Intake and Exhaust The ultimate forum to ask, discuss, and answer tech related questions regarding MyG37 intake and exhaust.

Status Elite $799 Intake Silver 01/22

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2009, 11:05 PM
yacoub

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
he say he no speaky vietnamese or thai or whatever
Old 05-03-2009, 11:08 PM
xlack
Registered Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by SilverRSXJezus
Vendors? Was that intended to be plural, because it seems like we're only picking on Status Elite here.

I don't think you understand how this works.

When one tries to skip the step of establishing their name from ground up, such as what Status Elite did here by skipping the low end competition like Injen and the like, they canNOT have any mishaps, however unlucky or unfortunate it may be, as that will be completely detrimental to their intent on sailing their way up to the likes of HKS, Top Secret, etc.

Point is, put your money where your mouth is. If Dr. Jones purchased a Status Elite Intake, he was purchasing it under the impression that he would get a product that would be valued to be of an $800 quality intake. Unless we live in different worlds of definitions, it would appear as if the intake he received is in fact of lower quality than a comparable Injen intake that costs what, half as much, if even?

I'm not putting words into Status Elite's mouth since they were the ones solely claiming that the point of their product is nothing BUT quality. And clearly this example of not even a MASS PRODUCED product but a LIMITED RUN, LIMITED EDITION OF 22 INTAKES, 1 out of the 22 has already basically failed its purpose.

1/22? That's nearly 5%! With that margin of bad quality for a LIMITED RUN product, I can't even fathom how much lower it would be with a mass product version.
I'm just talking in general. I'm Not even refering to SE. If a company or vendor screws up whether it is unacceptable or not, they should be able to defend themselves and rectify the problem to their best ability. Product quality is one thing but Customer service is another.. Heck, I can't justify myself paying $800 bucks for ANY intakes but I think you guys are a little too harsh to jump to conclusions.

Now I understand where the frustrations are coming from.. to have defects on a limited run which is totally unacceptable to anyone. This is the FAIL on SE part. But if they will/can stand behind their mistakes (which shouldn't occur on a regular basis), then they should be given a second chance.

And lastly, if 'people' cant afford OR justify spending $800 on an intake, don't bitch about it. I, myself can't justify spending $800 on it either but you know there are people out there who can. That's the whole reason why there are diamond studded ipods and iphones.
Old 05-03-2009, 11:42 PM
SilverRSXJezus

Originally Posted by xlack
I'm just talking in general. I'm Not even refering to SE. If a company or vendor screws up whether it is unacceptable or not, they should be able to defend themselves and rectify the problem to their best ability. Product quality is one thing but Customer service is another.. Heck, I can't justify myself paying $800 bucks for ANY intakes but I think you guys are a little too harsh to jump to conclusions.

Now I understand where the frustrations are coming from.. to have defects on a limited run which is totally unacceptable to anyone. This is the FAIL on SE part. But if they will/can stand behind their mistakes (which shouldn't occur on a regular basis), then they should be given a second chance.

And lastly, if 'people' cant afford OR justify spending $800 on an intake, don't bitch about it. I, myself can't justify spending $800 on it either but you know there are people out there who can. That's the whole reason why there are diamond studded ipods and iphones.

I have no beef with Status Elite's ability to conduct customer service, and I'm willing to bet that they will take care of things in a reasonable and professional manner. That's not my dispute.

My dispute is with their quality claim. All along their marketing/campaigning for this intake, the focus has been directed and/or diverted from issues like bang for buck, maximum dyno gain, issues of competition from similar products, and the like to their quality. It was their sole justification for their product as a whole, and if they couldn't even deliver on that aspect, then it's a lost case. That's the point I've been trying to get across.

If they had not been emphasizing so much on this idea of "quality for your money" and "you get what you paid for" mentality, this wouldn't be such a big deal to me. But since quality is their mantra and it clearly isn't exhibited in this Limited Run product, which should be dripping and exuding in quality, the ball has been dropped on their case.

As I said before, this doesn't have to be seen in such a negative light. I would hope that Status Elite and others like them would see it as a lesson to be learned when marketing yourself out to the public in whatever discretion you take.
Old 05-04-2009, 12:03 AM
xlack
Registered Member

Originally Posted by SilverRSXJezus
I have no beef with Status Elite's ability to conduct customer service, and I'm willing to bet that they will take care of things in a reasonable and professional manner. That's not my dispute.

