Intake and Exhaust The ultimate forum to ask, discuss, and answer tech related questions regarding MyG37 intake and exhaust.

Injen Intake HP Guarantee

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-2008, 07:16 PM
sTiLLBaLLiN37
Former Prez of LA G'Z

Received 24 Likes on 3 Posts
Either way, this thread is gonna blow up.. beware LOL...
Old 11-19-2008, 07:17 PM
NeverBoneStock
Premier Member

Received 69 Likes on 56 Posts
Originally Posted by sTiLLBaLLiN37
Either way, this thread is gonna blow up.. beware LOL...
I know ....
Old 11-19-2008, 07:39 PM
Kidcane
Florida G Club

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Tic toc tic toc
Old 11-24-2008, 08:27 PM
CrazyRuskie
Crazy Russian Super Mod

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Results?!
Old 11-24-2008, 11:08 PM
Skyline-LEXY

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
totally forgot about this...

^^ 1+ w/ result?
Old 11-24-2008, 11:36 PM
EVO-to-G

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
^^ what they said
Old 11-24-2008, 11:41 PM
NeverBoneStock
Premier Member

Sorry for the delay guys .. Surgeline/Cobb want to dyno and make maps for the stillen headers first .Which are being put on 11/25 and tuned on 11/26 . After that the Injens go on and we shall see the results ... Once again sorry should of updated ...
Old 11-25-2008, 12:52 AM
EVO-to-G

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
nice nice...interested to see what the headers do and also how the injens turn out.

good luck

by the way...changing out the headers won't void the warrenty for anything else would it? besides the headers not being warrentied and the exhaust...right?
Old 11-25-2008, 08:47 AM
NeverBoneStock
Premier Member

Originally Posted by EVO-to-G
nice nice...interested to see what the headers do and also how the injens turn out.

good luck

by the way...changing out the headers won't void the warrenty for anything else would it? besides the headers not being warrentied and the exhaust...right?
The headers or any other bolt on will not void warranty . I caution you though , if you start having engine or tranny problems the dealer or nissan might say its due to your mods. I had a 06 350z with oil consumption issues and nissan said it was due to my mods. 3 engines and one attorney later I am rolling a 08 G37 . It could be a headache . Good luck !!!
Old 12-03-2008, 12:04 AM
NeverBoneStock
Premier Member

Sorry for the delay, but just got back from COBB not too long ago.
As promised, I will talk about the install, hp and torque gain or loss.
Install: First of all, the intakes are by far the best looking intakes I have ever seen. I opted for the black finish and they arrived in flawless condition. As far as install, not so flawless. First of all, the instructions and the black and white pictures are pretty bad. The instructions tell you to take off the front bumper, don't specifically tell you how to do it. Thankfully, myG37.com has a diy section for this. If they didn't, I would have been screwed. So after taking off the bumper, it said to take off the washer reservoir bottle off, I did. After that it says to relocate the horn which I did. Then, it says to look for the silver metal plate with three prongs on the passenger side. I couldn't find it... It says, "These clips hold the plastic resonator box in place". Once again, couldn't find it. It also says to repeat on the driver side. I couldn't find it. Then, it says to remove the front two air scoops which I did. After that, it was on to install the actual intakes themselves. If you have installed intakes before, nothing new. They are just intakes. After the intakes were installed and made sure there was room and nothing touching, I installed the filters. Filters went in without any problems. I know there has been lots comments about water getting in or on the filter. To solve that, I put on Injen's hydro shields. It rains a lot here in Portland. After that, I reinstalled their smaller reservoir bottle. Made sure all lines were connected, nothing rubbing or touching. And reinstalled the front bumper. Now for the guys that installed these intakes without removing the front bumper, my hats off to you. I couldn't have done it without doing that.
All in all, it took about 5 hours for the complete install. I have to admit, they look really damn good. So, it looks good. Does it produce any hp? Off to Surgeline I went today. Instead of boring you guys with the details, they made power. A lot of power. In Tims own words, "I don't believe it". These intakes continued to make power on every pull. After we were done, Tim called Trey Cobb to tell him the news. Cobb told him to tweak it and make more hp. And here is the dyno.

Also, forgot to mention after Tim said he didn't believe it he thought there was something wrong with his dyno. So, he re-calibrated it again. And guess what?? Same numbers. So, yeah the Injen intakes with my mods complimenting each other and a proper tune produce hp. I have a lots of pics of install, but unfortunately, I have to go to photo bucket to upload...I'm too lazy right now.

Last edited by NeverBoneStock; 01-23-2009 at 10:32 PM.
Old 12-03-2008, 12:07 AM
sTiLLBaLLiN37
Former Prez of LA G'Z

Holy ****!!!!!! Nice @$$ gains dude! Congrads!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 12-03-2008, 12:09 AM
sTiLLBaLLiN37
Former Prez of LA G'Z

Looks like the REAL gains start up top like the rest of the intakes, at 6.4K... hmmm

I wonder how much the headers affected the #'s on these...
Old 12-03-2008, 12:14 AM
G37Sam
Administrator

Received 243 Likes on 193 Posts
Hmmm so with a proper tune you can produce HP gains on an injen intake.. without a tune.. forget about them..
Injen should start giving out free Cobb AP's then with their intakes
Old 12-03-2008, 12:15 AM
G37Sam
Administrator

Received 243 Likes on 193 Posts
oh and i forget to mention
IM JEALOUS OF THOSE NUMBERS lol
congrats bro.. you should do a 1/4 mile run
Old 12-03-2008, 12:40 AM
sTiLLBaLLiN37
Former Prez of LA G'Z

I can see their next advertisement scheme "Free Cobb AP with purchase of Injen CAI, GUARANTEED!" lol I would jump on that

Quick Reply: Injen Intake HP Guarantee