Intake and Exhaust The ultimate forum to ask, discuss, and answer tech related questions regarding MyG37 intake and exhaust.

injen SRI vs injen CAI

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2009, 12:31 PM
dahamsta7
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
injen SRI vs injen CAI

so im thiiiiiiis close to getting either the injen sri or injen cai. ive been looking through the threads on pros and cons of each, but not sure how they stack against each other. im more interested in a nice sound vs hp gains. what do yall think?
Old 05-07-2009, 12:33 PM
finagle69

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
i had the fujita then JWT then Injen CAI. the Injen CAI is my favorite sounding of the bunch. plus it actually has a bit of grunt in the upper rpms
Old 05-07-2009, 12:52 PM
VossenG37S

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts
i had aem dual 0n 07 z jwt on g37 now injen sri. I vote injen sr because of the ease of installation, and dyno graphs shown as well as sound and performance it gave. very simple upgrade and very well designed imo. injen cai and stillen are to much of a hedache to install and did not want to remove washer fluid or take off bumper... injen SRI gets my vote. and non oiled filters
Old 05-07-2009, 12:55 PM
KnoxvilleG37

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by BlkHR37S
i had aem dual 0n 07 z jwt on g37 now injen sri. I vote injen sr because of the ease of installation, and dyno graphs shown as well as sound and performance it gave. very simple upgrade and very well designed imo. injen cai and stillen are to much of a hedache to install and did not want to remove washer fluid or take off bumper... injen SRI gets my vote. and non oiled filters
+100!!! These are the EXACT reasons I bought my Injen SRIs that are getting delivered tomorrow!! Plus the filters are Amsoil Ea Nanofiber filters which are about as good as non-oiled filters get.
Old 05-07-2009, 01:05 PM
myk1013

Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts
The Injen CAI, from what I've heard is a PITA to install. The SRI very easy. CAI has more HP increase than SRI as stated by dyno posts. But then again, dyno claims are so subjective nowadays. Our cars also react differently to these mods.

I went with SRI for the ease of installation, looks and sounds. I like seeing those blue dual intakes when I pop my hood up.

My opinion is, if you're expecting hp performance gains, then you may want to go CAI, if not then stick to SRI.
Old 05-07-2009, 01:15 PM
oOmikeyboy
Florida G35 Club, Premier Member

I only have experience with the injen CAI, but honestly man you can't go wrong with either. If you want to do it yourself, but afraid to take off your bumper then get the SRI. I have no problem with a little more difficult installation, so CAI was for me.
Old 05-07-2009, 01:46 PM
IcebergG

What are the differences in HP increase between the two?