Intake and Exhaust The ultimate forum to ask, discuss, and answer tech related questions regarding MyG37 intake and exhaust.

first mxp installed!!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2009, 10:56 PM
ucla bruin

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
OMG, just saw the videos. Best exhaust I've heard!
Old 07-15-2009, 10:58 PM
VossenG37S

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts
So this issue is only causing the tip to sit lower in the right?
Old 07-15-2009, 10:59 PM
JLai

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I'm not sure how it would look different on 6MTs if nothing is touching. Hopefully people are right and manuals are not affected. I guess we'll find out soon.
Old 07-15-2009, 11:01 PM
richierich

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by BlkHR37S
So this issue is only causing the tip to sit lower in the right?
i think so? well for at least for me... everything is bolted on. ill post up what they say tomorrow.

thanks danny. even though there are a couple of tweeks that still need to be done. the sound is like nothing i ever heard before.
Old 07-16-2009, 11:48 AM
Raizon

Can you post a video from inside the cabin while driving? I know there's a video already posted but I want to see if the noise is consistent. From the first video, the cabin noise sounds lower than the Tanabes.

I was told the MXP has very efficient resonators so the cabin noise might be lower compared to the Tanabes. Does anyone have any experience with both exhausts and would like to share their opinion in regards to cabin noise?
Old 07-16-2009, 12:14 PM
VossenG37S

Richie ! What other exhaust have you heard or had that you can compare mxp to ? For me I already had HkS hi power on my 07 Z and nismo catback w/ test pipes so I'm dying to here this catback I'n person
Old 07-16-2009, 12:35 PM
ucla bruin

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Raizon
Can you post a video from inside the cabin while driving? I know there's a video already posted but I want to see if the noise is consistent. From the first video, the cabin noise sounds lower than the Tanabes.

I was told the MXP has very efficient resonators so the cabin noise might be lower compared to the Tanabes. Does anyone have any experience with both exhausts and would like to share their opinion in regards to cabin noise?

I have experienced both. Tanabe has a very slight drone when accelerating in-cabin, while MXP has zero drone but a nice throaty growl when speeding up. When cruising 40-50mph, Tanabe is slightly more audible than MXP but I don't think it's very noticeable. I'd imagine at freeway speed, MXP would be more quiet than Tanabe when it's held at higher, constant speed.

Are you getting MXP?
Old 07-16-2009, 01:03 PM
DetroitG37Joe

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I have the MT and MXP is on hand with my vendor, but given the data we have so far I don't know if OK'ing the ship to me is safe. Because as of current it seems the tip fitment issue could either be AT specific or POSSIBLY a build issue that will affect all G installs. There is the small possibility that it's an issue with just Richierich's kit but I think chances of that are slim. Shame on Mackin for making people wait this long and not having Research, Design and Tested this product to the fullest.
Old 07-16-2009, 01:08 PM
Gamedog
Sam Rothstein

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Well I think it's too early to jump to conclusions IMO. I think Richie's might've just been the only one, and since he's the only person with it on, everyone is jumping to conclusions and anticipating the worst. I think Mackin would've caught that fitment imperfection before mass producing. Mackins been a legit company for as long as I could remember, and they wouldn't (I think) have their new exhaust line ruin their rep due to poor R&D.
Old 07-16-2009, 01:16 PM
VossenG37S

I'm waiting for mine
Old 07-16-2009, 01:18 PM
richierich

I'm at mackin now. They are test fitting and measuring. The proto was made for mt and was made into the production, measuring must be done because at diff is alittle bigger and that is why I'm having the problem. The reason y the tips are a little off is because we had to push the midpipe so it wouldn't hit the diff. And by doing so it tweeked everything.
Old 07-16-2009, 01:20 PM
richierich

I've heard magnaflow,borla, and hks. IMO mxp sounds the best. Then I would say hks.
Old 07-16-2009, 01:30 PM
Raizon

Originally Posted by ucla bruin
I have experienced both. Tanabe has a very slight drone when accelerating in-cabin, while MXP has zero drone but a nice throaty growl when speeding up. When cruising 40-50mph, Tanabe is slightly more audible than MXP but I don't think it's very noticeable. I'd imagine at freeway speed, MXP would be more quiet than Tanabe when it's held at higher, constant speed.

Are you getting MXP?
Hey Danny, thanks for sharing your experience. I'm debating between HKS and MXP to replace my Tanabe. The Tanabe drones too much for my taste. Like you said, between 40-50, I notice quite a bit of drone.

With the possible fitment issue, I might be leaning towards HKS but from the videos I kinda like the MXP tone more. Then again, videos doesn't do justice and unfortunately there aren't very much active G37s in forum around my area with these exhausts for me to hear in person. Decisions...Decisions...
Old 07-16-2009, 01:36 PM
DetroitG37Joe

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by richierich
I'm at mackin now. They are test fitting and measuring. The proto was made for mt and was made into the production, measuring must be done because at diff is alittle bigger and that is why I'm having the problem. The reason y the tips are a little off is because we had to push the midpipe so it wouldn't hit the diff. And by doing so it tweeked everything.
So Richierich, is it safe to say that your tip sitting lower/unever is a DIRECT result of the AT diff issue? Can Mackin confirm that the current build sits and will fit perfectly on an MT model? Can you ask for me please, if you don't mind?

I do wish you best of luck with them remedying your situation.
Old 07-16-2009, 02:01 PM
TIMMAY

Originally Posted by DetroitG37Joe
Are u sure its remedied easily? cause like BLKHR37S said, for the $ and time we spend waiting on this - it better be a perfect build.
the uneven tips thing is somewhat common when installin an exhaust and is usually easily fixable..

like he said.. it woulda been fixed real quick but he had to go to work..

Quick Reply: first mxp installed!!!