Intake and Exhaust The ultimate forum to ask, discuss, and answer tech related questions regarding MyG37 intake and exhaust.

FI cat back & HFC's= criminal summons

Search this Thread

Old 12-24-2008, 12:19 AM
Black Betty
Lexus Defector

Received 2,087 Likes on 1,267 Posts
Out of curiosity madmikeg37, how old are you? If you say over 17, I'm going to call .
You got a ticket for loud exhaust because you were probably being a public nuisance. I don't know that for a fact because I wasn't there, but that's what it sounds like. Did you give the officer lip or an attitude? Tell the truth.

I've traveled all over and loud exhausts are illegal just about everywhere but the guys who tend to get busted are usually the jerks who make a nuisance and draw attention to themselves.
Old 12-24-2008, 12:20 AM
TicketProof

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by madmikeg37
Ticketproof your a cop, do you know what a criminal summons is?

it's not some bs traffic ticket if it was why would I even care?
no dmv judge it's a real court with people going to jail for various things.

do you bust people for loud exhaust ???

great so when you pull me over in LI I get a pass.

go bust some real criminals & bad guys at the local dunkin doughts, it is the only time you guys move.
yes i do and im not sure how you ended up getting one for a vehicle equipment violation, unless you pissed the cops off and they wanted to make it hard for you,

I have written exhaust tickets but only for EXTREMELY loud ones, i can tell the difference between a quality aftermarket exhaust and some kid attaching a Folgers can to the back of his car. If you came through my jurisdiction id probably stop you to chat about the car and send you on your way

BTW we dont have a Dunkin Donuts out here
Old 12-24-2008, 12:22 AM
sTiLLBaLLiN37
Former Prez of LA G'Z

Received 24 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by TicketProof
yes i do and im not sure how you ended up getting one for a vehicle equipment violation, unless you pissed the cops off and they wanted to make it hard for you,

I have written exhaust tickets but only for EXTREMELY loud ones, i can tell the difference between a quality aftermarket exhaust and some kid attaching a Folgers can to the back of his car. If you came through my jurisdiction id probably stop you to chat about the car and send you on your way

BTW we dont have a Dunkin Donuts out here
LOL, wish there were more cops like you in So.Cal!
Old 12-24-2008, 12:22 AM
madmikeg37
Banned

you dont 'have' to go to court unless you want to contest the ticket or somehow you got yourself an appearance ticket for an exhaust violation which would only happen if you gave the cops a pile of s*it and they decided to hammer you for it.
I didn;t say not one single word to the cops.

As a matter of fact his & his rookie pal had nothing else to do they kept me stopped for like 45 minutes.

and for the last time it was a CRIMINAL SUMMONS FOR LOUD EXHAUST/UNREASONABLE NOISE.

Could they have given me a traffic ticket probably but pigs will be pigs I mean cops. FTL.

I hate Cops always on a power trip even on the net.
Old 12-24-2008, 12:23 AM
PSYH
Post Whore

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Because you will never sell it, who is gonna put that on the car & then go to jail for it.
Wait, in that case I'll gladly take it off your hands for free... I'll even pay the shipping cost!
Old 12-24-2008, 12:28 AM
TicketProof

I didn;t say not one single word to the cops.

As a matter of fact his & his rookie pal had nothing else to do they kept me stopped for like 45 minutes.

and for the last time it was a CRIMINAL SUMMONS FOR LOUD EXHAUST/UNREASONABLE NOISE.

Could they have given me a traffic ticket probably but pigs will be pigs I mean cops. FTL.

I hate Cops always on a power trip even on the net.
im actually trying to help you but if you want to call it a power trip then so be it. Im pretty sure and by pretty i mean 100% sure that you come off with an attitude towards cops just by the way you act here, and unfortunately for you some cops will give it back to you in the form of tickets, criminal summons, making you sit and wait, etc. Not saying its fair but theres not much you can do.

