Intake and Exhaust The ultimate forum to ask, discuss, and answer tech related questions regarding MyG37 intake and exhaust.

Status Elite $799 Intake Silver 01/22

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2009, 01:46 PM
Gamedog
Sam Rothstein

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Bro her outfit looked better when it was in the backseat of my car
Old 05-04-2009, 01:49 PM
donpisto

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by jarborn1
^^^ If that is the case then companies need to follow through with their claims...

Dont claim you have quality comparable to the best in the business (as a new company) and send out a product of inferior quality..

The business did this to themselves.. When you preach perfection and do not deliver you have to expect to get flamed..
I'd like to step in here. Do you think that every product that gets produced by every company is flawless? Maybe sometimes there is a defect, as slight as it may be, that does not get noticed during inspection. It just doesn't make sense. The name calling is absurd and for the people that still think it's too pricey for an intake, either get over it because you can't afford it, and if you think it's not worth it, then let it be. We already know it's expensive, but that doesn't mean that something expensive can't be good and worth the money. I'm pretty sure most will agree that sometimes, when you spend the extra money, you get what you pay for.
Old 05-04-2009, 01:52 PM
Triple_X

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by donpisto
I'd like to step in here. Do you think that every product that gets produced by every company is flawless? Maybe sometimes there is a defect, as slight as it may be, that does not get noticed during inspection. It just doesn't make sense. The name calling is absurd and for the people that still think it's too pricey for an intake, either get over it because you can't afford it, and if you think it's not worth it, then let it be. We already know it's expensive, but that doesn't mean that something expensive can't be good and worth the money. I'm pretty sure most will agree that sometimes, when you spend the extra money, you get what you pay for.
While this is often true, it seems there is a mentality with some here that think "the more expensive, the better"

and I'm willing to bet anyone who can afford a 40k+ car can find a way to save up 800 bucks. Most just don't see the point for a SRI, when you can get a different intake with similar if not better results for half the price. I don't ever plan on doing shows, so my hood will be opened hardly ever so brandwhoring is not even a question for me.

Last edited by Triple_X; 05-04-2009 at 01:58 PM.
Old 05-04-2009, 01:54 PM
jarborn1

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
^^ Jesus..

Please go back and read my posts man.. Read the quotes i posted DIRECTLY from SE, there entire Marketing Push for this intake was QUALITY BRO !!!!! QUALITY above all of the average competition (injen, stillen, Jwt, fujita) and closer if not superior then the best companies in the business (HKS, ARC, TS)...Seriously man i thought i was beating a dead horse...

If you are limiting production based on such a superior quality then all other companies you can't send out a faulty product..

Surprising another "Team OCG's" defending their boy's SE..
Old 05-04-2009, 01:54 PM
G37Rider92649
Banned

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
jaborn1 and i discussed over PM already, we totally agree on both sides man, all good.

Offer is still out in SoCal, have a beer and check out my intake and chill

Besides that, lets just wait for SE!

donpisto u know we support the community no matter what, this team is revolved around it, so i always respect their opinion first. You know how we roll man! 3 STRIKE RULES, 3 strikes and you're out, look at Cobb! Dont even ask about it This is strike 1, let see if they can resolve the issue. Guys he just seen the quality up front and heard it etc etc so he has his opinions too.
Old 05-04-2009, 01:55 PM
donpisto

Originally Posted by Triple_X
While this is often true, it seems there is a mentality with some here that think "the more expensive, the better"
Sometimes that is true. If that were the case though, some of the people would have gone with the ARC intake.

Some people here compete in shows as well. What do you tell a judge when they see an eBay intake? "I'm a cheap ass"?
Old 05-04-2009, 01:57 PM
jarborn1

Originally Posted by donpisto
Sometimes that is true. If that were the case though, some of the people would have gone with the ARC intake.

Some people here compete in shows as well. What do you tell a judge when they see an eBay intake? "I'm a cheap ass"?

I dont think anybody mentioned "Ebay Intakes"...

Do you think a judge would really go... OH MY GOD you have an $800 SE SRI with no heat shields... WINNER !!!!!

