Intake and Exhaust The ultimate forum to ask, discuss, and answer tech related questions regarding MyG37 intake and exhaust.

My Injen Install Pics (No Bumper Removal)

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2009, 10:52 PM
Goonz
Premier Member

Received 60 Likes on 54 Posts
Thumbs up My Injen Install Pics (No Bumper Removal)

well finally I got an intake, I went with Injen once again like I had on my ex-G35 coupe because of its superior quality. It was tough deciding this against the new SE ram-air intake. SE intakes had me until obv. the price factor but again the curiosity is still there of what it could have been had I got those. Oh well, anywho the install was pretty insane. I did NOT remove the bumper, I opted to install through the fenders and it was pretty easy I should say, very straight forward although only problem I had was removing the stock washer resevoir as some bolts were pretty hard to get to put it was possible. Took me 3.5 hours taking my time while snapping a few pics..

Impressions:
-They look really really nice
-Not happy with the resevoir they supplied as I actually use mine ALOT in the winter and the Injen one is ridiculous in size.
-prolly more to come as I havent really driven much yet
-I did reset the ECU, upon reconnecting it and test driving the car, the car like crap for the first few minutes but then started to come alive.
-does the intake noramlly get louder as time progresses? My old Injen did in my g35 coupe..hmm, I guess im basing my oppinion off of that

My ex-G35 Coupe Intake

Now the pics (ill post the end fully installed pics later)

is this normal?

more to come later on hopefully
Old 04-10-2009, 11:10 PM
C@ciQ

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Great job!!!
Old 04-10-2009, 11:12 PM
sTiLLBaLLiN37
Former Prez of LA G'Z

Received 24 Likes on 3 Posts
Nicely done! At first the Injens felt sluggish, but after an hour of driving, I was like DAMN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 04-10-2009, 11:13 PM
jnguyen

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
oils great man! I love mine. I don't think that bend should be there
Old 04-10-2009, 11:17 PM
oOmikeyboy
Florida G35 Club, Premier Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I love mine too!! Mine had a few nicks when i opened the box, but no big deal. The sound above 6k is unreal.. haha
Old 04-11-2009, 01:00 AM
Goonz
Premier Member

yea I didnt do anthing yet about that bend, just left it the way it was for now..They seem sorta quite for maybe what I was expecting, I hope as I break them in even more that they get louder in lower rpms...
Old 04-11-2009, 01:04 AM
sTiLLBaLLiN37
Former Prez of LA G'Z

Hmmmm.... my Injens growl at lower RPMs more than the Stillen 3Gs. You have any other mods?
Old 04-11-2009, 01:19 AM
Goonz
Premier Member

Originally Posted by sTiLLBaLLiN37
Hmmmm.... my Injens growl at lower RPMs more than the Stillen 3Gs. You have any other mods?
thats what I thought from reading your intake review, I figured id have lower rpm growl but didnt really hear that much..car is bone stock..just these injens..perhaps ill give it more time, this is how it was with my other g35..it took some time till the injen got crazy omg sexy loud
Old 04-11-2009, 01:47 AM
06banshee

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
man i think it wouldve been less work and less of a PITA to just remove the bumper.But yea INJEN intakes are ftw I just sold mine and it sucks driving without them.
Old 04-11-2009, 01:49 AM
sTiLLBaLLiN37
Former Prez of LA G'Z

Trust me, maybe it's the placebo effect, but after a while the sound picks up. I sometimes hear the intake over my exhaust, which must be LOUD.
Old 04-11-2009, 02:20 AM
Goonz
Premier Member

Originally Posted by 06banshee
man i think it wouldve been less work and less of a PITA to just remove the bumper.But yea INJEN intakes are ftw I just sold mine and it sucks driving without them.
takes the same time either way

Originally Posted by sTiLLBaLLiN37
Trust me, maybe it's the placebo effect, but after a while the sound picks up. I sometimes hear the intake over my exhaust, which must be LOUD.
I sure as hell hope so! How long have u had ur injens?
Old 04-11-2009, 02:22 AM
sTiLLBaLLiN37
Former Prez of LA G'Z

Had them for 2 weeks now, I am very impressed with the sound at lower RPM's, that's the first thing I noticed.
Old 04-11-2009, 05:16 AM
MaxToTheG37
Super Moderator w/ Boost

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Nice pictures bro!

Injens Quality Control is not the best out there... There has been alot of myg37 members to receive there intakes and have scratches, bends, bad welds, bad connections and damaged silicone connectors....

But I think Injen is pretty good about getting you other products to you especially if you broadcast it on public forums... so just call them up...

Black looks good btw.
Old 04-11-2009, 05:22 AM
STOOF

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts
wow great idea, i honestly never thought of doing it that way. Its prolly easier to go that route to take off the filters for cleaning/re-oiling which im ready to do.

As for them being quiet, they def arent as loud as our 1st gen Injens were. I heard them okay but now that i have HKS with HFCs i cant hear them at all.

Oh and that bend is normal, mine are the same way, i think its like that so you can get the little hose on it easier. idk.
Old 04-11-2009, 12:35 PM
Goonz
Premier Member

Originally Posted by STOOF
As for them being quiet, they def arent as loud as our 1st gen Injens were. I heard them okay but now that i have HKS with HFCs i cant hear them at all.
ahh man all this money and I better hear these intakes lol..oh well we'll see what happens

Quick Reply: My Injen Install Pics (No Bumper Removal)