Intake and Exhaust The ultimate forum to ask, discuss, and answer tech related questions regarding MyG37 intake and exhaust.

XYZ pipe

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2009, 11:57 AM
joker37

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
XYZ pipe

I talked to tony from MD and he says the XYZ should preduce pretty good gains like on the g35. I asked him if hes dynoed but says he hasnt. He also said that the Shockwave, Gamma, & Hatari versions of the exhuast will be availbe this summer so I was thinking of getting the 1st peice of the puzzle.

Now has anyone put one on a stock G37? Im more interested in the sound when paired along with HFCs.

Im working a deal for my G37 and i got extra chash for the XYZ and HFCs but idk if its gonna sound like crap.

Any input on the XYZ?
Old 02-12-2009, 12:14 PM
vinnys coupe

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
UFO has this on his car and he is also looking foward to getting the full catback when its realesed. im sure its a great product!
Old 02-12-2009, 12:16 PM
joker37

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
yeah tony said mid summer so lets hope it dont take that long thanx for the input
Old 02-18-2009, 01:41 PM
ufo
Registered Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by joker37
I talked to tony from MD and he says the XYZ should preduce pretty good gains like on the g35. I asked him if hes dynoed but says he hasnt. He also said that the Shockwave, Gamma, & Hatari versions of the exhuast will be availbe this summer so I was thinking of getting the 1st peice of the puzzle.

Now has anyone put one on a stock G37? Im more interested in the sound when paired along with HFCs.

Im working a deal for my G37 and i got extra chash for the XYZ and HFCs but idk if its gonna sound like crap.

Any input on the XYZ?
I installed the Tanabe Medallion, then the xyz pipe with the resonator. I actually wanted the straight pipe not the resonator, but for some reason when I bought the xyz pipe they shipped it with the resonator. So then I ordered the straight pipe from Motordyne and swapped it out. The sound is good, I am happy with that, but I think the mid-pipe has to go because now I have 3" xyz pipe, 2.5" axle back, but the restrictive mid-pipe in between. I think I notice some modest HP/TQ gains, but this is strictly subjective. I have the BERK HFCs on order, so i'm waiting for someone to market a mid-pipe. I exchanged a few emails with Tony at Motordyne, got the same answer as you - mid summer possibly. When it's all said and done probably would have been better off going with a full catback system, both financially and performance, although both the Medallion and XYZ pipe are very high quality product, and I got good deals on both.

On the other hand I'm thinking about trading in the '08 and getting an '09 6mt, but I would probably lose big $$$ in doing so.
Old 02-19-2009, 09:31 PM
bboysteele
Premier Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
With the stock exhaust and Berk HFCs there really is little increase in power. I got this before it was released to the public from Tony and test fit it on the G37. It is a nice looking piece but with my previous setup it did not produce the numbers that it was rumored to produce. Tony did say that it would produce better numbers with 3 inch piping after the XYZ pipe and he was producing the Axle back pieces to get the better numbers. I decided to go with Fast Intentions instead. I didn't release the dynos on this product just because it was new and I was told it needed bigger piping to get the numbers promised. It was good for a X-pipe replacement though and cut down on the rasp from my HFCs. If anyone wants to buy the one I have for a decent price then let me know.