Get real man.. At least make good points.
Old 05-04-2009, 01:58 PM
G37Rider92649
Banned

the #/22 helps a bit though, but yeah an Intake wont win you shiet, a cheap intake will loose you if anything lol.
Old 05-04-2009, 02:01 PM
G37Rider92649
Banned

Everybody is treated equal man, not everyone is backing each other up. No LIE, I HAVE SOME MEMBERS THAT ARE NOT A FAN OF MY SE INTAKES AT ALLL! Plus u should see how we treat each other when we dont like each others parts (in a joke way of course), so nope no backing it up lol, very open, all walks of lives and different opinions, just clarifying that.
Old 05-04-2009, 02:02 PM
donpisto

Originally Posted by jarborn1
^^ Jesus..

Please go back and read my posts man.. Read the quotes i posted DIRECTLY from SE, there entire Marketing Push for this intake was QUALITY BRO !!!!! QUALITY above all of the average competition (injen, stillen, Jwt, fujita) and closer if not superior then the best companies in the business (HKS, ARC, TS)...Seriously man i thought i was beating a dead horse...

If you are limiting production based on such a superior quality then all other companies you can't send out a faulty product..

Surprising another "Team OCG's" defending their boy's SE..
I'm not going to take part in mentioning the what ifs and what nots, but rather I just wanted to mention how people just as easily jump on the other bandwagon of bashing a company and people complaining about an intake being too pricey.

And what's wrong with another person from Team OCGs providing their input? I guess now we are leaning towards segregation? I'm not commenting on anything else besides what I mentioned. Me being part of the team has nothing to do with my opinion. I would say the EXACT same thing if I was not on the team. I'm not just saying this either. I have been in the audio scene for quite some time and I have seen some people bash certain products without even using them or dealing with the company's customer service, and I stood up for the company because I knew their product.

In this case I do not own the intake, but I'm not really talking much about it. Re-read my posts so I don't have to beat any dead horses.

Just to clarify, my opinion has nothing to do with the product. It's based on people jumping the gun and talking about something they don't know or providing their opinion and bashing on it without having used it. I'm not here to create conflict, just express my mind, that's how I am. The issue has been settled and I'll admit, I skipped through several pages because I woke up not too long ago and reading 9 pages was getting quite exhausting. My opinion is merely for people to relax, give it some time and let the vendor work out the issue and for people to not put down a product because of price...we all know there are expensive products out there, whether it be a car or whatever. Some people are willing to pay, others aren't. Simple as that.

Last edited by donpisto; 05-04-2009 at 02:08 PM.
Old 05-04-2009, 02:04 PM
G37Rider92649
Banned

Yeah we hold our own opinions, donpisto doesnt like my stereo coming set up, i dont like his exhaust but we're cool! One of my team members hate my intake LOLOL
Old 05-04-2009, 02:06 PM
xlack
Registered Member

that's not the point jarborn1.. he's saying if anyone thinks the intake is too expensive or not worth the money, just don't buy it and stay away. No need for hate. And regarding the marketing hype, I honestly think SE played a great deal of it. But that's how business is.. talk about ethics.. it's more like being happy with your own purchase, why should people who is willing to spend $800 on SE SRI listen to what anyone has to say? Now I would understand IF the OP starts bashing SE I would think it's alright. But then people coming in from nowhere started talking shit about SE falsified and extravagant claims.. what's the hate for?

On the side note, I don't own any SE products and never planned on getting any either. And besides, the bandwagon hype is where people who don't actually own or owned a product and give opinions on it. I admit I am guilty for it too. When everyone says injen cai is good (though it really is imo), I go injen injen injen too.

Last edited by xlack; 05-04-2009 at 02:16 PM.
Old 05-04-2009, 02:07 PM
jarborn1

^^ Not segregating at all bro... Just TEAM OCG's seems to be very tight with the guys from Status Elite, go to show's Bbq's etc.. So your opinions as truthful as they may be are still inherently biased..
Old 05-04-2009, 02:09 PM
jarborn1

Hey G37Rider... I took some heat off of ya..lol
Old 05-04-2009, 02:09 PM
G37Rider92649
Banned

No OCGs ever went to a status elite bbq yet, bastards! Or then I didnt myself. lol Its ok I cook better anyways

Quick Reply: Status Elite $799 Intake Silver 01/22