Intake and Exhaust The ultimate forum to ask, discuss, and answer tech related questions regarding MyG37 intake and exhaust.

Status Elite $799 Intake Silver 01/22

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2009, 06:46 PM
jarborn1

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by G37Rider92649

You guys are talking about comparing it to ARC and HKS status, and how it's comparible. It actually is, it's just the fact that SE's name hasn't been around for a while yet therefore it's not recognize as other comapnies. And in the big leagues 799 for a intake that is limited production is a high-decent pricing, compared to other quality competitors. FYI when and if the HKS Intakes for 37 releases, it'll be around $1100, and the ARC will be around $1400 bucs. And for the dyno-proven power that SE intakes create, 799 is actually a very fair good pricing for an intake in that league. Again DrJones, if you have an issue than relax, they'll take care of it, you already saw that Lou came in and tried to help immediately too.
That is the point at least i was making.. How can they try and come out with one intake, make 22 of them, and **** at least one up?? And then go and justify being compared with the best brand names in the business...

Years of quality and R&D went into ARC and HKS's products to give them the reputation they have and ultimately allow them to charge such high prices..

Like i said in another post, i couldnt build a car in my basement and come out saying how great the quality was, r&d, craftsmanship etc.. And try and sell it against an F430 or Lp640...People would think i was crazy..y? Because i dont yet have that reputation..

I think the $800 intake with limited production from a new company was a very ballzy move and will DEF rub people the wrong way... But then again no company was ever successful without taking a few chances..
Old 05-03-2009, 06:55 PM
jarborn1

G37Rider.....

If SE wants to be in the "Big Leagues" as you put it, and produced ONLY 22 of an intake.. Dont you think they would have at least given all 22 a look over before they went out?? I mean seriously.. It was only 22..Such an easy issue to resolve and they let it just slip right by??? $800 and trying to justify yourself as a big leaguer and you cant even look over 22 limited edition intakes before they go out??
Old 05-03-2009, 07:01 PM
G37Rider92649
Banned

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Im very open and I absolutely see your point of view, I don't blame you for seeing in that way either. Thus we shall wait for the guys at Status Elite to go on here and see what say and do for DjJones. Everything you say is an opinion or as I read it. I got my status elite and it was installed fine, no problems with it what so ever. And trust me when I say this, every company has it faulty even when creating their newest product, no one is perfect. I know myself with hks, i was basically one of the 1st g35s with their new gt supercharger that released in March 08. I have always been a quality head.
Old 05-03-2009, 07:05 PM
DrJones

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
DrJones, holy moly, send your intake to SE and they'll take care of it, simple as that, geeez man lol. They were at the shows with us yesterday, SE is probably on their way back up North right now. It was a looong tiring weekend for them and Lou and even us.

You guys seriously just jumped way into conclusions with this lol.
Again DrJones, if you have an issue than relax, they'll take care of it, you already saw that Lou came in and tried to help immediately too.

Take $799 and flush it down the toilet. Then you tell me to relax.

The issue is resolved as I am sending the defective system back to Lou and he is issuing a full refund but that does not change anything. I was sold a defective system by a company that made some serious boasts on these boards as quoted by many.

Once again my question is, "Where is the quality control?" Especially on a limited run item such as this.
Old 05-03-2009, 07:07 PM
G37Rider92649
Banned

I'm glad Lou gave you a full refund immediately, and that's outstanding customer service, while other companies would've took time to even think to refund the money before trying to get your intake fixed first. I understand your anger and I would be pissed too if I received something that I spent 799 for and it didn't work. That's why i said let's wait for Status Elite to come in here, I am curious myself of the issue you occurred, I want to know what happened and why too. You did not flush your money down the toilet though, you got it back.
Old 05-03-2009, 07:11 PM
DrJones

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
It was a metaphor.

I'm a businessman also and I understand that these things happen. Great customer service is key to resolving this. I am happy that Lou was so quick to contact me and that we are getting this resolved.

I hope SE is able to identify (once they receive this back) what went wrong so that it is corrected for future applications.
Old 05-03-2009, 07:15 PM
G37Rider92649
Banned

Originally Posted by DrJones
It was a metaphor.

