Intake and Exhaust The ultimate forum to ask, discuss, and answer tech related questions regarding MyG37 intake and exhaust.

FI cat back & HFC's= criminal summons

Search this Thread

Old 12-24-2008, 10:09 AM
bigpei

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by madmikeg37
they dont give fix it tickets for this, and secondly only the HFC's make it illegal.

Yea OK what kind of homework for a cat back should be done.

When I bought it there were 2 systems.

FI & Stillen. So not like I had alot of choice.

I can tell you if I had an idea that I would almost be locked for it NO THANKS.

no to mention you know damn well cops are gonna bust chops that's what they do.

With this exhaust expect to be harrased by local police/DMV this is the only mod I have.

Because you will never sell it, who is gonna put that on the car & then go to jail for it.

In NY its not an option, you have to go to criminal court & see a judge.

Try BS him & you'll wish you were never born.

Mike bro, you were just at the wrong place at the wrong time. ive had the HFCS and FI Exhaust for almost a year, and i have yet been pulled over for it. and i drive by queens, bk, and some of the most hottest spots for cops. you just had bad luck and ran into an ******* who didnt get the poon from his girl/wife. thats all.
Old 12-24-2008, 10:34 AM
EVO-to-G

i can't believe i just wasted my time reading all these pages.

dude...serisouly...you can't blame FI. Blame yourself for not knowing whats illegal and legal.

when i had my evo i had a fucckking loud exhaust. No cat, no resanator...just 3" all the way through and a very straight-through muffler. Sounded mean as hell. Bro, i got pulled over so many times for that thing...but did i get a ticket?? NO! Cause you gotta know how to talk to cops...i've gotten a "that things sounds like it should be on nascar" from a cop after he pulled me over and he was a sherrif too, but still no ticket.'

yea some cops are douchebags but whatever...deal with it.

One time i got pulled over for throwing a cigarette out my window...and then he mentioned my exhaust was too loud, and i had sh*t hanging from my mirror...I STILL DIDN'T GET A TICKET...so obiously you need to learn how to talk to the cops.

The best one was when i was smoking a cig and a drove by a cop...10 seconds later he's up my as* with his lights on...pulls me over and goes "as you drove by me you looked at me and you had your hands to your mouth...looked like you were smoking a joint". I told him I was smoking a cig and he was like step out...made me go behind my car and started flash lighting in my car. Good thing my ex-girl who i was with then...both her parents where cops in town so she called them and we got out. But that dude was a total douche!

----->take one and RELAX
Old 12-24-2008, 11:33 AM
aliiin
BMW Defector

Received 16 Likes on 10 Posts
Are you really 38? I am appalled by your statements about FI... Furthermore, I hope that you won't teach your kid to act like you just have. Eat the ticket and stop crying.
Old 12-24-2008, 11:37 AM
PSYH
Post Whore

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Um... yeah...
Old 12-24-2008, 02:09 PM
HamstersG

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by TicketProof
I have written exhaust tickets but only for EXTREMELY loud ones, i can tell the difference between a quality aftermarket exhaust and some kid attaching a Folgers can to the back of his car. If you came through my jurisdiction id probably stop you to chat about the car and send you on your way

BTW we dont have a Dunkin Donuts out here
Sorry I may just be out of the loop, but the Folgers comment made me laugh. And while not a cop, I love donuts. Best are Krispy Kreme fresh off the glaze waterfall.

Taught my kids to always be respectful of cops and keep their hands in plain sight so no one got nervous. He got stopped the other day in a safety road block for illegal tint (35% in a 50% state). He was nice and blamed the tint on his Dad (which was true) so he gave him a verbal warning and let him go.

Last edited by HamstersG; 12-24-2008 at 02:11 PM.
Old 12-24-2008, 02:09 PM
ChOy BoY

okay basically..here's my input..

madmike is a really cool guy, he's also not some young kid and i can vouch for him, being his age married with a kid. he never seeks trouble or anything like that, and his car is not REALLY loud, my HKS with HFC's is louder..

He's having such an attitude because he's just got bad luck, and bad tiiming with running into cops(he's posted stories on our forum), which is probably why he is so mad about this. Also the fact that he got a criminal court ticket instead of a fix it ticket which is nothing.
Old 12-24-2008, 02:16 PM
MaxToTheG37
Super Moderator w/ Boost

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
well He has logged on and Im sure he is read the responses... him not posting has just comfirmed that he was prolly mad and just lost his brains while typing on the forum and posting this thread... maybe he will apologize and we can all forgive his lapse of sense....casue we all have had times where we loose are brains while were pissed....

FI HFC's (you will thank me later)
Thought this was very ironic in diggin up your past posts....↑

Last edited by MaxToTheG37; 12-24-2008 at 03:06 PM.
Old 12-24-2008, 02:22 PM
HamstersG

Originally Posted by TomG37
It might get you out of a ticket.
So the wife comes in one day crying up a storm.....thought something terrible had happened.....well to her it had.....she got her first (and only so far) speeding ticket. She was guilty. In a moment of stupity, I told her that if she wasn't going to cry up a storm for the police then don't come home crying since it was too late. Did I ever pay for that memory lapse.

