Intake and Exhaust The ultimate forum to ask, discuss, and answer tech related questions regarding MyG37 intake and exhaust.

is injen intake illegal?

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2008, 10:46 PM
sTiLLBaLLiN37
Former Prez of LA G'Z

Received 24 Likes on 3 Posts
^^^ It varies state to state. If you don't have a CARB cerified intake, it's ILLEGAL in Cali.
Old 12-04-2008, 10:48 PM
AvosG37

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Omg! Everything is illegal in cali.
Old 12-04-2008, 10:49 PM
Heat

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I was just responding to his comment that all aftermarket parts are illegal, which is almost everything in Cali anyways but his post was very general and wrong. Especially since he is in TX.
Old 12-04-2008, 10:49 PM
SkyzDaL1m1T

i heard if ur armenian and live in burbank its illegal to put on an injen intake cuz they will take u in for DWA
Old 12-04-2008, 10:50 PM
aliiin
BMW Defector

Received 16 Likes on 10 Posts
i was being sarcastic sorry
Old 12-04-2008, 10:51 PM
Heat

Originally Posted by aliiin
i was being sarcastic sorry

OOPS, sry then. It sounded serious.
Old 12-04-2008, 10:58 PM
sTiLLBaLLiN37
Former Prez of LA G'Z

Received 24 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by SkyzDaL1m1T
i heard if ur armenian and live in burbank its illegal to put on an injen intake cuz they will take u in for DWA
Old 12-04-2008, 11:20 PM
DetroitG37Joe

man cali and some states are just so environmentally conscious - in Michigan - home of the Motor City (no bailout jokes please) we have no emissions law or car inspections requirements whatsoever. As long as your car does not smoke excessively or make noise to the point where it's a disturbance - you're fine! You would never get at ticket for intake here - and for exhaust you only would get a noise violation if it was audibly obnoxious.
Old 12-04-2008, 11:36 PM
SkyzDaL1m1T

Originally Posted by DetroitG37Joe
man cali and some states are just so environmentally conscious - in Michigan - home of the Motor City (no bailout jokes please) we have no emissions law or car inspections requirements whatsoever. As long as your car does not smoke excessively or make noise to the point where it's a disturbance - you're fine! You would never get at ticket for intake here - and for exhaust you only would get a noise violation if it was audibly obnoxious.
sounds like my straight pipes lol
Old 12-04-2008, 11:46 PM
vinnys coupe

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
they might be able to F you over if you get pulled over racing or speeding.

My friend just got caught playing with some1, and they did give him some type of muffler fine just bc his exhaust, and like 8 other tickets, so im sure they can make one up for you.
Old 12-04-2008, 11:48 PM
aliiin
BMW Defector

Received 16 Likes on 10 Posts
^^^ sure but then you can go to court and dispute the hell out of the bullsh!t ones
Old 12-05-2008, 12:36 AM
AvosG37

loll. im armenian! copss hate armenians here. all armenians drive fast on streets.
Old 12-05-2008, 02:41 AM
Meltdownblitz
Registered Member

Originally Posted by DetroitG37Joe
That sounds right to me as far as LV goes. I didn't know intakes were illegial. I used to have an Injen intake on my Tibby when I had one before my G. My buddy is a cop explorer and he has an Injen intake on his car, I think he would know if they were illegial.. Maybe its only cali or maybe were one of the 2 states that are legal..?? Prob not.. lol.

So to be CLEAR, ANY intake is illegial?? ... or certain brands.. or whats the deal? Does anyone know?

Originally Posted by AvosG37
loll. im armenian! copss hate armenians here. all armenians drive fast on streets.
^^ Hahaha thats funny.
Old 12-05-2008, 06:50 AM
QBagent08

Originally Posted by Black Betty
Your comment about the police may not be taken so kindly be the several members of our forum who are law enforcement officers. I bet they're only a-holes when they're giving you a ticket for doing something against the law, right? They're probably pretty cool when they are protecting your car or family I'd guess...
totally off topic but fire Les Miles .... Why he's no more than 2 year removed from a national title. Didn't have a great year but what can you aspect playing in the tough SEC with an unproven young Quarterback. I guess coaches have to go to the BCS every year to validate there job security. all these coaches getting fired and "steping down" Tommy Tuberville, Phillip Fulmer people need to relax a little.

Oh yea the intake hopefully you have no reason to find out either way lol

Last edited by QBagent08; 12-05-2008 at 09:20 AM.
Old 12-05-2008, 09:45 AM
Heat

Originally Posted by QBagent08
totally off topic but fire Les Miles .... Why he's no more than 2 year removed from a national title. Didn't have a great year but what can you aspect playing in the tough SEC with an unproven young Quarterback. I guess coaches have to go to the BCS every year to validate there job security. all these coaches getting fired and "steping down" Tommy Tuberville, Phillip Fulmer people need to relax a little.

Oh yea the intake hopefully you have no reason to find out either way lol
Talk about football in the Lounge.

Quick Reply: is injen intake illegal?