Intake and Exhaust The ultimate forum to ask, discuss, and answer tech related questions regarding MyG37 intake and exhaust.

Review My New Injen SRI

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2009, 11:07 PM
KnoxvilleG37

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by BooSa37
Im glad to hear that at least some of us are happy with the SRI, in my case im 50/50 I like the way they look and how easy they were to install however, i think i expected more from these intakes. Dont get me wrong the sound is there at high RPM's but still im not 100% happy just for the record i have Tanabe's on before i installed the intakes and honestly the difference is very minimal compared to stock, so im going to back to stock for those of you that are interested in these i have a set for sale only 3 days old just shot me a PM if interested. Again the Intakes are great but it wasnt what i expected but oh well cant expect much from SRI's.
Question, what other intakes are out there besides stillen 3g and Injen CAI?
Can I ask what exactly about them you don't like? I'm just curious.
Old 05-14-2009, 11:10 PM
BooSa37

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Like I said the difference (for me) between stock n the intake is similar, I have my tanabe's before I installed the intakes and the sound didnt changed much. Idk is probably in my head who know, but i just the Status Elite Velocity damnnnn i like those but sooo damn expensive..
Old 05-14-2009, 11:15 PM
KnoxvilleG37

Like I said the difference (for me) between stock n the intake is similar, I have my tanabe's before I installed the intakes and the sound didnt changed much. Idk is probably in my head who know, but i just the Status Elite Velocity damnnnn i like those but sooo damn expensive..
Did you notice any performance issues? Or are you just disappointed solely on sound that they did/didn't produce?
Old 05-14-2009, 11:17 PM
BooSa37

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Performance issues none car feels the same as before. im disappointed mostly because of the sound they didn't produce. Stock and my tanabe's are more than enough for me.
Old 05-14-2009, 11:30 PM
KnoxvilleG37

Performance issues none car feels the same as before. im disappointed mostly because of the sound they didn't produce. Stock and my tanabe's are more than enough for me.
I understand man! It's cool. Make sure you post up an ad in the classifieds/for sale thread on here so you get a few more potential buyers!
Old 05-16-2009, 01:13 AM
KnoxvilleG37

UPDATE: So I've had the Injen's on for about a week.....and I'm not sure if I've let all of these "mods = power loss" threads get to my head or what, but I've thought more and more that I've lost some low end torque (which some of you on here said would happen). Others have said that they've noticed nothing and even feel their G is stronger. SO, what I've done is temporarily put the stock air boxes back in and will run them for 1-2 weeks and see if my ECU reverts back to stock levels. Then I'll re-install the Injens to see if there's a true difference. I'm going to pay attention each day.....I want to be honest about my review. Stay tuned.
Old 05-16-2009, 01:38 AM
dannbla
LA G Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by KnoxvilleG37
UPDATE: So I've had the Injen's on for about a week.....and I'm not sure if I've let all of these "mods = power loss" threads get to my head or what, but I've thought more and more that I've lost some low end torque (which some of you on here said would happen). Others have said that they've noticed nothing and even feel their G is stronger. SO, what I've done is temporarily put the stock air boxes back in and will run them for 1-2 weeks and see if my ECU reverts back to stock levels. Then I'll re-install the Injens to see if there's a true difference. I'm going to pay attention each day.....I want to be honest about my review. Stay tuned.

I'm staying tuned
Old 05-16-2009, 07:11 AM
gthal

Originally Posted by KnoxvilleG37
I have not noticed this in mine yet and I have to say I drive it pretty hard. I haven't noticed an increase either... pretty neutral under 5k rpm. Keep us up to date on your thoughts with the stockies back in.

I also find that I don't notice the sound as much now... getting use to it as I hear it SOOOO much
Old 05-16-2009, 11:42 AM
KnoxvilleG37

Originally Posted by gthal
I have not noticed this in mine yet and I have to say I drive it pretty hard. I haven't noticed an increase either... pretty neutral under 5k rpm. Keep us up to date on your thoughts with the stockies back in.

I also find that I don't notice the sound as much now... getting use to it as I hear it SOOOO much
LOL...well honestly, I think it's all in my head. I do too much damn reading on here and those threads that keep saying how much power you're going to lose on the low end has gotten to me. I'll definitely put the intakes back in if I don't notice a big difference which I'm doubting I will. I have this stupid habit of second guessing all of my decisions. Ha Ha.
Old 05-16-2009, 02:03 PM
Wes_888

subscribed to hear your final results!
Old 05-16-2009, 02:10 PM
TJHG37S

Butt dyno is unreliable, do some real dyno-ing....UCLA Bruin got great results from the CAI so if the SRI is only supposed to be minimally less in terms of HP I imagine there's something to be gained..
Old 05-16-2009, 02:17 PM
sTiLLBaLLiN37
Former Prez of LA G'Z

Received 24 Likes on 3 Posts
Man, does anyone read anymore? If you want some TQ get some exhaust components like HFC/test pipes, Cat-back exhaust. Intakes are NOT going to give you the TQ you guys are desperately seeking. You will get that TQ back if you get a tune.
Old 05-16-2009, 03:13 PM
KnoxvilleG37

Originally Posted by TJHG37S
Butt dyno is unreliable, do some real dyno-ing....UCLA Bruin got great results from the CAI so if the SRI is only supposed to be minimally less in terms of HP I imagine there's something to be gained..
Yeah my local car group has dyno days so I'm gonna try and see if there's one coming up soon, if not where I can take my G locally to run it on the dyno with/without the SRI. I think that's the only true way to prove it.
Old 05-16-2009, 04:24 PM
wakeboardr116

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts
Mine is comming in this Tuesday. I'm gonna try and get some b/a dyno's done, if the rates at the shop aren't too high. About whats the average price to get some dyno's done? I was thinking i'd do 3 before to get a baseline then put the intake on reset the ECU drive around a bit then do 3 after to see what the intake puts down.
Old 05-16-2009, 04:28 PM
TreSe7en
Registered Member

^mine also comes in around tuesday also(Takeda SRI), you'd think they give us a discount if we both went ? that way we can compare also!

Quick Reply: Review My New Injen SRI