And yeah I have nothing better to do on Christmas eve. Whole family sick with flu and I am the gopher today.
Old 12-24-2008, 02:28 PM
HamstersG

Originally Posted by CHI-TOWN G37
You coud move to Illinois and pay off the judge.
Sorry, just thought I would throw that in there......
Thought that was only good in Chicago?
Old 12-24-2008, 02:44 PM
Ivoidwarranties
Premier Member

Received 28 Likes on 14 Posts
Everyone keeps saying it is illegal to replace your exhaust... What? It's not illegal. Where does it say you can not replace your exhaust? And replacing cats with high flow cats is not illegl either. Where are all you guys getting this stuff?

It's illegal to remove cats from a car that had cats from the factory and then drive it "on-road". And then a way loud exhaust can disturb the peace but all these parts are not illegal.
Old 12-24-2008, 02:51 PM
Graham
Premier Member

You obviously didn't read this then before you bought them.

"Pricing of the Intimidator High Flow CATS*
*Prices do not include applicable sales tax for CA customers.
Shipping cost is $25 anywhere in the continental US
Outside of Continental US sales are subject to additional shipping and handling charges.
Extra O2 bung and cap for wideband $20 additional per side
FOR OFF ROAD USE ONLY"

Take a look at the last few words. They are in BOLD and RED on their website. These are sold FOR OFF ROAD USE, it's your perogative to do with them as you want. I don't think you should be blaming a vendor for your lack of research. Go to site and see for yourself.
http://www.fastintentions.com/exhaus...ti_default.htm
Old 12-24-2008, 04:00 PM
FastIntentions
MYG37.COM Sponsor

Received 16 Likes on 10 Posts
Wow,

I have just read every single reply from the beginning and my eyes hurt.

I really don't feel the need at this point to state my case. All of you have done it for me!

However, I will still chime in on a few key things.

1) Mike bought the exhaust system through a vendor! (Not Fast Intentions)

2) Mike had a dealership in New York install it! (Not Fast Intentions)

3) Through his attitude and threats I have still tried to help him. If only I showed you all the derogatory emails he has sent me!

4) I sent him a letter in letterhead format last night stating the decibel level reading of the cat back exhaust system.

See the problem is, he needs to learn you will get much further in life asking instead of demanding. From his posts in this thread you have all gotten a glimpse of his attitude and personality.

He has the ability to be quite pleasant to deal with, however he has lets his emotions take completely over!!!

Here is to Mike: Grow up, be a man and take responsibility for your own actions. Next you will be TELLING me I need to go to your court date and talk to the judge for you!!!

If the vendor that you bought the exhaust system through did not tell you the details of legality then take it up with him. You have been making idol threats since day one because you did not get your exhaust system fast enough. This is even after you were told the turn around time!

I have spent over 10 hours either on the phone or through emails dealing with this. This is not a Fast Intentiosn Inc. problem! But, because we are about customer service I wanted to try and help you. You have taken this too far and now you are trying to come on here and bash me. I hope you see, that has gotten you nowhere!

I understand you are frustrated and want to put this behind you. However, blaming us (Fast Intentions) will not get you any further along. I should send you a bill for all of my time that you have wasted. Maybe someone should start a poll to see if we should bill you for all of the B.S. you have put me through.

Any takers?

To the rest of you, thank you for all of the continued support and business. We will continue to be here and give you the best product and customer service available. If anyone has any questions they can reach me at (818) 882-2788...

Thank you and Happy Holidays, Tony
Fast Intentions Inc.
Old 12-24-2008, 04:05 PM
G37Rider92649
Banned

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Seriously...nicely said FI!!!

O.P, I don't want to sound immature, buut duude its a exhuast hfc ticket, don't be a FVCKING PUSSSY man, holy shiet theres a certain extent to being a biitch, but hey man nothing against u, some people just is more down then others, if you get my drift. It's not like ur going to jail anyways or Probation!!! ITS JUST A TICKET, u aint no criminal, if u were u wouldnt be whinning
Old 12-24-2008, 04:22 PM
solopresident
Premier Member

http://www.stillen.com/product.asp?i...odel=G37%202DR

From stillens page on their HFC's

http://fastintentions.com/exhaust/in...ti_default.htm

Scroll to the bottom. Says for OFF Road USE ONLY in Red.

Last edited by solopresident; 12-24-2008 at 04:26 PM.
Old 12-24-2008, 04:25 PM
solopresident
Premier Member

Tony is a stand up guy. I know that through much of my own dealings with him. Bump for FI and great customer service.

Quick Reply: FI cat back & HFC's= criminal summons