Intake and Exhaust The ultimate forum to ask, discuss, and answer tech related questions regarding MyG37 intake and exhaust.

Status Elite $799 Intake Silver 01/22

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2009, 09:44 AM
DrJones

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Status Elite $799 Intake Silver 01/22

Considering I am pretty unsatisfied about this I am going to exercise my 1st amendment right to free speech.

At this point I have reached out to Kevin at Status Elite and Lou at Amplified Motorsports regarding the $799 Silver Status Elite Intake 01/22 that I recently purchased. I did this approximately 13 hours ago. I have had no response as of the creation of this thread. I am only asking to be able to return this system for a full refund of the purchase price.

Here are my issues:

On a side note: No installation instructions were sent with this system. That concerns me because if you take the time to R&D something most reputible businesses send installation instructions with their product or at least post them somewhere to be found on the board(s).

Where is the Quality Control? How could something like this happen on something that cost $799. One would think that with a limited production run of only 22 this kind of problem would not occur or at the very least someone would have inspected it for fitment before leaving the fabrication shop. Just how much R&D was put into this thing?

I decided to make this issue public in hopes that it will quickly be resolved. Key word: Reputation.
Old 05-03-2009, 10:13 AM
SOLISIMO

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I never understood why a piece of plastic and filter cost $800 But if you advertise and make this intake to look like god people will pay for anything. You cannot tell me that there was alot of research and testing that went into this.

If you are charging $800 atleast make it look like $800 not the $40 it took them to make it.
Old 05-03-2009, 10:13 AM
VossenG37S

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts
Why does this cost $$$$ 800 ??? Looks like jwt filters with longer tubes . Anyway sorry to hear that deffinetely more than enough reasons to return. As for my opponion and coming from aem dual intakes on my 07z and jwt on the 37 wich had fitment issues I now have injen Sri and they fit perfect look awesome very well designed non oiled filters and noticable increase in hp. Was very surprised with the feel with new intakes . My advice return these buy some injens save $$$500 dollars and put that money toward something else or save it.
Old 05-03-2009, 10:14 AM
SOLISIMO

BTW Im glad you spoke your mind bc there are alot of nutswingers on here that defend the $800 intake :joke:
Old 05-03-2009, 10:27 AM
wakeboardr116

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by BlkHR37S
Why does this cost $$$$ 800 ??? Looks like jwt filters with longer tubes . Anyway sorry to hear that deffinetely more than enough reasons to return. As for my opponion and coming from aem dual intakes on my 07z and jwt on the 37 wich had fitment issues I now have injen Sri and they fit perfect look awesome very well designed non oiled filters and noticable increase in hp. Was very surprised with the feel with new intakes . My advice return these buy some injens save $$$500 dollars and put that money toward something else or save it.
You have any pics or reviews on your injen? Im interested in getting it but would like to here a few more peoples opinions on it.
Old 05-03-2009, 10:31 AM
Lou@Amplified
Banned

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Daniel,

I've just sent you a PM before i saw this post. We were closed yesterday due to a car show we were attending and as i explained on my PM, if your unhappy with your purchase, i'm more than willing to give you a full refund due to problems/issues of the product.

I will try to reach STATUS ELITE today to resolve this problem with them but your refund is safe, you will receive them once we get the items back at the shop. I do apologize for the inconvience and Hopefully this will get resolved quickly.

You have every right to speak your mind if your unhappy with the purchase and i completely understand. I will make sure Status Elite chimes in with the problems with the product so they can improve and avoid future issue with any products they have. Thats my responsibilty as a distributor. As for the one that we got and installed, everything was fine with the intake.

Pm me if you have any other questions

thanks
Lou
Old 05-03-2009, 10:45 AM
SOLISIMO

Lou I dont think its really you that hes upset with, you have a great rep here and you did post yesterday in the diffuser thread that you were gonna be at a show. It has more to do with SE....
Old 05-03-2009, 10:48 AM
jarborn1

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I am so glad this finally came out, was only a matter of time...

$800 limited production intakes... a joke.

So not only is a a SRI without heat shields, but its 3x more expensive then any other SRI and it doesnt function properly..

Unreal, what happend to "We have decided that such craftsmanship should be recognized amongst the G37 community. Wether it be today or ten years from now, this intake will hold its position as a unique, high quality, well designed, and most importantly LIMITED PRODUCTION."

Was the limited production because you only wanted a certain amount of people seeing such craftsmanship??

Or this..."The production from start to finish including prepping metal and welding takes too long for us to produce. 22 intakes is suffice for what our goals are. We will only manufacture good products. Those lucky members who pick up these intakes will be one of twenty-two to experience a very functional intake designed to be the highest quality intake for the G37. Which has been SUCCESSFUL. We are the only ones with the most welds, least amount of couplers, largest filters, velocity stacks, powder coated, limited quantity, serial number badged. Nuff Said"

OR... "Ours is one piece T6061 aluminum tubing design with clean welds to make it more baller. Which we could have cut cost by throwing on some more couplers or even subsituting our heat expanded center pipe section's step down and step up with coupler reducers. Quality is what we are about right? Expect that."

Just blowing smoke, like i said in other posts i have no clue where SE gets off charging so much for a limited production product and trying to jump right into the ring with the most well know and more importantly well established companies..

