Intake and Exhaust The ultimate forum to ask, discuss, and answer tech related questions regarding MyG37 intake and exhaust.

Intakes less response???

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2009, 10:56 PM
wakeboardr116

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts
Good to hear! I bet your right with the ECU. Now that you've but a few miles on with the intake it has probably adapted to it properly and is reading alot better.
Old 05-07-2009, 11:05 PM
dannbla
LA G Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Formula1
Guys, today I gave he car a good run. I must say something funny happened, the car actually responded a lot better today I don't know if the ECU finally adapted it self to the increase in the air flow or was it the weather conditions. In manual mode the shifting was actually better, smoother and more torque, from second to third it actually kick pretty hard. In DS mode the car responded very aggressive in up-shift, but also in down-shift specially into second. This part is not so pleasant since the down shift is hard and it is felt, but I guess that is expected. In normal D, it depends on how you play with the gas pedal, it has to be in the right position for the car to take of aggressively. The down side is that once the car is rolling, the car seems to get very docile and to get the car to down shift, you might have to pretty much floor it, for the G to recognize that you want the lower gear. But to avoid this, the car has the other two modes right. I'll keep testing the car some more and see what else I notice.

yeah definitly good to hear because I'm real close to pulling the trigger on these
Old 05-07-2009, 11:11 PM
sTiLLBaLLiN37
Former Prez of LA G'Z

Received 24 Likes on 3 Posts
Very good to hear. Same exact thing happened to me when I had the Fujitas, JWT, Stillen 3G and now the Injen CAI. First day or two, it was really sluggish, I found myself mashing the pedal to push the car. But after a couple of days, damn it pulls nicely. Especially in higher RPMs, WOW!
Old 05-07-2009, 11:52 PM
G_Thang

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
[quote=SilverRSXJezus;2622089]When the o2 sensor is running on open loop (wide open throttle) the ecu will be using preset fuel maps, so you will have more air coming in for a fixed amount of fuel.

Not in MAF systems. That statement would be true if these cars were speed density based, but thats one of the reason engineers moved from s.d. formula. The loss in power is due to the loss of acoustic resonance tuning. When you change the length or diamater you change the dynamics of the acoustic response in the intake tracts. The same is true on the other side of the cylinder. When you change exhausts you change the acoustic response and therefore can see losses due to increased "pumping loss"..ie. the cylinders abiliy to fully scavenge all of the exhaust gases during the exhaust cycle.
Old 05-08-2009, 12:03 AM
KnoxvilleG37

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by dannbla
yeah definitly good to hear because I'm real close to pulling the trigger on these

Already pulled the trigger...they'll be here today (5/8/09)!!!!! I'm freakin excited.
Old 05-08-2009, 12:51 AM
SilverRSXJezus

[QUOTE=G_Thang;2624717]
Originally Posted by SilverRSXJezus
When the o2 sensor is running on open loop (wide open throttle) the ecu will be using preset fuel maps, so you will have more air coming in for a fixed amount of fuel.

Not in MAF systems. That statement would be true if these cars were speed density based, but thats one of the reason engineers moved from s.d. formula. The loss in power is due to the loss of acoustic resonance tuning. When you change the length or diamater you change the dynamics of the acoustic response in the intake tracts. The same is true on the other side of the cylinder. When you change exhausts you change the acoustic response and therefore can see losses due to increased "pumping loss"..ie. the cylinders abiliy to fully scavenge all of the exhaust gases during the exhaust cycle.

It depends on the MAF system. The hot wire MAF does respond to changes in air density...I am not sure what the G37 uses, though.
Old 05-08-2009, 01:20 AM
dannbla
LA G Club

Originally Posted by KnoxvilleG37
Already pulled the trigger...they'll be here today (5/8/09)!!!!! I'm freakin excited.
yeah I know I been trying to follow your progress
post vids
Old 05-08-2009, 01:24 AM
KnoxvilleG37

yeah I know I been trying to follow your progress
post vids
I'll do my best bro definitely. Got family coming to visit this weekend, but Sunday afternoon is gonna definitely be "car time". I'll probably do before/after vid of OEM vs. Injen SRI to see if there's a sound difference, also an in-cabin comparison.
Old 05-08-2009, 01:28 AM
dannbla
LA G Club

I'll do my best bro definitely. Got family coming to visit this weekend, but Sunday afternoon is gonna definitely be "car time". I'll probably do before/after vid of OEM vs. Injen SRI to see if there's a sound difference, also an in-cabin comparison.
that would be great
thanks
and post your honest opinion about them
if they really do make a difference when driving etc.......
Old 05-08-2009, 01:29 AM
KnoxvilleG37

that would be great
thanks
and post your honest opinion about them
if they really do make a difference when driving etc.......

Sure will man!
Old 05-08-2009, 01:40 AM
TJHG37S

Sorry to thread jack: I keep reading about "Pulling the trigger" and all I can think about is how in college that meant sticking your finger down your throat to puke and rally..

carry on..

Old 05-08-2009, 01:52 AM
dannbla
LA G Club

Originally Posted by TJHG37S
Sorry to thread jack: I keep reading about "Pulling the trigger" and all I can think about is how in college that meant sticking your finger down your throat to puke and rally..

carry on..
uhm ok
hey since your in L.A. check out the upcoming events page
I'm trying to set up a Sunset Blvd meet
so check it out

ok back to the subject
Old 05-08-2009, 10:02 AM
KnoxvilleG37

Originally Posted by TJHG37S

carry on..

LOL! That was completely random. Haven't heard it called "pulling the trigger", but I have heard "puke & rally". Thankfully my drinking days are pretty much behind me. I work too much now to be hungover.
Old 05-08-2009, 02:18 PM
TJHG37S

I went to a party school (Arizona) and that was the popular phrase and used quite often...

+1 on the drinking days behind me, I just can't "pull the trigger" like I used to..
Old 05-08-2009, 02:33 PM
KnoxvilleG37

Update: UPS guy just delivered my Injens!!! Everything looks great in the box. DAMN the air filters are huge! This is gonna be a fun install job. Thanks to Lou over at Amp'd for the great deal. Install planned for the weekend.

Quick Reply: Intakes less response???