Intake and Exhaust The ultimate forum to ask, discuss, and answer tech related questions regarding MyG37 intake and exhaust.

Review R2C MaxFlow CAI

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2009, 01:12 AM
dannbla
LA G Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
yeah I was following you guys on the other thread. You waited a long time for these hope it works out well for you. I'm looking into getting posibly the Injen short ram intakes but not sure yet, but am curious how these work for you.
Old 05-04-2009, 11:32 AM
RedG37SNC

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Updated with confirmation they did send an early prototype since they'll be sending a Black Chrome set once they're finished. Quality is excellent as confirmed by other users that have recieved thiers. Also added the R2C vs Stillen Gen3 Dyno.

Last edited by RedG37SNC; 05-04-2009 at 08:25 PM.
Old 05-04-2009, 12:29 PM
san~man

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts
Which Gen (1,2, or 3) Stillen intake is that dyno of?
Old 05-04-2009, 03:11 PM
RedG37SNC

Originally Posted by san~man
Which Gen (1,2, or 3) Stillen intake is that dyno of?
Gen3 as noted above the dyno.
Old 05-04-2009, 03:21 PM
san~man

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by RedG37SNC
Gen3 as noted above the dyno.
LOL, I was looking at the text on the dyno graph lol. Gotta put my glasses on I guess

I'm at work and it's hard to see, but at 6K, is the Stillen the lower graph line? It "looks" red, but it's hard to tell. If so, that's about a 13 or so HP difference between the R2C and the Stillen (which is impressive, considering the R2C was dyno'd on a hotter day with more humidity).

**Edit, I saw your post in the vendor thread, impressive indeed**

Last edited by san~man; 05-04-2009 at 03:27 PM.
Old 05-20-2009, 12:20 AM
TheLocNar
Registered Member

Received 66 Likes on 52 Posts
LOL, I was looking at the text on the dyno graph lol. Gotta put my glasses on I guess

I'm at work and it's hard to see, but at 6K, is the Stillen the lower graph line? It "looks" red, but it's hard to tell. If so, that's about a 13 or so HP difference between the R2C and the Stillen (which is impressive, considering the R2C was dyno'd on a hotter day with more humidity).

Yup... at 6k, the Stillen is the lower graph line (red)...
Old 05-25-2009, 08:19 PM
RedG37SNC

Updated OP with additional pics and HD vid of black chrome finish.
Old 07-21-2009, 11:17 AM
TheDuke

Wow, better than Stillen Gen 3?

From the dyno looks like the R2C outperforms the Stillen Gen 3. Stillen says they provide the most gains of any air intake, but looks like that may not be true anymore. Plus this doesn't have the a$$pain of installation and cleaning like the Gen 3. I was about to give up on intakes and just get a drop in, but this might be worth it. Any loss at low RPM's like some have stated with other intakes? Also does it help MPG at all? Thanks
Old 07-21-2009, 06:36 PM
RedG37SNC

I still believe sound, looks and with some better filtration and maintenance ease is what you get from intakes primarily.
Old 08-09-2009, 07:35 AM
G35s-Dude

Check my thread on g35driver:

http://g35driver.com/forums/v36-engi...g35-sedan.html

I think there is a drop in all CAI intakes unless you do some tuning, my JWT pop charger power curve is better than my new Injen CAI, but i was told by many people that with a tune i'll get much better results than an SRI, and i mean by SRI any intake that's still sitting in the engine bay even if it was as R2C claimed to be CAI due to their sealed box.

Just my POV, i might change my CAI into SRI in the future, Injen CAI is PITA to maintane or change .
Old 08-10-2009, 01:25 AM
Remo101

Is it just me or is the R2c the uglyist intake I've seen. It sounded good from the sound clips, but I just can get over how ugly the heat shield is. Not a fan of white filters either. I did think the black chrome intake tubes were nice though.
Old 08-12-2009, 06:59 PM
rAiN
Registered Member

Received 24 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by Remo101
Is it just me or is the R2c the uglyist intake I've seen. It sounded good from the sound clips, but I just can get over how ugly the heat shield is. Not a fan of white filters either. I did think the black chrome intake tubes were nice though.
functionality doesn't comes from the look
Old 08-13-2009, 09:13 PM
RedG37SNC

A bit nicer looking foam seal would probably improve the heatshield looks, the white filter I personally like. Most that bought R2C just didn't want the negatives of current CAI designs. Argue if you must that it's not AS good as a typical CAI design but it still as close as you'll get without dealing with CAI design pains. The quality and available finishes further raise the bar and last but not least... they're the only company to build their own filters! Unfortunately we don't have unbiased 3rd party testing of the various filters available. R2C has tested them however and claims to out perform every brand they've tested (which includes every one you'll see on this board) Thats better performance initially unloaded and also equally as importantly loaded with dust. So way I see it... she can eat crackers in bed... I'm not kicking her out.
Old 08-13-2009, 11:30 PM
TheLocNar
Registered Member

Received 66 Likes on 52 Posts
I actually like the white too. With a white filter, you will be able to tell when you need to clean it... and their filters don't look like everyone elses. It's not like you drive around without a hood...

These are the best performing intakes on the market. That's for sure.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

I had the privilege of touring their facilities that they use to manufacture filters for the military... every Hummer/Oshkosh in the military uses their filters. They push out 12,000-15,000 filters a day just for the Hummer alone. Quite a site to see their operation. Whereas the R2c division is just a few small rooms... but they are working on that... lol
Old 08-13-2009, 11:36 PM
nogoodname
Banned

i think they look good, i like the big heat shields...lol

and i thought it looked something OEM.....

i bought the black chrome ones

Quick Reply: Review R2C MaxFlow CAI