"NO Comparing our intakes to JWT's! Thats not allowed! You can only compare us to HKS, ARC, Mines, Top Secret! Oh wait, they currently aren't available yet dOH"

Last edited by jarborn1; 05-03-2009 at 10:57 AM.
Old 05-03-2009, 10:54 AM
Lou@Amplified
Banned

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by SOLISIMO
Lou I dont think its really you that hes upset with, you have a great rep here and you did post yesterday in the diffuser thread that you were gonna be at a show. It has more to do with SE....
I know but i wanted to re assure DRJONES that everything in my power will be done to rectify problem because I don't like it at all when my customers are unhappy. Also, not to defend the guys at STATUS ELITE but they were actually at the show with us yesterday so im sure they didn't access nor respond to any PM'S until they get back to North California until tonight or Monday.

I still believe in SE's dry carbon products and thats why i want to make sure nothing like this happens again.
Old 05-03-2009, 11:02 AM
SOLISIMO

Originally Posted by jarborn1
I am so glad this finally came out, was only a matter of time...

$800 limited production intakes... a joke.

So not only is a a SRI without heat shields, but its 3x more expensive then any other SRI and it doesnt function properly..

Unreal, what happend to "We have decided that such craftsmanship should be recognized amongst the G37 community. Wether it be today or ten years from now, this intake will hold its position as a unique, high quality, well designed, and most importantly LIMITED PRODUCTION."

Was the limited production because you only wanted a certain amount of people seeing such craftsmanship??

Or this..."The production from start to finish including prepping metal and welding takes too long for us to produce. 22 intakes is suffice for what our goals are. We will only manufacture good products. Those lucky members who pick up these intakes will be one of twenty-two to experience a very functional intake designed to be the highest quality intake for the G37. Which has been SUCCESSFUL. We are the only ones with the most welds, least amount of couplers, largest filters, velocity stacks, powder coated, limited quantity, serial number badged. Nuff Said"

OR... "Ours is one piece T6061 aluminum tubing design with clean welds to make it more baller. Which we could have cut cost by throwing on some more couplers or even subsituting our heat expanded center pipe section's step down and step up with coupler reducers. Quality is what we are about right? Expect that."

Just blowing smoke, like i said in other posts i have no clue where SE gets off charging so much for a limited production product and trying to jump right into the ring with the most well know and more importantly well established companies..

"NO Comparing our intakes to JWT's! Thats not allowed! You can only compare us to HKS, ARC, Mines, Top Secret! Oh wait, they currently aren't available yet dOH"
Its simple: I can buy an ebay exhaust. Fluff the product up, serialize it and number it. THen put a hafty price tag on it and nutswingers who believe that paying the most for something means its the best
Old 05-03-2009, 11:14 AM
WhosUrBuddiee
Banned

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
I never understood an uber expensive SRI with no heat shields and generic filters, from a company that has no real engineering experience or knowledge.

Companies like Injen, Top Secret, Arc, JWT ect have teams of engineers to research products and perfect them. All SE did was copy the JWT intake, try to make it look prettier, and triple the price.

They really should stick to their cf products. They do that very well.
Leave the design and engineering to professionals.
Old 05-03-2009, 11:15 AM
jarborn1

^^^ +1 I dont get it.. Just because it's expensive, clearly as is evident by this intake does not mean it is a better or higher quality item..

But props to SE for fluffing up the intake so hard that people went and bought them, good marketing strategy..

I dont want to sound like i am bashing SE for their products because i do think that they make decent (carbon fiber) products, i just think their "high horse" attitude right out of the gate is a little pompus... They (IMO) should have made a full run of intakes at a reasonable price (similiar to other SRI's) and let people judge their quality...Thus building their reputation

Once its established like ARC, MINES etc.. Then you can charge $800 for limited production intakes..

All my opinion and not being a hater, just dont think that $$ = Quality..
Old 05-03-2009, 11:17 AM
DrJones

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Lou@Amplified
Daniel,

I've just sent you a PM before i saw this post. We were closed yesterday due to a car show we were attending and as i explained on my PM, if your unhappy with your purchase, i'm more than willing to give you a full refund due to problems/issues of the product.

I will try to reach STATUS ELITE today to resolve this problem with them but your refund is safe, you will receive them once we get the items back at the shop. I do apologize for the inconvience and Hopefully this will get resolved quickly.

You have every right to speak your mind if your unhappy with the purchase and i completely understand. I will make sure Status Elite chimes in with the problems with the product so they can improve and avoid future issue with any products they have. Thats my responsibilty as a distributor. As for the one that we got and installed, everything was fine with the intake.

Pm me if you have any other questions

thanks
Lou

Lou,

I appreciate your quick response to my post. I will PM you.
Old 05-03-2009, 11:34 AM
myk1013

Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts
wow, thanks for sharing your dissatisfaction DrJones. I thought about buying these intakes, but came to my senses; and my senses told me that $800 is unjustifiable for these SRI's. I wonder what SE's response is.
Old 05-03-2009, 11:39 AM
jarborn1

^^^ Hopefully it is that they will continue to make quality products but instead of their skewed view of what "reasonable" means... Actually start charging reasonable prices..

Quick Reply: Status Elite $799 Intake Silver 01/22