Intake and Exhaust The ultimate forum to ask, discuss, and answer tech related questions regarding MyG37 intake and exhaust.

Injen CAI VS. Stillin Gen 3

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2009, 09:33 AM
rohardi

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Injen CAI VS. Stillin Gen 3

I will be picking up an 09 G37xS sedan soon. I don't really want to Mod it too much. I was thinking a nice intake would give me a lot of bang for the buck (a little power and a little sound). I hear a lot about the Injen and Stillen Gen 3. If I don't intend on doing much to my car aside from an intake, witch would be a better choice?

So far it sounds like the Injen is a little easier to install ( I don't know if I will do it my self or not ) And you don’t need to make any changes to the computer.

The Stillen sound like you need to some minor modifications under the hood. Also sounds like you need to make some changes to the car's computer. From what I have read the Stillen gives a little more power and sound. is this correct? When I searched on line, it seems as if there are a bunch of people who swear by Injen CAI and a bunch that swear by Stillen Gen 3. So that tells me they are both good products, But what other info should I use to make my decision???
Old 05-12-2009, 10:33 AM
jsingh

Try searching on the forum.

There are a ton of threads on both of these CAI's
Old 05-12-2009, 10:44 AM
Rapture37

Stillen gen 3s are ALOT harder to install than the injens. However, worth it, working on your car if you don't mind.
Old 05-12-2009, 11:06 AM
rohardi

Rapture, Did you do anything to the computer when you put on the stillen?
Old 05-12-2009, 12:50 PM
Rapture37

You just disconnect the battery during the install and reconnect it when you are done. It will reset your ecu to learn again with your intakes.
Old 05-12-2009, 09:01 PM
ucla bruin

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
There are tons of reviews on the Stillen and Injen CAIs. You'll get people telling you different things here like any other thread unless you have specific questions.

What's more important to you, in order: power, sound, ease of installation, quality....etc
Old 05-12-2009, 09:06 PM
jnguyen

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by ucla bruin
There are tons of reviews on the Stillen and Injen CAIs. You'll get people telling you different things here like any other thread unless you have specific questions.

What's more important to you, in order: power, sound, ease of installation, quality....etc
Agree, I Would believe what you are looking for is Injen. The sound,Power, and quality is all there! Also You said your not looking to do anything much beside injen and there been dyno to show 16whp on a bone stock. Also one thing that is a plus over injen is there you dont have to make permanent modification for it to fit.

overall i think injen is the bangs for the bucks for looks and sound but like everyone says, it all sums up to what you want and like.
Old 05-12-2009, 09:12 PM
aliiin
BMW Defector

Received 16 Likes on 10 Posts
it's all what you want, they are pretty much similiar...
Old 05-12-2009, 09:17 PM
sTiLLBaLLiN37
Former Prez of LA G'Z

Received 24 Likes on 3 Posts
Injen fan boys unite!!!!!!!!!

....Go with the Injens, I love mine
Old 05-13-2009, 08:04 AM
rohardi

the more I read the more I want the Injens. Do you need to wait till the break in period is over before you install them? Thanks for the input!
Old 05-13-2009, 11:45 AM
hispeed-lowdrag
Registered Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
that is a whole other debate on here people will tell you that a break in period is bogus and others will swear by it. either way, the intakes can be put on right away. the break in period is (in theory) to help the seals in your engine seat properly so that there is no problem with over-wear or leaking in the future. so go ahead and throw those intakes on (I subscribe to Stillens but aliiin said it right, theyre about the same) and get driving!
Old 05-13-2009, 03:39 PM
rohardi

[COLOR=#333333][FONT=Verdana]One other quick question. I MAY consider the Tech package. I know the sensor for the cruse control is in the bottom of the front bumper. Is there any issue with this and removal of the bumper for the install, and the drivers side intake is approximately right be hind the sensor. Is there anything I should take in to consideration with this?
Old 05-13-2009, 06:18 PM
willizm

Stillen ftw!!! Don't trust injen as far as I can throw them. More people have reported better gains including myself then what I have seen of the Injen CAI.
Old 05-13-2009, 06:41 PM
sTiLLBaLLiN37
Former Prez of LA G'Z

Received 24 Likes on 3 Posts
^^^ Uhhh... I guess you missed the dynos by some members for the Injen. Bone stock is 16.5whp and bone stock dyno for Stillen 3G, which I did, was 14.5whp. Let alone the fact that the A/F ratio is way off for the 3G, Injen is the far better choice.
Old 05-13-2009, 06:46 PM
jnguyen

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Stillen 3g runs very lean cause so much air is entering the tube at one time and makes the engine go BOOM BOOM POW cause injen is so 3008 and stillen so 2000 late ......

Hahahahahahhahahahahah

Quick Reply: Injen CAI VS. Stillin Gen 3