Intake and Exhaust The ultimate forum to ask, discuss, and answer tech related questions regarding MyG37 intake and exhaust.

Review My New Injen SRI

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2009, 12:14 AM
wakeboardr116

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts
Hopefully I'll be able to get to the shop tomorrow afternoon. Even if it does turn out to loose a little in the low end its not a big deal to me. I decided to get them for the looks and the sound really, then if they make some power all across the board too then thats just a bonus.
Old 05-19-2009, 12:18 AM
KnoxvilleG37

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by wakeboardr116
Hopefully I'll be able to get to the shop tomorrow afternoon. Even if it does turn out to loose a little in the low end its not a big deal to me. I decided to get them for the looks and the sound really, then if they make some power all across the board too then thats just a bonus.
That's a good point too. They look amazing for sure. And once you put them on, you'll hear that air being sucked in and it'll sound great. Damn....I might just have to put them back on sooner! I really am gonna trust the butt dyno on this one. I might hit up my local shop to setup a true dyno run for my G.
Old 05-19-2009, 12:37 AM
TreSe7en
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
^ wakeboarder, would that be alternative mtr sports?
Old 05-19-2009, 01:03 AM
wakeboardr116

Yep, thats the one I called.
Old 05-19-2009, 10:59 PM
KnoxvilleG37

Well bro....did you get your intakes installed today? What do you think about them? Did you get time to do a dyno run???
Old 05-19-2009, 11:11 PM
wakeboardr116

Originally Posted by KnoxvilleG37
Well bro....did you get your intakes installed today? What do you think about them? Did you get time to do a dyno run???
Yep I got them in. I didnt put them on right away cause i was gonna wait until I got to the shop with the dyno. The didnt come till about 1 and I didnt get to head to any of the shops until about 3. I called the shops on the way there and it ended up being they were all booked for the day. So i talked to the one closest to me and the guy said I could come in tomorrow and do some runs so I reserved the dyno for an hour at 3 o'clock. That should be enough time to get some base runs install the intake and do some after runs. So tomorrow I will get them dyno'd.

Anyways since I didnt do the dyno today I went ahead and installed them for the evening. Man those filters look good, and i really like the black tubes. Flows really well with the rest of the stock tubing. As far as sound, they were pretty nice. could be a little louder but no complaining. And for performance, so far its great. Didnt notice any loss in the low end and now it seems like it pulls alot harder up high. Especally right after you shift at redline. It used to lag a bit but now as soon as i shift it starts pulling again.

So, I will put it back to stock tomorrow then go to the shop and get the dynos done. Hopefully tomorrow evening i will be able to post up a review thread with dyno graphs and pics and what not. So far I am really liking these.
Old 05-19-2009, 11:18 PM
Goonz
Premier Member

Received 60 Likes on 54 Posts
they will get louder as you break them in..I had the same complaint with my Injen CAI and its been more then a month now and man these intakes roar!

give it some time
Old 05-19-2009, 11:52 PM
KnoxvilleG37

Yep I got them in. I didnt put them on right away cause i was gonna wait until I got to the shop with the dyno. The didnt come till about 1 and I didnt get to head to any of the shops until about 3. I called the shops on the way there and it ended up being they were all booked for the day. So i talked to the one closest to me and the guy said I could come in tomorrow and do some runs so I reserved the dyno for an hour at 3 o'clock. That should be enough time to get some base runs install the intake and do some after runs. So tomorrow I will get them dyno'd.

Anyways since I didnt do the dyno today I went ahead and installed them for the evening. Man those filters look good, and i really like the black tubes. Flows really well with the rest of the stock tubing. As far as sound, they were pretty nice. could be a little louder but no complaining. And for performance, so far its great. Didnt notice any loss in the low end and now it seems like it pulls alot harder up high. Especally right after you shift at redline. It used to lag a bit but now as soon as i shift it starts pulling again.

So, I will put it back to stock tomorrow then go to the shop and get the dynos done. Hopefully tomorrow evening i will be able to post up a review thread with dyno graphs and pics and what not. So far I am really liking these.
Yep...I knew this stuff was in my head....my Injens are going back on ASAP. I let all of those stupid threads get to me. Glad you like them so far man!
Old 05-20-2009, 12:00 AM
Wes_888

Cant wait for your results wakeboard!!

btw, how much are these injens SRI again?
Old 05-20-2009, 12:05 AM
KnoxvilleG37

Originally Posted by Wes_888
Cant wait for your results wakeboard!!

btw, how much are these injens SRI again?
We usually don't discuss prices in these threads....PM me or Wakeboardr to get the price we paid. These are also on sale in the Vendor section right now!!!
Old 05-20-2009, 12:05 AM
wakeboardr116

^^ PM kevin at USAutotek. I think he's got some polished ones on closeout price for 309 shipped. I got the black ones for just a few dollars more.
Old 05-20-2009, 12:11 AM
Wes_888

Originally Posted by KnoxvilleG37
We usually don't discuss prices in these threads....PM me or Wakeboardr to get the price we paid. These are also on sale in the Vendor section right now!!!
too late! haha wakeboard hooked it up! lol

^^ PM kevin at USAutotek. I think he's got some polished ones on closeout price for 309 shipped. I got the black ones for just a few dollars more.
hey thats an awesome price for intakes!! much cheaper than R2C's... hmmmm.. Very interested to see the dyno results.. if its similar to R2C's said gains, maybe these will be the route that I will go with.

I only choose between the two cuz ease of install and non oiled filters. All the other intakes are not for me.
Old 05-20-2009, 12:15 AM
wakeboardr116

USautoteks got them posted at 309 so its no secret there. Definatly a great price for intakes though compared to some out there.

Here's a little teaser of the black ones.
Old 05-20-2009, 12:23 AM
KnoxvilleG37

USautoteks got them posted at 309 so its no secret there. Definatly a great price for intakes though compared to some out there.
Yeah that's true....that's an even better price than I paid with another vendor but I don't care....the retail is over $400 with these bad boys, so we all win!
Old 05-20-2009, 12:23 AM
Wes_888

Very niceeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee =)

Any drive by videos?

Quick Reply: Review My New Injen SRI