Intake and Exhaust The ultimate forum to ask, discuss, and answer tech related questions regarding MyG37 intake and exhaust.

Review another invidia catback review

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2009, 05:52 AM
Arrowhead

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
another invidia catback review

I missed UPS on Mon and received my invidia on Tue. Today i finally had the chance to open it up and bring it to the shop to install. Since BB has done an excellent review, so i am gonna do a short one here. To bad there is one unsatisfaction on this exhaust....

Each piece was wrapped in a heavy duty plastic bag. The exhaust is a polished stainless finish...u can use it as a mirror! I have to agree with BB that this exhaust is just too beautiful to hide under the car. Also those fish scale welds on this exhaust are just soooo beautiful too. Great job!

The only one unsatisfaction is that there are 2 dents on the muffler when i took the muffler out of plastic bag. How in the earth the muffler got the dents...I was so exciting all the time and all the sudden there are dents on my new system!!?? I paid $80 to install but they wanted another $70 if i take it off and reinstall the stock back again....so i can only decide to keep installing the muffler. kinda sucks but Andy can u help me? do u think invidia will send me the new muffler to replace since it's already damaged? or I have to just live with it?

Overall the sound is nice and deep. It is a bit louder than stock when driving but idle is just as quiet as stock. I havent really had a chance to fire it up since i was driving on a local street with lots of traffic and cops around the corner. Car is in the garage ritenow. I am gonna wait to see how to work out this muffler thing first and then try the "depress/release" ECU reset and then do some videos later.

Everything is in the plastic bags.

Look at the quality! They are just sooooo beautiful!

See these welds! They really did a awesome jobs!

Under the car..

The muffler aligned perfectly.

Now here are dents on the muffler

Old 03-08-2009, 06:02 AM
gan78mao

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
no vids alan???
FAIL!!!! LOL jk

looks niceeee!!!
Old 03-08-2009, 06:03 AM
gan78mao

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
ohh and!..... sick license plate!! I LIKE IT!!

HAHAHAHA
Old 03-08-2009, 06:06 AM
jnguyen

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
look sexy man but man those dents ruin everything. hopefully andy chimes in soon but he off on weekends haha
Old 03-08-2009, 06:12 AM
Black Betty
Lexus Defector

Received 2,087 Likes on 1,267 Posts
Are the dents visible when it's mounted on the car? If not, I wouldn't worry about it or go through the trouble and expense of attempting to replace it personally.
Old 03-09-2009, 01:04 PM
Arrowhead

Originally Posted by gan78mao
ohh and!..... sick license plate!! I LIKE IT!! HAHAHAHA
LOL...alex...I know u will like it!! hahaha..but too bad it's not real. I was only fooling around and see how it looks. My wife will never let me do that! So where is ur special order from invidia ah? what's sooo different b/t yours and ours? tell me tell me...

Originally Posted by jnguyen
look sexy man but man those dents ruin everything. hopefully andy chimes in soon but he off on weekends haha
Yea man, hopefully andy has the solution for it...

Originally Posted by Black Betty
Are the dents visible when it's mounted on the car? If not, I wouldn't worry about it or go through the trouble and expense of attempting to replace it personally.
Yo BB, the dents are on the short pipe where it connected to the mid pipe on the passenger side...visible? yes if u r under the car; otherwise i can be just careless. Muffler was the last one to put it on. That's the reason why i decided to continue the installation and not pay to put the stock back.

I like this exhaust a lot for the price, sound, quality and performance compared to other pricy systems. It's only a bit disappointed that when u buy something new, u will be expecting it's in the excellent condition. And how many ppl will believe the UPS will actually stand there waiting for u to open the box and check the package?

Last edited by Arrowhead; 03-09-2009 at 01:19 PM.
Old 03-09-2009, 01:18 PM
Black Betty
Lexus Defector

Originally Posted by Arrowhead
LOL...alex...I know u will like it!! hahaha..but too bad it's not real. I was only fooling around and see how it looks. My wife will never let me do that!