I'm a businessman also and I understand that these things happen. Great customer service is key to resolving this. I am happy that Lou was so quick to contact me and that we are getting this resolved.

I hope SE is able to identify (once they receive this back) what went wrong so that it is corrected for future applications.
Exactly, then we have something alike, I'm business too. Great Customer service is the key to almost everything I totally agree buddy. So let's wait for SE to come in here and take care of it.
Old 05-03-2009, 07:25 PM
SilverRSXJezus

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by xlack
u guys need to stop bashing the vendors and let them do their job. im sure they'll take care of this matter and everything will be resolved soon enough. people can justify what they spend on.. dont have to hate on it. if u cant afford it then just walk on and get something u can afford.

whether this intake is worth 800 or not its up to the buyers to decide. no one forced anyone to get them, they did it cuz they want it and they feel they can justify their purchase.

Vendors? Was that intended to be plural, because it seems like we're only picking on Status Elite here.

I don't think you understand how this works.

When one tries to skip the step of establishing their name from ground up, such as what Status Elite did here by skipping the low end competition like Injen and the like, they canNOT have any mishaps, however unlucky or unfortunate it may be, as that will be completely detrimental to their intent on sailing their way up to the likes of HKS, Top Secret, etc.

Point is, put your money where your mouth is. If Dr. Jones purchased a Status Elite Intake, he was purchasing it under the impression that he would get a product that would be valued to be of an $800 quality intake. Unless we live in different worlds of definitions, it would appear as if the intake he received is in fact of lower quality than a comparable Injen intake that costs what, half as much, if even?

I'm not putting words into Status Elite's mouth since they were the ones solely claiming that the point of their product is nothing BUT quality. And clearly this example of not even a MASS PRODUCED product but a LIMITED RUN, LIMITED EDITION OF 22 INTAKES, 1 out of the 22 has already basically failed its purpose.

1/22? That's nearly 5%! With that margin of bad quality for a LIMITED RUN product, I can't even fathom how much lower it would be with a mass product version.
Old 05-03-2009, 07:29 PM
SilverRSXJezus

You guys are talking about comparing it to ARC and HKS status, and how it's comparible. It actually is, it's just the fact that SE's name hasn't been around for a while yet therefore it's not recognize as other comapnies
. And in the big leagues 799 for a intake that is limited production is a high-decent pricing, compared to other quality competitors. FYI when and if the HKS Intakes for 37 releases, it'll be around $1100, and the ARC will be around $1400 bucs. And for the dyno-proven power that SE intakes create, 799 is actually a very fair good pricing for an intake in that league. Again DrJones, if you have an issue than relax, they'll take care of it, you already saw that Lou came in and tried to help immediately too.

I don't think you understand the situation here.

How is an intake that costs 800 dollars that can't fit the stock sensor parts and fails to live up to the standard it sets out to set an example of quality when a cheaper Injen CAI or SRI gets the job done?

Once again, it was NOT dyno-proven to be the extraordinary gains that it set out to be initially! That's the kind of deceptive business practice that many aftermarket tuning companies use when trying to sell a product that clearly can't edge out its competition. I'm not disputing the fact that there are dynos proving that there are gains to be had, but rather the fact that the numbers were skewed towards drawing more positive attention to their product than it actually deserves.
Old 05-03-2009, 07:32 PM
SilverRSXJezus

Im very open and I absolutely see your point of view, I don't blame you for seeing in that way either. Thus we shall wait for the guys at Status Elite to go on here and see what say and do for DjJones. Everything you say is an opinion or as I read it. I got my status elite and it was installed fine, no problems with it what so ever. And trust me when I say this, every company has it faulty even when creating their newest product, no one is perfect. I know myself with hks, i was basically one of the 1st g35s with their new gt supercharger that released in March 08. I have always been a quality head.

The big difference between Status Elite and HKS is that HKS already has an established name, so if they do screw up, it's not a problem as people can reasonably predict or expect them to pick up the slack quickly and ascend to their usual levels of quality.

Status Elite, as you said, is like a brand new company trying to put themselves out there even before giving themselves a good name.

