Intake and Exhaust The ultimate forum to ask, discuss, and answer tech related questions regarding MyG37 intake and exhaust.

Magnaflow exhaust arrived today!! Video clips to follow!

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2009, 12:49 PM
EVO-to-G

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Magnaflow exhaust arrived today!! Video clips to follow!

Alright im at work and just checked my tracking at UPS and it got delivered at the house a little while ago Already called a shop and will be getting it on later today.

Let me just explain why i went with the Magnaflow. I personally loved the FI CF and the MXP. But when i found the Magnaflow for under $500 shipped i just couldn't justify spending another $1k on either of those which will most likely not produce more than a couple horsepower more. The other exhaust's might look/sound better to people but for $1k extra i just couldn't justify it. With that being said the FI CF and MXP are still prob the best exaust out there and if you have the money go for it. But if not give CVR Motorsports a shout...they hooked it up good

So later tonight i'll update you guys on how the sound is and hopefully tomorrow if i get time i'll try and post some pics and video clips. The car already has Berk HFC.

UPDATE...VIDEOS FOUND HERE: https://www.myg37.com/forums/intake-...tside-car.html

UPDATE:

Sound: Very deep and bassy sounding. Love the sound. Lots of compliments on it. Exhaust drones slightly as people stated at only 2k rpm or below. Once you rev passed 2k rpm the drone is completely gone, and even the drone that exsists below 2k rpm isn't that bad too me. (remember this is hooked up to Berk HFC's)

Performance: I am usually someone who never feels the butt-dyno on small parts like this. But for some reason after i got the exhaust on i definitely felt some more pull. My other parts i dynoed but this i didn't have the time too. But i can say that i def do feel some more pull with this on.

Problems: I got that slight buzzing noise when the revs start to drop down close to 2k rpm. Really annoying...will try and see if i can get that fixed. Also as i accelerate i can hear a faint buzzing noise following the exhaust tone, im hoping this isn't a leak cause i hear it when im giving it some extra gas.

Last edited by EVO-to-G; 04-13-2009 at 11:10 PM.
Old 03-30-2009, 12:53 PM
Gamedog
Sam Rothstein

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Nice Congrats on the purchase and the good deal.
Old 03-30-2009, 12:54 PM
aliiin
BMW Defector

Received 16 Likes on 10 Posts
awesome! can't wait for the review... i don't think i've heard a hfc/magnaflow combo... or i might have idk.
Old 03-30-2009, 12:55 PM
jnguyen

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
can't wait man. yeah 1k for a exhaust isnt really a good option right now with economy unless your just a money tree ahha
Old 03-30-2009, 12:57 PM
EVO-to-G

Originally Posted by aliiin
awesome! can't wait for the review... i don't think i've heard a hfc/magnaflow combo... or i might have idk.
on youtube theres actually about 3 videos from the same guy with berk hfc/magnaflow...i think it sounds real good.

i'll post some vids of mine when i get a chance.
Old 03-30-2009, 01:01 PM
jarborn1

Nice.. I was thinking going the same route, for the same reasons.

CAI + Exhaust would only gain about 15hp so why spend $2000 total when you could spend under $1000..
Old 03-30-2009, 01:03 PM
TomG37

Nice! Write a review up on this!

Only thing that worries me is that in the threads I read people complain about a loud drone at 1,500-2,000rpm's.
Old 03-30-2009, 01:06 PM
EVO-to-G

Originally Posted by TomG37
Nice! Write a review up on this!

Only thing that worries me is that in the threads I read people complain about a loud drone at 1,500-2,000rpm's.
well 1.5-2k rpm is very low and barely would be down there.

but i'll def let you guys know if it drones bad or not. if anything i heard the FI CF drones alot...i doubt this would be that bad. Magnflow's are not super loud on our cars...should sound good hooked up with my Berk HFC.
Old 03-30-2009, 01:07 PM
jb5674

I need to write up the maganaflow exhaust that Hector from Exhaust depot made. Its one of the first for our cars. Sounds effin amazing w/ the HFC. I have pics and vids (before and after) I'll try to get everything up tonight as its been a week.
Old 03-30-2009, 11:14 PM
EVO-to-G

quick little update.

exhaust sounds amazing in person...i love it. very deep, but not obnoxiously loud...fits the car perfect.

also about people who said it drones...to me it BARELY drones. maybe at like 2k RPM cruising it might...but im never at that anyway. Atleast coming from my old car which had full 3" cat-back/downpipe with test pipes and no resantors and that was super load and droned at times lol but this sounds perfect. No abnormal drone to me.

BUT...the one problem i have is that same problem people have been hearing with this exhaust. Same problem this guy had in this thread: https://www.myg37.com/forums/intake-...magnaflow.html
after i rev it and the revs drop theres that buzzing or rattleing or something noise...i might hear it too when i accelerate slightly but not positive yet. Other than that issue it sounds amazing. I did get a quick clip of it but it sounded like sh*t cause of that buzzing noise...i'll try and get a better clip tomorrow.
Old 03-30-2009, 11:47 PM
EVO-to-G

just posted some pics up in my first post.
Old 03-31-2009, 02:08 AM
NJlakeshoreG
Registered Member

pat you got a pm now bout the noise...didnt i tell you???

ur like my black twin lmao...
Old 03-31-2009, 02:24 AM
EVO-to-G

Originally Posted by NJlakeshoreG

nah when i asked if there were any problems with your magnflows you didn't mention it...i know some people have had this problem so i just hoped it would get resolved if i had it.

its funny cause i posted some pics of my car with the new wheels on my old Evo forum and some of the pics had both ours cars in them and someone called our cars the G37 ying yang twins lol
Old 03-31-2009, 09:21 AM
frcefed

Originally Posted by NJlakeshoreG

I'm going to be ordering this exhaust next week. Can you pm me regarding the noise also?

thx
Old 03-31-2009, 09:45 AM

Hey were did you buy your exhaust from?

Quick Reply: Magnaflow exhaust arrived today!! Video clips to follow!