Intake and Exhaust The ultimate forum to ask, discuss, and answer tech related questions regarding MyG37 intake and exhaust.

Status Elite Intakes

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2009, 09:51 PM
aliiin
BMW Defector

Received 16 Likes on 10 Posts
yeah that is some mad hp gains...

were these done back to back to back on the same day?
Old 03-16-2009, 10:05 PM
heff

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
wowzaaaaaa, ppl buy these and dyno em lol we need more claims : )
Old 03-17-2009, 01:33 AM
Grider819

I saw these intakes in person at Hot Import Nights. They are awesome looking and super clean!
Old 03-17-2009, 01:34 AM
Grider819

The "Dry" carbon fiber also looks freaking money!
Old 03-17-2009, 02:04 AM
ucla bruin

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Dyno chart would help a lot to see how much gain across the band.
Old 03-17-2009, 02:06 AM
machinist

I'm really curious about how these puppies will performed compared to other intakes on the market
Old 03-17-2009, 02:17 AM
SilverRSXJezus

Already calling BS on the alleged gains for the Status Elite Intake. The ambient conditions for the tests must have been seriously altered for such a large difference in the power output, given that this is the same VQ37 as usual.
Old 03-17-2009, 02:25 AM
NIGHTLFEphantom

They should've made the videos while the dynos were taking place and showing the dyno charts from the computer screen on the video after each test.
Old 03-17-2009, 02:44 AM
Status Elite
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by SilverRSXJezus
Already calling BS on the alleged gains for the Status Elite Intake. The ambient conditions for the tests must have been seriously altered for such a large difference in the power output, given that this is the same VQ37 as usual.
Sorry Bro, it is what it is. We do make that much power. We disconnected the battery cables for 15 minutes, made sure no power was left in the vehicles system including the ECU. We did several dyno pulls so the ECU will adjust and advance timing accordingly to air intake. Then, we waited approximately 5-7 minutes to let the car cool down before we started testing. We did three pulles thereafter and found the average wheel horsepower of 271

Disconnected the battery cables once more. We then swapped intakes with the Status Elite Velocity Stacked Intakes. Total installation time was less than 15 minutes. Which allows the engine to cool down. We did several hard pulls on the dyno and its amazing how each pull we are able to hear the engine's VVEL change its pivot as it hits higher RPMs. One pull after another, you can hear the engine get stronger and stronger as the smart ECU compensates for the extra airflow. We achieved an average of 13whp for a total horsepower of 284.

We let the engine cool for 10 minutes and directed one fan per intake and we were able to achieve an average of 298whp as a simulation of high speed/freeway conditions. Most times, other manufactures will post the highest whp achieved using fans.

If you need more info on these intakes, shoot me a PMDOMO

Kevin
Old 03-17-2009, 04:10 AM
NIGHTLFEphantom

I believe Kevin. It seems like they know what they are doing in terms of technicality. Kevin, you guys should send me a set with CF pipes and I'll get before and after dyno charts also!!
Old 03-17-2009, 09:59 AM
jarborn1

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Wait so with stock 271whp and with Intake and "Highway Speed/ Freeway Conditions" it was 298whp??

Am i dreaming or does that say 27whp gain from an intake ?
Old 03-17-2009, 10:21 AM
Kidcane
Florida G Club

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
^^Yes and no. You are taking the bottom of the "non fan" run and then the top of the "with fan" run. You either have to go from the bottom of the "non fan" to the top of the "non fan" or from the bottom of the "with fan" to the top of the "with fan". Not really an accurate way to judge. I dont think they cant legitimately claim more than 13hp which is still very good.
Old 03-17-2009, 10:47 AM
SilverRSXJezus

Originally Posted by Status Elite
Sorry Bro, it is what it is. We do make that much power. We disconnected the battery cables for 15 minutes, made sure no power was left in the vehicles system including the ECU. We did several dyno pulls so the ECU will adjust and advance timing accordingly to air intake. Then, we waited approximately 5-7 minutes to let the car cool down before we started testing. We did three pulles thereafter and found the average wheel horsepower of 271

Disconnected the battery cables once more. We then swapped intakes with the Status Elite Velocity Stacked Intakes. Total installation time was less than 15 minutes. Which allows the engine to cool down. We did several hard pulls on the dyno and its amazing how each pull we are able to hear the engine's VVEL change its pivot as it hits higher RPMs. One pull after another, you can hear the engine get stronger and stronger as the smart ECU compensates for the extra airflow. We achieved an average of 13whp for a total horsepower of 284.

We let the engine cool for 10 minutes and directed one fan per intake and we were able to achieve an average of 298whp as a simulation of high speed/freeway conditions. Most times, other manufactures will post the highest whp achieved using fans.

If you need more info on these intakes, shoot me a PMDOMO

Kevin

Perhaps, but based on the pictures/descriptions, the intake design seems to be a short ram, yes? How are you guys dealing with heat soaking issues, because that will happen, and it's just a bit misleading I guess if heat soak issues aren't accounted for as well.

edit:

I also see that the dynos were done with the hood open.
Old 03-17-2009, 11:10 AM
slip66

For non tracked cars is heat soaking even a real factor?
Old 03-17-2009, 11:18 AM
SilverRSXJezus

Originally Posted by slip66
For non tracked cars is heat soaking even a real factor?
I'm not saying the G37 necessarily has that issue from the placement of its air filters, but it most definitely is an issue for just day to day driving. Once the engine heats up and the engine bay itself has become warm, all you're doing is sucking in much more warmer than usual than a CAI and as well as a stock intake since the SRI is simply an exposed filter element attached to a pipe. Various different cars, including my own, experience heat soak issues with SRI, which is why they are almost always avoided. They may be dyno'd in a fantastic manner as they can be given sufficient time to cool down, done with the hood up, fan blowing, achieving all the benefits of a CAI with cooler air upstream and less piping losses than a CAI, achieving greater than normal gains.

I'm only questioning the issue of heat soak with this apparent design.

Quick Reply: Status Elite Intakes