for somethin that fits their car plenty fine now..
Yeah, but if they haven't shipped the big batch yet, then they may opt to stop all production in order to have one version that fixes the AT problem...Thus delaying all orders, regardless if we're 6MT or AT.

If they decide to make two versions, this will increase production costs in the long run if one version will work for both.
Old 07-16-2009, 11:48 PM
xlack
Registered Member

they should recall all the faulty mxp.. what if a 6MT guy sells his exhaust to an AT guy down the road. can foresee many problems if theres not a universal version
Old 07-16-2009, 11:51 PM
JLai

Originally Posted by xlack
they should recall all the faulty mxp.. what if a 6MT guy sells his exhaust to an AT guy down the road. can foresee many problems if theres not a universal version
Its not faulty for 6MTs, so they may end up having two versions. In which case, the AT guy would be an idiot for buying the wrong version. Eitherway, like I said...I hope this does not delay the release for 6MTs.
Old 07-17-2009, 12:12 AM
richierich

These will not delay the production for the mt's. They are good to go for you guys. They'll keep us updated on when the single uniform versions come on.
Old 07-17-2009, 02:28 AM
ucla bruin

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Just watched your videos again. Sigh.

I want to hear these in person! Haha.
Old 07-17-2009, 11:32 AM
richierich

^ just hit me up whenevers man and I'll roll by. Especially if ur at amp'd, evertime I'm there I wanna buy something. Haha
Old 07-17-2009, 11:34 AM
DetroitG37Joe

Originally Posted by richierich

Thanks guys.

Bro, you've been through a lot and I commend you staying so positive! Cheers to that. Thanks for all the info you found out. I have MT so I'm happy but I wish you luck on getting your new system, I'm sure Mackin will take care of ya. I just OK'ed my vendor to ship me my MXP - soon as that puppy is installed on my MXP, I will post pics/videos/etc. Thanks again for your info which pretty much was super useful to me as I have confidence to get my MXP, and my buyer of my Tanabe (great guy) can finally end his wait and get the damn Tanabe, lol!!!!!
Old 07-17-2009, 11:36 AM
TIMMAY

hopefully he has no uneven tip or other fitment issues.. =P

his car is 5AT haha
Old 07-17-2009, 11:39 AM
DetroitG37Joe

I'm confirming the ship and should be installing the MXP and taking off the Tanabe to ship it out hopefully late next week. HPA will be shipping me my MXP today.

Quick Reply: first mxp installed!!!