My dispute is with their quality claim. All along their marketing/campaigning for this intake, the focus has been directed and/or diverted from issues like bang for buck, maximum dyno gain, issues of competition from similar products, and the like to their quality. It was their sole justification for their product as a whole, and if they couldn't even deliver on that aspect, then it's a lost case. That's the point I've been trying to get across.

If they had not been emphasizing so much on this idea of "quality for your money" and "you get what you paid for" mentality, this wouldn't be such a big deal to me. But since quality is their mantra and it clearly isn't exhibited in this Limited Run product, which should be dripping and exuding in quality, the ball has been dropped on their case.

As I said before, this doesn't have to be seen in such a negative light. I would hope that Status Elite and others like them would see it as a lesson to be learned when marketing yourself out to the public in whatever discretion you take.
I see your point and I totally agree with you. There's no denying that they dropped the ball on this. Like I say previously, such defects are unacceptable given all of the above you mentioned. I'm not arguing with you but I think people need to wait and see how this event unfolds and watch how SE handles it.

As you've said, your dispute is not with the Customer service but with the quality claim. My dispute is neither of those, it's with how people are reacting, even infected the diffuser thread now

I really don't care what people are saying about SE. It's just funny how this thread came about and everyone's emotion erupted like it's waiting for the perfect spark to ignite the flame of fury.

No one will or can force anyone to buy any mods.. just take the walk on or stay away. It's good to have threads like this to bring problems out to light. Take this as an informative thread, or a drama to see how SE will handle it. Not bashing it with 'useless' opinions that wouldn't change anything. But of course everyone is entitled to give their 2c.

and speaking of that.. 2C is a nut swinger

just kidding.
Old 05-04-2009, 12:51 AM
w0ady

lol its funny to see some of the flip-floppers on this site but props to the op for speaking up. i cant tell you how annoying it is to see the nutswinging hype on this site but oh well. different cars get different communities. looking forward to seeing this resolved.
Old 05-04-2009, 01:54 AM
G37Rider92649
Banned

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
me a nutswinger haha fvck u bitch lol

All good, the status elite guys are Kooo to me
Old 05-04-2009, 01:58 AM
C@ciQ

I can not comment on SE Intakes cus I dont have em but CF Stuff is great quality and great product. Ill post some pics soon after I get my new shoes.
Old 05-04-2009, 02:08 AM
w0ady

Originally Posted by G37Rider92649
me a nutswinger haha fvck u bitch lol

All good, the status elite guys are Kooo to me
nothing personal, it just gets old when all people "respect" are expensive name brand parts. if it were up to some people - we'd all have gt30s on kw coils with ts kits, etc. people just need to take everything with a grain of salt.
Old 05-04-2009, 02:32 AM
G37Rider92649
Banned

Originally Posted by w0ady
nothing personal, it just gets old when all people "respect" are expensive name brand parts. if it were up to some people - we'd all have gt30s on kw coils with ts kits, etc. people just need to take everything with a grain of salt.

hrrrm.... damn I dont get it But I hate gt30s and not originally even a fan of KW LOL
Old 05-04-2009, 03:20 AM
xlack
Registered Member

i like GT30 and KW and TS if they can make it not so low to the ground
Old 05-04-2009, 05:04 AM
BradManUWF
Registered Member

I think the reactions from all the posters in this thread is what to expect from an online FORUM. That is what these were made for, to put your opinions out there for discussion and debate along with spreading information and personal experiences. There will always be negativity from a general to personal level, that's human nature. The flip-flopping mentioned above is funny though, got my laughs for the day. Trying to peg a couple of you is hard with all the going back and forth with who you're supporting, lol. It was entertaining to see the pro SE guys deflecting and avoiding the subject after the facts and quotes were posted, then the tunes started changing. Quite an interesting read when you look at just the human interaction/reaction part of it.

I agree with the majority above though. If you pump your unknown and unproven product up saying that "lesser" companies don't compare, when those "lesser" companies are producing the most gains right now and have fairly good reps, you better be ready for the flame spray when you mess something up. Especially when it's 1 of 22, I mean come on.....how hard is it to check fitment on 22 items before they get shipped out when they cost $800ea!

