Intake and Exhaust The ultimate forum to ask, discuss, and answer tech related questions regarding MyG37 intake and exhaust.

Fujitsubo exhaust opinions/suggestions

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2009, 11:36 AM
intricate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
To answer your concerns,

The inlet sizes, I witnessed the install myself, the bolts lined up perfectly, as far as I can tell, there wasn't any problems at all when we put it on. It took about 5 minutes. If this answer wasn't adequate enough I'll get my friend who installed it to give you a more detailed description.

I have sound clips posted for quite awhile now if you still doubt the sound.
Old 05-12-2009, 06:09 PM
greatoz

thanks for the response - i was curious as to how it mated up. if you say it was perfect, then it's perfect and it's the answer i was hoping for.

i've seen/heard the clips you posted, but asked again because you mentioned that you'd installed the Ichiba Y-pipe after you recorded the clips, and my current concern was how the Y-pipe affected things like rasp, drone, etc.

if you have newer clips, post-Y-pipe install, i'd really appreciate a link. if not, commentary on the effects of the Ichiba are much appreciated.

my minds made up on the Fujitsubo, trying to figure out what to do about a Y-pipe and potentially do two things at once.

Last edited by greatoz; 05-12-2009 at 08:34 PM.
Old 05-12-2009, 09:31 PM
jjyellow

Im the guy who installed the y-pipe for intricate on his car and everything bolted up and matched perfectly with no problems. As for sound the ypipe made the tone a bit deeper. Sounds almost like a g35 coupe exhaust but just a lil deeper. There is no rasp whatsoeva and no drone. IMO this is what the g37 shoulda sounded like stock. Just the other day intricate was heading to my house and I heard his car coming around the corner and thought that sheit sounded sexy as hell(low speed drive too).
As for the response as to why not too many people are rocking this exhaust is b/c a lot of them couldnt justify the cost for just the exhaust behind the y-pipe.

We'll try to get some more clips up soon!!

Originally Posted by greatoz
thanks for the response - i was curious as to how it mated up. if you say it was perfect, then it's perfect and it's the answer i was hoping for.

i've seen/heard the clips you posted, but asked again because you mentioned that you'd installed the Ichiba Y-pipe after you recorded the clips, and my current concern was how the Y-pipe affected things like rasp, drone, etc.

if you have newer clips, post-Y-pipe install, i'd really appreciate a link. if not, commentary on the effects of the Ichiba are much appreciated.

my minds made up on the Fujitsubo, trying to figure out what to do about a Y-pipe and potentially do two things at once.
Old 05-12-2009, 10:03 PM
greatoz

dang good info

this is exactly the sort of input that i need/wanted to make an informed choice.

one last question before i stand by for the updated clips - what has the Y-pipe and the Fujitsubo done for power? not many guys'll actually put their car on a dyno because someone on the internet asks, but if you HAVE, well.

and if not, intricate, what's the seat of your pants tellin' yah?

thanks again...
Old 05-13-2009, 12:47 AM
Hpauto
Banned

Originally Posted by thejumpoff
Ok, I think I may be going with the fuji! Unless another subtle exhaust comes out soon that makes me change my mind, but as of right now I'm leaning towards fuji.
Just to shed some light, there will never be a exhaust on the market that will ever have the sound as the Fuji does. They use a very special type of wool packing in their mufflers which suppresses the sound A LOT while not losing power. All other exhausts are over 94 dbs, which is still quiet but the Fuji is just at 87 dbs.
Old 05-13-2009, 12:51 AM
KnoxvilleG37

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Hpauto
Just to shed some light, there will never be a exhaust on the market that will ever have the sound as the Fuji does. They use a very special type of wool packing in their mufflers which suppresses the sound A LOT while not losing power. All other exhausts are over 94 dbs, which is still quiet but the Fuji is just at 87 dbs.

Just curious, what's the OEM exhaust decibel rating? I still think the Fuji sounds awesome....that would probably be my top choice exhaust.
Old 05-13-2009, 12:54 AM
Hpauto
Banned

Originally Posted by KnoxvilleG37
Just curious, what's the OEM exhaust decibel rating? I still think the Fuji sounds awesome....that would probably be my top choice exhaust.
85 dbs, so getting a high performance exhaust while just increasing 2 dbs.....thats just insane.
Old 05-13-2009, 01:00 AM
KnoxvilleG37

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Hpauto
85 dbs, so getting a high performance exhaust while just increasing 2 dbs.....thats just insane.
See, I KNEW I wasn't insane thinking that thing sounded good. Damn it....I guess I need to start saving up.
Old 05-13-2009, 02:14 AM
B L U E S L A T E
Registered Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Definitely cannot go wrong with Fujitsubo exhausts.
Old 05-13-2009, 12:00 PM
Ivoidwarranties
Premier Member

Received 28 Likes on 14 Posts
Anyone do the Fujitsubo exhaust and something like the Exhaust Depot y-pipe? If I remember correctly, the Exhaust Depot y-pipe has a 2.5" outlet and not a 3". That's the combo I'd like to hear.
Old 05-13-2009, 12:30 PM
vinnys coupe

I believe only one person bought it, or at least one active member bought it. He did apply a way pip, check the first page. I believe its ichiba thou.

I wonder how this exhaust sounds with HFC. Can we have more sound clips?

Andy, what does this exhaust put up on the dyno?
Old 05-13-2009, 01:52 PM
intricate

Me and JJyellow will try to get soundclips and dynos posted by the end of the weekend pending personal matters I need to take care of first. Will keep you posted
Old 05-13-2009, 02:19 PM
Hpauto
Banned

Originally Posted by vinnys coupe
I believe only one person bought it, or at least one active member bought it. He did apply a way pip, check the first page. I believe its ichiba thou.

I wonder how this exhaust sounds with HFC. Can we have more sound clips?

Andy, what does this exhaust put up on the dyno?
Let me contact them to see if they have dyno #s
Old 05-13-2009, 06:07 PM
greatoz

sounds good to me

Originally Posted by intricate
Me and JJyellow will try to get soundclips and dynos posted by the end of the weekend pending personal matters I need to take care of first. Will keep you posted
i'm definitely looking forward to it!
Old 05-17-2009, 02:20 PM
TomG37

Bump, any sound clips?

Quick Reply: Fujitsubo exhaust opinions/suggestions