Look at it this way: If Hyundai or Kia is a relatively newcomer to the automaker industry and decides to launch a luxury lineup to not compete with Hondas, Fords, and Toyotas, but to head straight for BMW, Mercedes, and Maserati, and their first vehicle had noticeable defects, their name would be tarnished. And honestly, from a business standpoint, that is an incredibly risky move to allow ANY sort of measurable or noticeable mistakes/error as that levels their "reputation" straight to the ground.
Old 05-03-2009, 07:42 PM
SilverRSXJezus

https://www.myg37.com/forums/support...re-orders.html

"Due to popular demand, and very LIMITED QUANTITY of 22 pcs only, only 20 available . Im now taking orders for the best made intake for the G37 in terms quality, build not to mention looks very effective VELOCITY STACK that makes very nice gains as well as very noticable growl."

Straight from the source.

Dyno gains were not the +20 whp as first initially claimed.

And my point is not to bash Status Elite. I have no affiliations with any aftermarket company nor am I partial towards any brand. I'm simply taking on the stance that this is a lesson to be learned by Status Elite as well as any other potential startups that setting yourself out so high and dry can be potentially disastrous from a marketing/consumer point of view if you fail to achieve your initial expectations.
Old 05-03-2009, 07:46 PM
dannbla
LA G Club

Way to step up Lou,
and ensure that the customer is happy
thats great customer service
and a great way to stand by the products you sell

I have never purchased anything from Lou, but have heard good things on these forums about him, and it's good to know he lives up to his reputation.

Originally Posted by Lou@Amplified
Daniel,

I've just sent you a PM before i saw this post. We were closed yesterday due to a car show we were attending and as i explained on my PM, if your unhappy with your purchase, i'm more than willing to give you a full refund due to problems/issues of the product.

I will try to reach STATUS ELITE today to resolve this problem with them but your refund is safe, you will receive them once we get the items back at the shop. I do apologize for the inconvience and Hopefully this will get resolved quickly.

You have every right to speak your mind if your unhappy with the purchase and i completely understand. I will make sure Status Elite chimes in with the problems with the product so they can improve and avoid future issue with any products they have. Thats my responsibilty as a distributor. As for the one that we got and installed, everything was fine with the intake.

Pm me if you have any other questions

thanks
Lou
Old 05-03-2009, 07:56 PM
SOLISIMO

^ finally something positive and something legitimately that is clearly said. Every word, thanks for the input. 16hrs, omg dude when they get your message, they will respond, when they see ur issue, they'll take care of it. U get what u pay for

Especially if you cant afford it, than move on and get something you can afford, don't hate on it. Bingo
Nut swinger #1 your their prime target, bc you have the money and it makes you feel better that you have #? of 22 JWT's I mean SE intakes. Your the type that buys **** so that people know you have money
Old 05-03-2009, 08:07 PM
jarborn1

SilverRSX i said those exact same things in different ways...

G37Rider is friends with the guys at SE which is totally understandable why he defends their products...Which is cool i would do the same for my boys..

Hopefully this will open people's eyes alittle to the "claims" about quality made by this company...
Old 05-03-2009, 08:16 PM
DaKine

Wow you people are harsh. I was following the r2c intake myself and with the long delay that was claimed due to R&D, they still screwed up with the first few production pcs. I simlpy moved on to the next possible intake thread and read, reviewed my possibilities.

If we would use the auto market logic, and used mercedes as another example, to act like some of you guys here, I would be bashing them severly for selling me a 55k car that had nothing but problems. My point is, no one forced me to buy that junk mercedes but I there is no need for me to bash them on a forum, I'd simply take it up to manufacturer and get it resolved. In this case it looks like it has been so in my opinion, this thread is done.

If I may point out something, those of you who dislikes them for comparing products to established companies like HKS, I completely get it but even HKS Had really but fitment issues with my buddies Evo. Their intercooler piping didn't line up correctly and they won't even fix the problem for him. Now if he boosts hard, the coupler pops. Reputable? Maybe for some people, customer service? None! R&D that took years to do like someone here said? I highly doubt that.

Quick Reply: Status Elite $799 Intake Silver 01/22