Intake and Exhaust The ultimate forum to ask, discuss, and answer tech related questions regarding MyG37 intake and exhaust.

Magnaflow exhaust arrived today!! Video clips to follow!

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2009, 10:02 AM
EVO-to-G

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CVR Motorsports

its in bold on my first post lol there a vendor on here. Heres there thread...PM for the price: https://www.myg37.com/forums/support...-exhausts.html
Old 03-31-2009, 10:18 AM
EVO-to-G

updated first post with some extra review sections.
Old 03-31-2009, 11:11 AM
Csquared

The buzzing sound is normal, I had that sound too, with stock and HFCs, I got rid of the Accleration buzzing by using a magnaflow resonated X pipe, like in the FI exhaust. I still get a sound on deceleration but around 3krpm. but it seems like it's the flex joints leaking slightly. Look at all the clamp areas in your exhaust, it might be hitting something, I think our exhausts move quiet a bit.
Old 03-31-2009, 11:46 AM
EVO-to-G

Originally Posted by Csquared
The buzzing sound is normal, I had that sound too, with stock and HFCs, I got rid of the Accleration buzzing by using a magnaflow resonated X pipe, like in the FI exhaust. I still get a sound on deceleration but around 3krpm. but it seems like it's the flex joints leaking slightly. Look at all the clamp areas in your exhaust, it might be hitting something, I think our exhausts move quiet a bit.
well i had HFC and stock exhaust for a while and never heard the noise. It just started when i got my mangflow cat-back on.

NJLakeshoreG has magnaflows and he mentioned that theres a brace on the car that sits right under the exhaust and that it might be when the pipe shakes it rubs against it. Im gonna see when i have time and look into that.
Old 03-31-2009, 12:00 PM
Csquared

That brace is possibly the problem just use 1 washer or nuts and shimmy it down a little.
Old 03-31-2009, 12:42 PM
Team Punisher

Good choice.. I had 05 with BORLA.06 with STILLEN. 08 has MAGNAFLOW.. i also have noise. there's a thread on it .I get it when i down shift.. the DEALER and ALTERED ATMOSPHERE could not be sure what it was something about the way our cars breathe with certain aftermarket parts....Like you said a couple of HP no big deal for the price difference.
Old 03-31-2009, 01:19 PM
TomG37

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Hmm I'm really tempted to buy one of these, but I don't know if I would be able to live with the buzz noise.
Old 03-31-2009, 01:22 PM
Wicked_limitz
Registered Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
congrats on the exhaust! but wassup with CVmotorsports? they dont respond to pm's.
Old 03-31-2009, 01:24 PM
EVO-to-G

well if its true that its just the pipe rubbing against the under brace than that can be fixed alot of different ways. the exhaust itself sounds amazing...very deep, no rasp.

im gonna try and see if its that brace thats making that noise when i get a chance.
Old 03-31-2009, 01:25 PM
EVO-to-G

Originally Posted by Wicked_limitz
congrats on the exhaust! but wassup with CVmotorsports? they dont respond to pm's.
they've responded to all of my PM's when i was talking to them about the magnaflows. they usually check them quite often actually...maybe they overlooked it. send another or try posting on there thread here: https://www.myg37.com/forums/support...-exhausts.html
Old 03-31-2009, 01:35 PM
Wicked_limitz
Registered Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
i ordered brake pads from them on the 27th through paypal, PM'ed like 5 times and no response. i ordered through them cause they are from new york and shipping would be quick but im getting kinda annoyed since i mentioned that i needed them by this friday, looks like i wont get them in time lol
Old 04-03-2009, 11:45 AM
Gonkey

Originally Posted by TomG37
Hmm I'm really tempted to buy one of these, but I don't know if I would be able to live with the buzz noise.
I dont have this buzz noise ,I have Magnaflow Cat back but stock converters.Our cars will drone if you drive well below powerband and try to accelerate in too high a gear,easily averted by downshifting to appropriate gear. IMO this is very nice exhaust.
Old 04-03-2009, 12:11 PM
EVO-to-G

Originally Posted by Gonkey
I dont have this buzz noise ,I have Magnaflow Cat back but stock converters.Our cars will drone if you drive well below powerband and try to accelerate in too high a gear,easily averted by downshifting to appropriate gear. IMO this is very nice exhaust.
agreed...at 2k rpm or below and you try to accelerate, there will be drone. I personally don't find it annoying though lol
but as soon as you either downshift or rev up to 2.5k rpm, the drone is gone.

im still gonna try and see if the buzzing is from the under brace...hopefully i can get rid of it and then take some nice video clips.
Old 04-13-2009, 11:11 PM
EVO-to-G

UPDATE...VIDEOS FOUND HERE: https://www.myg37.com/forums/intake-and-e...tside-car.html
Old 04-16-2009, 04:25 PM
ixicsmixi

lol nice u look like iron man last of ur picture zzzz lol

Quick Reply: Magnaflow exhaust arrived today!! Video clips to follow!