Intake and Exhaust The ultimate forum to ask, discuss, and answer tech related questions regarding MyG37 intake and exhaust.

Review My New Injen SRI

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2009, 07:15 PM
wakeboardr116

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts
Oh, well. atleast I got some idea of a baseline as a whole for my car. I'm new to this whole dyno thing so i had no clue what i was doing. The guy said 2-3 is all you really need to get an average. He's been doing it for 10+ years so i just went with what he said.
Old 05-20-2009, 07:20 PM
sTiLLBaLLiN37
Former Prez of LA G'Z

Received 24 Likes on 3 Posts
That's typically true for a baseline 2-4 is usually what it takes to get an average but for an aftermarket intake it takes 5-9 pulls. When I dynoed my Stillen 3G it took almost 10 pulls to get an average.
Old 05-20-2009, 07:30 PM
wakeboardr116

OK review thread is up with dyno. here it is

https://www.myg37.com/forums/intake-...ml#post2637166
Old 05-23-2009, 03:20 PM
KnoxvilleG37

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
UPDATE: So late last night I decided to head out to the garage and put the Injens back in my car. This time I did NOT reset the ECU. Took her out for a spin today and WOW....what a difference (in a good way). They sound great....and my car does pull harder. My butt dyno says NO loss of torque. I WILL be keeping them!!!!

Only time will tell how the ECU adjusts to these. I'll run them for a while with my new Tanabe exhaust then get a custom tune this fall to make sure I'm not running rich/lean.

SO...for those who subscribed.....go for the Injens! Just don't reset your ECU....I don't think that's necessary anyways. I'm glad I didn't sell these....
Old 05-23-2009, 04:00 PM
BooSa37

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
I never reset my ECU thats why i didn't noticed any power loss...Although I sold them already but i dont miss it, My tanabe fulfills all my needs ;-)
Old 05-23-2009, 04:03 PM
sTiLLBaLLiN37
Former Prez of LA G'Z

Received 24 Likes on 3 Posts
With the Injen CAI/SRI and Tanabe mufflers your not gonna be running lean or rich without a tune so I wouldn't worry about that. The only way to run rich or lean is by intakes, and if the Injen CAI/SRI is keeping the ratio VERY close to stock you are perfectly fine!
Old 05-23-2009, 04:04 PM
dannbla
LA G Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by KnoxvilleG37
UPDATE: So late last night I decided to head out to the garage and put the Injens back in my car. This time I did NOT reset the ECU. Took her out for a spin today and WOW....what a difference (in a good way). They sound great....and my car does pull harder. My butt dyno says NO loss of torque. I WILL be keeping them!!!!

Only time will tell how the ECU adjusts to these. I'll run them for a while with my new Tanabe exhaust then get a custom tune this fall to make sure I'm not running rich/lean.

SO...for those who subscribed.....go for the Injens! Just don't reset your ECU....I don't think that's necessary anyways. I'm glad I didn't sell these....

good to hear man
Old 05-23-2009, 04:38 PM
KnoxvilleG37

Originally Posted by sTiLLBaLLiN37
With the Injen CAI/SRI and Tanabe mufflers your not gonna be running lean or rich without a tune so I wouldn't worry about that. The only way to run rich or lean is by intakes, and if the Injen CAI/SRI is keeping the ratio VERY close to stock you are perfectly fine!
AWESOME! Thanks man....I figured you'd have some insight into this. I appreciate it bro!
Old 05-24-2009, 12:22 PM
TimsG37s

Originally Posted by KnoxvilleG37

I'm glad it all worked out for you Knoxville. I knew there was no loss with these SRI's. Thats cool you felt the difference when you put them back on. I knew you would. Enjoy them! Once you get the Tanabe's on and the Grounding Kit your really gonna be loving it!
Old 05-28-2009, 01:40 AM
dannbla
LA G Club

Hey Knox glad to hear you get to keep these
when you get a chance post up a vid with these and the Tanabe exhaust when you get it
Old 06-05-2009, 05:25 AM
myk1013

Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts
Hey guys.
Just installed mine today. After sitting in my room for a month!

I had problems with that rubber tubing that holds the pipes to the velocity stack, that sucker kept slipping off when I tightened it. cleaned it up a bit and it seems fine right now. I'm scurred they might slip off while driving and my engine sucking in contaminated air. I'll keep my eye on them.

Anyone have the same problem? solutions?
Old 06-05-2009, 08:06 AM
Q8y_drifter

Received 39 Likes on 9 Posts
^^ you sure you got enough decals on there??
I think you missed a spot xD
Old 06-05-2009, 08:47 AM
wakeboardr116

Originally Posted by myk1013
Hey guys.

I had problems with that rubber tubing that holds the pipes to the velocity stack, that sucker kept slipping off when I tightened it. cleaned it up a bit and it seems fine right now. I'm scurred they might slip off while driving and my engine sucking in contaminated air. I'll keep my eye on them.

Anyone have the same problem? solutions?
I had that same problem with mine. I've got the black ones too. I dunno if the polished are the same, but to me it seemed like they were slipping from it being painted black and smooth. I finaly got them to stay though.
Old 06-05-2009, 08:58 PM
gthal

Originally Posted by wakeboardr116
I had that same problem with mine. I've got the black ones too. I dunno if the polished are the same, but to me it seemed like they were slipping from it being painted black and smooth. I finaly got them to stay though.
Polished ones here with the same problem. I wiped the inside of the rubber with a little ISO alcohol and it helped a bit. Once installed though, it hasn't moved at all.
Old 06-05-2009, 09:26 PM
KnoxvilleG37

Glad to hear I wasn't the only one with that problem with the rubber connectors slipping. That SERIOUSLY started to **** me off. It's got an oil-like coating to the rubber (probably to keep it pliable).....Mine has stayed put though thankfully.

Quick Reply: Review My New Injen SRI