I hope they fix the problem, but I def won't be buying an intake from them. I'll stick to Injen, Stillen, AEM, and Fujita....they're proven and cost 1/3 to 1/2 as much. They also push enough inventory that it doesn't matter if they have a problem with a certain percentage of their products. Sure HKS, TS, etc... are the high dollar brands, but are they really worth that much more to pay their prices? Car products are no different than any other retail products. How much better is that Rolex than a Fossil? Other than being able to say....I own a Rolex. They both give you the time, one just costs more than the other. Sure, if you get into the specific details of any product, there will be "better" things, but are you ever going to find out if one is better than the other before you trade it for something else? How much better is a Luis Vaton(spelling?) or Coach purse? They're a bag that hold the **** you put in it.

It's all marketing and economics. There will always be people that will purchase something so they can say "Mine is better than yours" and that usually comes from putting a higher price tag on it. Granted you do get what you pay for, MOST OF THE TIME, but not always.

From what I've seen of the SE intake from how it looks and what it does, it's not worth $800. It's a piece of metal tubing with a filter on the end. Another product that costs $300-$400 will do the same damn thing. Why would I buy it over an Injen CAI or Stillen Gen 3? What makes it stand out and better than the "lesser" brands? Their claim to "quality" seems to be a bit of a stretch right now. The claims on gains seems to be a little inflated. +24whp from a SRI seems a bit much, but maybe not if those scoops give you FI and +50whp, LOL! I might be missing it, but I don't see anything that makes it better, especially with that price difference unless you say the price tag and the 1 of 22 is a feature of a performance mod.....

Until SE can push enough product out that don't have problems, they have committed marketing suicide due to word spreading fast and people always remember the negatives over the positives. Because of this one instance and all the hype they put on their intake, and the fact that only 22 will be made, there is no balancing factor for the hick-ups in product assembly. 1 faulty intake out of 22 is a big deal. If it was 1 out of 100, and all the hype wasn't there, it wouldn't have been a big deal. Their marketing on the forum has brought this reaction on themselves and people will be more hesitant to purchase SE intakes in the future.

Last edited by BradManUWF; 05-04-2009 at 09:22 AM.
Old 05-04-2009, 07:38 AM
SOLISIMO

HAHAHA damn now its getting personal, judging me over the internet and everything. If you're trying to offend me it doesn't work, if your trying to **** me off this isn't even nothing. Don't get what you're trying to pass off with that statement? Went from intakes to accusing people and judging them to straight criticizing, I have kept my calm and kept all opinions and criticism to myself. You don't know me personally. This is about an intake not about who's side who's on and who buys what for what, what the helll. If one looks at this from the 3rd view they can see the professionalism and characteristics in everyone responses. I guess when it comes down to it, you have your ways I have mine, you buy what you like for what you can afford, I'll do the same.

If your in SoCal come meet me up str8 up in real life and we'll talk about it, I'll show you the intakes up front and let you hear it etc etc.
You know as well as I do that these intakes are not worth $800 and when you sit here and back up their claims it doesnt make you very beliveable. Yeah their customer service might be great but that does not take away from the product.

If these intakes were $250 and not "numbered" you would not have bought them plain and simple. It was all marketing and a job at that......
Old 05-04-2009, 09:15 AM
jarborn1

Originally Posted by xlack

I think your completely missing the point to what everyone is saying....I would bet that MANY of the people in this thread could afford the intake. It isnt the point...IT IS THEIR CLAIMS, and their reasoning behind charging so much, which was a HUGE fail!!!!!!

1 out of 22?? So far..

And i have to agree with BradMan...Aren't "Online Forums" the single best place to debate about products, share experiences, and compare parts??

If not, what are we all doing here?
Old 05-04-2009, 09:18 AM
MaxToTheG37
Super Moderator w/ Boost

HAHAHA damn now its getting personal, judging me over the internet and everything. If you're trying to offend me it doesn't work, if your trying to **** me off this isn't even nothing. Don't get what you're trying to pass off with that statement? Went from intakes to accusing people and judging them to straight criticizing, I have kept my calm and kept all opinions and criticism to myself. You don't know me personally. This is about an intake not about who's side who's on and who buys what for what, what the helll. If one looks at this from the 3rd view they can see the professionalism and characteristics in everyone responses. I guess when it comes down to it, you have your ways I have mine, you buy what you like for what you can afford, I'll do the same.

If your in SoCal come meet me up str8 up in real life and we'll talk about it, I'll show you the intakes up front and let you hear it etc etc.
double negative^

Originally Posted by w0ady
KW coils are the only coils not to have problems...
Old 05-04-2009, 09:19 AM
jarborn1

^^^^^^ hahahahahaha

Quick Reply: Status Elite $799 Intake Silver 01/22