Intake and Exhaust The ultimate forum to ask, discuss, and answer tech related questions regarding MyG37 intake and exhaust.

STILLEN Generation 3 intake!!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-2008, 05:28 PM
DanMardik

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by SubSurface
On October 15, 2008, I called and spoke to Ken @ Ext 185 about the Stillen Gen 3 Upgrade for the Infiniti G 37. Ken told me that it is a great deal, “Purchase the upgrade kit, and once this is shipped, you will have 30 days to return the replaced parts (consisting of two filters, air boxes, clamps, etc) from your Generation 2 kit and your car will be credited with the purchase amount, less shipping.” I asked three (3) times if this was a refund and Ken replied in the affirmative all three (3) times. So, I placed the order and received it on October 20, 2008. On the same day, October 20, I returned the designated parts by FedEx, tracking number 784927810005689. I have a proof of delivery dated October 24.

When I opened my credit card statement today, I did not see the promised refund. Called Ken @ Ext. 185 and inquired about my return and refund and after a pause of approximately 20 seconds, I asked “are you still there?” Ken then responded that he had misunderstood the details of the upgrade offer at the time of our October 15 conversation and that the credit was a store credit. That is not what I was originally told and Ken apologized for his mistake.

The only reason that I consented to the upgrade was that I was repeatedly assured that it was free, less shipping and that my credit card would be credited with the purchase amount. At this time I am challenging the honesty and integrity of Stillen. I do not want a store credit, because Stillen has been removed from my list of credible merchants.

Disgusted with Stillen.
eek! They better clean this up for you and give you a refund immediately! If Ken agreed that he made a mistake then he should be the one liable for his mistake not you.

I've always been skeptical about Stillen.. now even more of a reason.
Old 11-26-2008, 06:02 PM
shumby

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
^^^ hmmmmmmmmmmm?
Old 11-26-2008, 06:07 PM
ucla bruin

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
So what was Ken's response when you told him that you guys had agreed on full refund? Surely, he is not expecting you to pay for his mistake? Keep us posted please.
Old 11-26-2008, 06:13 PM
RedG37SNC

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Updating my recession book of wisdom...

52. Don't use her condoms, bring your own.
53. Don't get into a group buy with 70 people and a small vendor.
54. Don't pay up front with a promise of refund later.
Old 11-26-2008, 06:51 PM
kyle@stillen
Former Sponsor

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by SubSurface
On October 15, 2008, I called and spoke to Ken @ Ext 185 about the Stillen Gen 3 Upgrade for the Infiniti G 37. Ken told me that it is a great deal, “Purchase the upgrade kit, and once this is shipped, you will have 30 days to return the replaced parts (consisting of two filters, air boxes, clamps, etc) from your Generation 2 kit and your car will be credited with the purchase amount, less shipping.” I asked three (3) times if this was a refund and Ken replied in the affirmative all three (3) times. So, I placed the order and received it on October 20, 2008. On the same day, October 20, I returned the designated parts by FedEx, tracking number 784927810005689. I have a proof of delivery dated October 24.

When I opened my credit card statement today, I did not see the promised refund. Called Ken @ Ext. 185 and inquired about my return and refund and after a pause of approximately 20 seconds, I asked “are you still there?” Ken then responded that he had misunderstood the details of the upgrade offer at the time of our October 15 conversation and that the credit was a store credit. That is not what I was originally told and Ken apologized for his mistake.

The only reason that I consented to the upgrade was that I was repeatedly assured that it was free, less shipping and that my credit card would be credited with the purchase amount. At this time I am challenging the honesty and integrity of Stillen. I do not want a store credit, because Stillen has been removed from my list of credible merchants.

Disgusted with Stillen.
Hey Dan,

Please check your voicemail...Our sales manager called you a little while ago. We'd like to clear up this misunderstanding immediately and get your money back.

Sorry for the confusion!
Old 11-27-2008, 03:19 AM
christian655321

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Hey Kyle,

I was one of the first people to have the Gen 3 intake installed on my car. The same thing happened to me when I called about my refund. "I'm sorry there has been some confustion but the refund is a credit not a cash refund" If I didnt have everything Stillen already on my car, I would definatley be using the credit. Anyway, can also be given a refund instead of a credit, that is how is was explained to me when I placed my order on the phone.

Thanks,
Christian Guerrero.
Old 11-27-2008, 03:30 AM
MaxToTheG37
Super Moderator w/ Boost

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
guys... this isnt the thread to be talkin about refunds... email Kyle if you have problems... he will take care of you... This thread has gone far enough...

If you need to discuss the Stillen Intakes... make a specific thread.

And PLEASE... before you starting publically bashing STILLEN... Email Kyle and talk to him.... He will take care of things and you wont have to jump the gun to post stuff that can/should be handled via email.

thanks guys/gals