Intake and Exhaust The ultimate forum to ask, discuss, and answer tech related questions regarding MyG37 intake and exhaust.

Review My New Injen SRI

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2009, 04:47 PM
Gamedog
Sam Rothstein

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by wakeboardr116
Mine is comming in this Tuesday. I'm gonna try and get some b/a dyno's done, if the rates at the shop aren't too high. About whats the average price to get some dyno's done? I was thinking i'd do 3 before to get a baseline then put the intake on reset the ECU drive around a bit then do 3 after to see what the intake puts down.
Rate should be anywhere between $50-$70 for 3 pulls. Oh and theres no need to reset the ECU. It's best to dyno mods within an hour of eachother to prevent any variance in conditions.
Old 05-16-2009, 04:48 PM
wakeboardr116

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by TreSe7en
^mine also comes in around tuesday also(Takeda SRI), you'd think they give us a discount if we both went ? that way we can compare also!
Hmm... I dunno. I'm gonna call a few shops on monday when I get back in town and ask them about dyno's and rates etc. I'll mention there might be two of us and see what they say.
Old 05-16-2009, 04:50 PM
wakeboardr116

Originally Posted by Gamedog
Rate should be anywhere between $50-$70 for 3 pulls. Oh and theres no need to reset the ECU. It's best to dyno mods within an hour of eachother to prevent any variance in conditions.
Alright, thats not too bad. So run them right after each other back to back? I thought it takes the ECU some time to re-learn with the new intake? If you did them back to back before it adjusts then wouldnt the numbers and results be different later on after the ECU adjusts to the changes?
Old 05-16-2009, 05:02 PM
TreSe7en
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
^ Yeah, thats I thought...
Old 05-16-2009, 06:22 PM
ucla bruin

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Alright, thats not too bad. So run them right after each other back to back? I thought it takes the ECU some time to re-learn with the new intake? If you did them back to back before it adjusts then wouldnt the numbers and results be different later on after the ECU adjusts to the changes?
Originally Posted by TreSe7en
^ Yeah, thats I thought...
I don't know about the SRI but for the CAI, the A/F ratio is kept very close to factory spec, that's why you don't need to reset the ECU to 0.
Old 05-16-2009, 06:36 PM
KnoxvilleG37

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Just emailed a new local shop that does tuning/dynos/etc. He told me that it's 100/hr to rent the dyno. He said we could do a baseline run, throw on the Injens, and then do another run. He also offers tuning with the Cobb AP. But at this point he says that a tune isn't necessarily needed with intakes alone. Sounds like a really nice guy, so we'll see. I might just get a dyno sheet posted up on here after all.
Old 05-16-2009, 11:45 PM
saltfish

i'm staying tuned for the results
Old 05-18-2009, 05:14 PM
dannbla
LA G Club

Hey Knoxville, so how does the ride feel so far
since going back to stock
anything?
Old 05-18-2009, 05:54 PM
gthal

I removed my Injen's today as I am trading my car for a 6MT and will put them in the new G. I drove around this afternoon with the stock intakes for a while and didn't notice any change in power. I did notice that it was quieter for sure!!

If there are power gains, they are very small and only there at high RPMs. If there is a loss in torque, I haven't been able to notice it.
Old 05-18-2009, 09:08 PM
wakeboardr116

Called a shop this afternoon and asked them about dynos and they said it is 35 bucks for the first run and 20 for each additional run. Depending if my intakes get in early enough tomorrow i'm gonna try to make it down there and get some dyno numbers.
Old 05-18-2009, 11:57 PM
KnoxvilleG37

Called a shop this afternoon and asked them about dynos and they said it is 35 bucks for the first run and 20 for each additional run. Depending if my intakes get in early enough tomorrow i'm gonna try to make it down there and get some dyno numbers.
Dude, PLEASE do this if you can! That would be awesome. I'll be honest, I kinda miss not having the Injen's on my car. My car is quieter that's for sure (at least once I hit 6K rpm).....I do think my car has picked up some more torque since putting the stock air boxes back in.....I'm still on the fence. I'm putting the Injens back in this weekend for my final decision. Hopefully wakeboardr can get some Dyno pulls done and prove my theory dead in the water.
Old 05-19-2009, 12:00 AM
sTiLLBaLLiN37
Former Prez of LA G'Z

Received 24 Likes on 3 Posts
Don't let #'s be the deciding factor, if you feel gains and you know it makes a difference according to your driving then keep it. If your having a hard time determining if you picked up a few ponies then your better off staying stock.
Old 05-19-2009, 12:08 AM
KnoxvilleG37

Originally Posted by sTiLLBaLLiN37
Don't let #'s be the deciding factor, if you feel gains and you know it makes a difference according to your driving then keep it. If your having a hard time determining if you picked up a few ponies then your better off staying stock.
You're absolutely right man. I'm gonna give the Injens another chance and NOT reset the ECU this go around.....then we'll see what happens. But I'm not changing them back out til this weekend, plus I'll be installing my GT Spec strut bar at the same time.
Old 05-19-2009, 12:11 AM
sTiLLBaLLiN37
Former Prez of LA G'Z

Received 24 Likes on 3 Posts
Hope all goes well dude. The #'s are gonna be gains, but where on the curve is it gaining? Most of the time with intakes it's up top. The low-end to mid range power is very min. Either way, keep us updated, I am curious to see what the butt dyno says

Last edited by sTiLLBaLLiN37; 05-19-2009 at 12:40 AM.
Old 05-19-2009, 12:12 AM
ucla bruin

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
^The intake guru has spoken.

Quick Reply: Review My New Injen SRI