Yea man, hopefully andy has the solution for it...

Yo BB, the dents are on the short pipe where it connected to the mid pipe on the passenger side...visible? yes if u r under the car; otherwise i can be just careless. Muffler was the last one to put it on. That's the reason why i decided to continue the installation and not pay to put the stock back.

I like this exhaust a lot for the price, sound, quality and performance compared to other pricy systems. It's only a bit disappointed that when u buy something new, u will be expecting it's in the excellent condition. And how many ppl will believe the UPS will actually stand there waiting for u to open the box and check the package?
I had UPS ninjas too. I've been sitting 15 feet from the door and when he delivers he used to ring the bell and sprint back to the truck faster than I could come to the door. I promptly called and had them send him back to my house and made him wait while I opened and inspected packages. That really pissed him off. I explained to him that he'd lose less time if he actually did his job and waited for me to answer the door instead of running away so fast to get his route finished and go home. Problem solved. Now he waits at least a reasonable time before leaving a package on the doorstep. He actually gave me his cell number and calls me before he gets to my house to save time! If I'm not home I tell him to leave it on the doorstep. We get along fine now.

I know what you mean about paying for a new item and getting it significantly damaged or not in fit condition. Bummer.

By short pipe, are you talking about the short section of curved piping where the piping comes out of the mid pipe and into the muffler itself?
Old 03-09-2009, 01:25 PM
aliiin
BMW Defector

Received 16 Likes on 10 Posts
dang that just sucks... i'd be pretty angry if i bought something brand new and it comes with unexpected damage... the damage isn't bad but it's the principle yanno? it's a brand new system and shouldn't have any major defects... i'm sure andy will chime in soon. gl to ya
Old 03-09-2009, 01:30 PM
Black Betty
Lexus Defector

The vendor didn't have anything to do with the damage itself, it was wither damaged at the manufacturer or during shipment. He couldn't possibly know it was damaged. You will have to file a damage claim with UPS (or whoever delivered it).
Old 03-09-2009, 01:33 PM
aliiin
BMW Defector

i thought it was who he bought it from? yeah i understand it wasn't the vendor who damaged them, but he is the middle man in communication with invidia?
Old 03-09-2009, 01:36 PM
Black Betty
Lexus Defector

Originally Posted by aliiin
i thought it was who he bought it from? yeah i understand it wasn't the vendor who damaged them, but he is the middle man in communication with invidia?
Any shipping damage claims have to be initiated by the recipient, not the shipper.
Old 03-09-2009, 01:38 PM
aliiin
BMW Defector

ahhhh good point
Old 03-09-2009, 02:19 PM
xlack
Registered Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
sweet! come out to the meets! i wanna hear that in person. Nice setup u got there
Old 03-09-2009, 04:45 PM
Arrowhead

By short pipe, are you talking about the short section of curved piping where the piping comes out of the mid pipe and into the muffler itself?
Yes...the short section of curved piping where connects to the mid pipe..
Old 03-09-2009, 05:25 PM
Arrowhead

Originally Posted by xlack
sweet! come out to the meets! i wanna hear that in person. Nice setup u got there
I will come to meet for sure if u r the one in ur avatar LOL

The vendor didn't have anything to do with the damage itself, it was wither damaged at the manufacturer or during shipment. He couldn't possibly know it was damaged. You will have to file a damage claim with UPS (or whoever delivered it).
Man i really dont want to deal with this kinda troubles..I will ASK UPS nicely to wait for me from now on. I want to see if andy can help; otherwise i guess i can only just eat it and move on.

Originally Posted by aliiin
dang that just sucks... i'd be pretty angry if i bought something brand new and it comes with unexpected damage... the damage isn't bad but it's the principle yanno? it's a brand new system and shouldn't have any major defects... i'm sure andy will chime in soon. gl to ya
The dents are not really a big deal since we dont see the exhaust most of the time. But yea it really kinda sucks...I guess it's just how i look at it and adjust my feeling...

Quick Reply: Review another invidia catback review