Intake and Exhaust The ultimate forum to ask, discuss, and answer tech related questions regarding MyG37 intake and exhaust.

FI cat back & HFC's= criminal summons

Search this Thread

Old 12-24-2008, 01:42 AM
fireboy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i think your full of **** and over reacting for sure trust me i just busted for going 90 in a 65, plus window tint, plus front license plate plus this supposely exhaust that is ilegal. well not sure about nyc but virginia states that all after market exhaust are illegal. so let me tell you what easly faught and won. besides how can they determine what to load is do they have a DB meter in there car. did they test it. and i know my exhaust is a **** load louder than yours trust me...... all mine is a 30 dollar ticket....
Old 12-24-2008, 01:44 AM
fireboy

and also if you read your ticket about your exhaust that you bought i am sure it says on there that it is for off road use only ..... its standard if you get a real exhaust....
Old 12-24-2008, 02:22 AM
shumby

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Tony makes no bones about his HFC's and exhaust being for off road use only. Why bash him not his fault. He makes a good product and sells at a good price. FI FTW coll cops FTW. The way you presented yourself her FTL. Go to cort pay the fine. Stop crying. Cops have a hard job and it is easy to hate them cuz they usually are dealing with us when we have done somthing wrong or in stressful situations. that being said there is no way that you did not do something assenine to catch the attention of these cops.
Old 12-24-2008, 02:42 AM
AZg37
Premier Member

Received 46 Likes on 6 Posts
I just want to know who you are gonna call and rely on someday when you are in a crappy neighborhood again and get car jacked, or god forbid mugged or something. Are you gonna call those lazy pig cops that do nothing and just meet quotas??? This sounds like an EASY case to beet if you show up.
A) you were not speeding or acting an *** driving
B) they didn't test your exhaust for db levels
C) I doubt the cops will even show up on the court date for an exhaust ticket, even if they did, are they gonna testify "it sounded loud"??

how can a court hold up a ticket with zero proof/evidence? Calm your panties bro, tickets happen.

P.S> If you see jail time for this I'll give you my G.
Old 12-24-2008, 02:44 AM
sahiwal007

^ +1 theres no way you could go to jail for a loud exhuast
Old 12-24-2008, 02:49 AM
G37Sam
Administrator

Received 243 Likes on 193 Posts
wow those HFC's really make that much of a difference??? damn I'm getting mine ordered NOW!

P.S. how much did berk pay you to write this up? lol
Old 12-24-2008, 03:05 AM
MaxToTheG37
Super Moderator w/ Boost

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by G37Sam
wow those HFC's really make that much of a difference??? damn I'm getting mine ordered NOW!

P.S. how much did berk pay you to write this up? lol
That was a good one!!!
Old 12-24-2008, 03:23 AM
Ivoidwarranties
Premier Member

Received 28 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by madmikeg37
I basically got a criminal summons for LOUD EXHAUSt/UNREASONABLE NOISE.
Originally Posted by madmikeg37
I passed these 2 clowns at like 20 MPH, they were sitting in plain view.
Something doesn't add up. What's that stuff that comes out of a male cows butt?
Old 12-24-2008, 03:48 AM
NIGHTLFEphantom

Originally Posted by Ivoidwarranties
Something doesn't add up. What's that stuff that comes out of a male cows butt?
deformed babies...
Old 12-24-2008, 03:58 AM
Ivoidwarranties
Premier Member

Received 28 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by NIGHTLFEphantom
deformed babies...
Ewwww...
Old 12-24-2008, 04:21 AM
SkyzDaL1m1T

Originally Posted by TicketProof
well i guess im not going to change your opinion nor do i really care to try but to generalize an entire profession as corrupt based on a couple run ins with the police is pretty short sighted. As for me thinking you should kiss the feet of the cops, your wrong, i do expect people to return the same respect i give them but you have to realize that when your stopped your not the one running the show and even if you dont feel like your giving an attitude im sure your not being as polite as you make out to be and some cops will make you pay for that. Its life and at 38 you should know that by now. I say pay the ticket and hope for the best in the future or sell the exhaust and save yourself the possibility of future hassles.
+1 on that... im only 20 and for the last 4 years of driving with a license i finally came to my senses with cops about a year ago....i used to have that bad boy **** the cops attitude before and it only helped me get my license suspended....twice.....ever since i got rid of my audi and got the g i felt i should be more mature about being pulled over after all cops are humans as well sure theres a few *******s but most r just regular car nuts like ourselves....ive been pulled over four times in the last 3 months and just showing them respect they let me off the hook all four times and handed me my license an reg back....im pretty sure the OP was doing something wrong for them to pull him over doesnt matter the age...other then that basing your ticket and your issue on a reputable company that makes great performance parts is just immature....be a man and take the blame for yourself
Old 12-24-2008, 06:44 AM
ucla bruin

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
^wow, G37's changing the world, 1 person at a time.

To madmike:
Seems like you did not know that putting on that after market exhaust and HFC is ILLEGAL. Well-known fact to many, but I guess not all. You're getting a lot of heat because you're blaming a well-respected vendor with a quality product for the lack of your own knowledge.

And the whole thing about cops (which I think is your real issue), will anybody really admit it and say "yea I was being an *** to the cop that pulled me over, but still...."

Keep us updated, please.
Old 12-24-2008, 08:39 AM
NJlakeshoreG
Registered Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
all this jibber jabber is making my @$$ hurt
Old 12-24-2008, 09:26 AM
bfranks

Originally Posted by fireboy
besides how can they determine what to load is do they have a DB meter in there car. did they test it. and i know my exhaust is a **** load louder than yours trust me...... all mine is a 30 dollar ticket....
I don't know how it is in NY, but here they will give disturbing the peace and public nuisance tickets for things like car stereos and exhaust because it's up to "the discretion of the officer", and does not require them to test the DB. I've had either a stereo, exhaust, or both in every car I've ever owned since I was 18, and have only gotten 1 ticket for it. And like the OP, it was not a fix it ticket, I actually had to go in front of the judge. However the judge ended up lecturing the officer about wasting his time and dismissing my ticket.

And just to add.....both FI and Stillen both plainly state on their websites that these HFCs are "FOR OFFROAD USE ONLY". Hell....FI has it capitalized, underlined, and in red letters. What more did you want?
Old 12-24-2008, 09:49 AM
CHI-TOWN G37

You coud move to Illinois and pay off the judge.
Sorry, just thought I would throw that in there......

Quick Reply: FI cat back & HFC's= criminal summons