If i were you i would go to court plead guilty, pay the fine and advice the judge that you are in the process of getting the exhaust replaced. I would then take it easy on the throttle unless your in a remote area and be polite and humble if your stopped again, it may be hard but it will probably pay off in the end.

Last edited by TicketProof; 12-24-2008 at 12:32 AM.
Old 12-24-2008, 12:28 AM
Black Betty
Lexus Defector

By your posts here I can see it's very evident that you were respectful of the officers and they were just jerks because that's how all "pigs" are. They all have nothing better to do than harass poor little you.

Grow up. Learn what the hell you are doing modding your car. Learn some respect for the law and those who carry it out. Your life will be a little easier.
Old 12-24-2008, 12:29 AM
Blackjack
Super Moderator

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Pay to play... That's my motto. Pay the fine and walk.
Old 12-24-2008, 12:33 AM
madmikeg37
Banned

Originally Posted by Black Betty
Out of curiosity madmikeg37, how old are you? If you say over 17, I'm going to call .
You got a ticket for loud exhaust because you were probably being a public nuisance. I don't know that for a fact because I wasn't there, but that's what it sounds like. Did you give the officer lip or an attitude? Tell the truth.

I've traveled all over and loud exhausts are illegal just about everywhere but the guys who tend to get busted are usually the jerks who make a nuisance and draw attention to themselves.
Im 38 with a wife and a 3yr old and was on my way to get an inspection (was in a bad neighborhood near my job) I didnt do ANYTHING TO PROVOKE THEM.

This is not the first time in my life I have been pulled over, I know how to conduct myself.

I didnt even get to say a word they just asked for my lic & reg.

the only way I could have went slower was on a bicycle.

I passed these 2 clowns at like 20 MPH, they were sitting in plain view.

So If your calling me a jerk for that than I am a jerk.
Old 12-24-2008, 12:36 AM
Black Betty
Lexus Defector

Im 38 with a wife and a 3yr old and was on my way to get an inspection (was in a bad neighborhood near my job) I didnt do ANYTHING TO PROVOKE THEM.

This is not the first time in my life I have been pulled over, I know how to conduct myself.

I didnt even get to say a word they just asked for my lic & reg.

the only way I could have went slower was on a bicycle.

I passed these 2 clowns at like 20 MPH, they were sitting in plain view.

So If your calling me a jerk for that than I am a jerk.
Maybe you should stop banging the officer's wife and he wouldn't have it in for you?

Old 12-24-2008, 12:37 AM
TicketProof

at 20mph i cant imagine your car was making much noise, if they stopped you for the exhaust i think they would have to at least hear it at a point where its loud

i dont think anyone's calling you a jerk but you came on here slamming a reputable vendor and then go on to repeatedly trash the police which im sure some agree with but other dont. If you want advice then calm down and ask, im happy to provide whatever i can to people who have traffic law related questions, but its not easy when someone basically calls me corrupt and power hungry.

Last edited by TicketProof; 12-24-2008 at 12:40 AM.
Old 12-24-2008, 12:37 AM
TomG37

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Age means nothing, if you get pulled over with the "**** these pigs" attitude you are going to get tickets. Some cops are **** and go on power trips whenever they can, but there is really nothing you can do besides remain calm and fight the tickets with a good lawyer.

I don't think its right that you post about how the FI is a terriable exhaust, I think you are just directing your anger at them because they are easy to blame.
Old 12-24-2008, 12:38 AM
TomG37

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
at 20mph i cant imagine your car was making much noise, if they stopped you for the exhaust i think they would have to at least hear it at a point where its loud
MPH means nothing, I could be going 20mph in first gear with the car screaming.
Old 12-24-2008, 12:39 AM
G37Rider92649
Banned

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Criminal Summons for an exhaust / hfc??? That aint shiet.......LOL...face the judge and smile
Old 12-24-2008, 12:41 AM
sahiwal007

the FI with HFC's arent that even crazy loud, i dont know why would they pull you over for loud exhuast, you were prob at 5-6 rpm lol

Quick Reply: FI cat back & HFC's= criminal summons