Intake and Exhaust The ultimate forum to ask, discuss, and answer tech related questions regarding MyG37 intake and exhaust.

Status Elite $799 Intake Silver 01/22

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2009, 12:22 PM
Goonz
Premier Member

Received 60 Likes on 54 Posts
wow what a shame! I really hope this gets resolved man, best of luck
Old 05-03-2009, 12:27 PM
RedG37SNC

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Wow, I definitely would not expect this from a limited run, especially with 01/22 you'd think it would have been thoroughly inspected. The lip issue was actually experienced by a JWT user and reviewed on this site a year or so ago.
Old 05-03-2009, 12:29 PM
myk1013

Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts
*off topic
Red, how do you like your R2C's so far?
Old 05-03-2009, 12:32 PM
JLai

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Doesn't surprise me. If you take a look around at the forum, its a bunch of banwagon hype, flavor-of-the-month nonsense with half the people not even knowing very much about cars in general.

Take a look at the Injens and the crap they got when the first came out...then compare it to how they are viewed now. JWTs are another fine example of a product hyped to ****.

It is beyond me how someone can spend $800 on an ALUMINUM SRI w/o heatshields when there are obvious cheaper AND better applications available. But ****...its your money. My advice: stick to what you know. SE trying to compare themselves to ARC, HKS, and MINES? Give me an effen break.

Last edited by JLai; 05-03-2009 at 12:37 PM.
Old 05-03-2009, 12:34 PM
jnguyen

one thing that I know is its stupid to have a limited run because if anyone experience something like this then SE can't just send them a new one haha. I know I wouldnt send mine in just to get the thing grinded then resend back. I would want a new one for the 800 dollar price.
Old 05-03-2009, 12:38 PM
myk1013

Originally Posted by JLai
Doesn't surprise me. If you take a look around at the forum, its a bunch of banwagon hype, flavor-of-the-month nonsense with half the people not even knowing very much about cars in general.

Take a look at the Injens and the crap they got when the first came out...then compare it to how they are viewed now. JWTs are another fine example of a product hyped to ****.

It is beyond me how someone can spend $800 on an ALUMINUM SRI w/o heatshields when there are obvious cheaper AND better applications available. But ****...its your money. My advice, stick to what you know. SE trying to compare themselves to ARC, HKS, and MINES? Give me an effen break.
Dang, relax dude.
Old 05-03-2009, 12:41 PM
JLai

Originally Posted by myk1013
Dang, relax dude.
Had to get that out...I've been holding my tongue for a while now.
Old 05-03-2009, 12:53 PM
myk1013

I feel ya on the bandwagon hype ****. Thats why I'm here in the forums almost everyday, well ok, EVERYDAY! I get to do my own R&D here. LOL.
Old 05-03-2009, 01:05 PM
RedG37SNC

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by myk1013
*off topic
Red, how do you like your R2C's so far?
Love it, everything I wanted. Full metal tubes, great fit, quality build(expecially around the MAF), great sound and engine protection all in one. 2 days after running with it I was surprised to see a very fine layer of dust on the end cap already. It's not like I live in AZ, TX, CO or Southern CA where dust is heavy but I didn't expect that much already.

I'm very glad I have this:

And not this between it and my engine.
Old 05-03-2009, 01:15 PM
SilverRSXJezus

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thank you for coming out with this thread, Dr. Jones.

From the very START of Status Elite's inception of their intakes, I have been extremely wary, critical, and suspicious of that particular product. I had not known about their other stuff (carbon fiber shroud or whatever engine bay covers), and they seem to be fine in that aspect, but it was their conduct of business and handling of product information that made me want to call them out from the get go.

Firstly it was the misleading horsepower gains, which was marketed in a deceiving manner, then now it's this transition to an apparently limited edition version of the intake. From a business standpoint, it makes basically zero sense to start such a trim unless the product has already been established, which it has not. To me, it seemed to be a red flag for such a start-up company, automatically trying to associate themselves with the top price/name players like HKS and Top Secret so they can use that for an excuse for their exorbitant pricetag.

Seems like I'm not the only one now that feels that they are almost on a borderline "scam" level company.
Old 05-03-2009, 01:21 PM
jarborn1

Originally Posted by SilverRSXJezus

From the very START of Status Elite's inception of their intakes, I have been extremely wary, critical, and suspicious of that particular product. I had not known about their other stuff (carbon fiber shroud or whatever engine bay covers), and they seem to be fine in that aspect, but it was their conduct of business and handling of product information that made me want to call them out from the get go.

Firstly it was the misleading horsepower gains, which was marketed in a deceiving manner, then now it's this transition to an apparently limited edition version of the intake. From a business standpoint, it makes basically zero sense to start such a trim unless the product has already been established, which it has not. To me, it seemed to be a red flag for such a start-up company, automatically trying to associate themselves with the top price/name players like HKS and Top Secret so they can use that for an excuse for their exorbitant pricetag.

Seems like I'm not the only one now that feels that they are almost on a borderline "scam" level company.
+100000000000000000000000

Exactly what i said earlier just worded different..

SE can continue selling their products to the group of band wagoner's on this site which from their Intake production is 22
Old 05-03-2009, 01:21 PM
jarborn1

Originally Posted by JLai

It is beyond me how someone can spend $800 on an ALUMINUM SRI w/o heatshields when there are obvious cheaper AND better applications available. But ****...its your money. My advice: stick to what you know. SE trying to compare themselves to ARC, HKS, and MINES? Give me an effen break.

AMEN!!

Can't be said enough..
Old 05-03-2009, 01:31 PM
aliiin
BMW Defector

Received 16 Likes on 10 Posts
Originally Posted by SilverRSXJezus

+1

thanks for sharing Dr. Jones.
Old 05-03-2009, 02:35 PM
elite

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i kept my mouth shut in this one. hope you get your cash back quick. invest in scoops and gain buttloads of powah.
Old 05-03-2009, 02:50 PM
XtatiC

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by elite
i kept my mouth shut in this one. hope you get your cash back quick. invest in scoops and gain buttloads of powah.
+ 10000000 for the scoops...

Quick Reply: Status Elite $799 Intake Silver 01/22