Intake and Exhaust The ultimate forum to ask, discuss, and answer tech related questions regarding MyG37 intake and exhaust.

STILLEN Generation 3 intake!!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2008, 06:22 PM
PSYH
Post Whore

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I'm sensing a little bit of jealousy...
Old 10-08-2008, 06:25 PM
kyle@stillen
Former Sponsor

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
OK Guys,

We have two candidates...If the moderators would like to make this poll feel free. I would like to open this up to the masses a little bit to get opinions on what will appease you guys haha. There is no point in us giving away a product if the review won't be seen as fair, impartial, or professional.

Candidate 1: bboysteele-

Bboy seems to have a lot of experience with performance testing and seems to know his stuff. He lives in Colorado (altitude might be a factor/thought???) He currently has an exhaust and high flow cats. Bboy is a moderator or "staff member" so some of you might lose your minds...

Candidate 2: stillballin-

Stillballin' has no mods at this time and lives in California. He has no affiliation to the forum other than being a member. He seems to know what it takes to perform the tests we're asking for and seems to know what he's talking about.

We will make a final selection ASAP.
Old 10-08-2008, 06:29 PM
RedG37SNC

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Hum how about both.. be a chance to see how they perform both stock which would be the truest picture and then also after exhaust mods which are where we're all going anyway. If there can only be one... then stock has to win..IMHO... sorry my springs brother
Old 10-08-2008, 06:30 PM
shumby

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
I am bias and say bboy because he has the same set up as me.
Old 10-08-2008, 06:30 PM
vinnys coupe

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
ok cool ez dozzit. Very honest guy. Good seller, hopefully same through these intakes.
Old 10-08-2008, 06:36 PM
NeverBoneStock
Premier Member

Received 69 Likes on 56 Posts
Originally Posted by kyle@stillen
OK Guys,

We have two candidates...If the moderators would like to make this poll feel free. I would like to open this up to the masses a little bit to get opinions on what will appease you guys haha. There is no point in us giving away a product if the review won't be seen as fair, impartial, or professional.

Candidate 1: bboysteele-

Bboy seems to have a lot of experience with performance testing and seems to know his stuff. He lives in Colorado (altitude might be a factor/thought???) He currently has an exhaust and high flow cats. Bboy is a moderator or "staff member" so some of you might lose your minds...

Candidate 2: stillballin-

Stillballin' has no mods at this time and lives in California. He has no affiliation to the forum other than being a member. He seems to know what it takes to perform the tests we're asking for and seems to know what he's talking about.

We will make a final selection ASAP.
BBoy also has JWT for intakes ... MY car is being tuned by a COBB tuner for the access port .I could actually have these things put on the car dyno than have it tuned and dyno again for tuned power... MMMM not hating BBoy but why not ????? Also have the same set up as he does too ..
Old 10-08-2008, 06:37 PM
shumby

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
ok Now i say neverbonestock. Man i seem like i shuld be running for office how i change my mind.,
Old 10-08-2008, 06:44 PM
finagle69

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
i'd go with Stillballin or someone else (like me) who can be completely stock for dyno's.
Old 10-08-2008, 06:50 PM
ucla bruin

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I think it should be someone with a decent level of reasoning that is able to present the result in a logical and comprehensive fashion.

If it's going out of CA, I'd nominate Black Betty. I like Bboy's reviews but he has JWT, as someone pointed out, while Black Betty is stock.

It you're looking for a QUICK response to get it done ASAP in CA, I can think of a few others that will be able to both get it done as soono as this weekend, AND represent Stillen's product from a more professional standpoint.
Old 10-08-2008, 06:58 PM
Kidcane
Florida G Club

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
I said it before, Stillballin likes to punch babies and Bboy is actually a mobster in witness relocation. Are those the types you want representing your brand?

I kid of course.
Old 10-08-2008, 08:44 PM
chris9012

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
stillballin should do it cuz hes STOCK
Old 10-08-2008, 09:05 PM
Black Betty
Lexus Defector

Received 2,087 Likes on 1,267 Posts
Originally Posted by ucla bruin
I think it should be someone with a decent level of reasoning that is able to present the result in a logical and comprehensive fashion.

If it's going out of CA, I'd nominate Black Betty. I like Bboy's reviews but he has JWT, as someone pointed out, while Black Betty is stock.

It you're looking for a QUICK response to get it done ASAP in CA, I can think of a few others that will be able to both get it done as soono as this weekend, AND represent Stillen's product from a more professional standpoint.
Thanks for the vote of confidence but I wouldn't be interested. For one, I am a vendor here and I think that brings about bias or at least the appearance of bias. I know how this crowd can get if they think there's an agenda, whether there truly is or not. Also, I have aftermarket exhaust (Tanabe) and IMO that will skew raw numbers. Why it would be tested on a car that has engine/exhaust mods is beyond my comprehension. Am I the only one that recalls the Injen dynos and the crap that ensued with everyone claiming that the numbers weren't true because of other mods on the car that were dyno tested along with the intake? It's kind of like timing a sprinter in the 100M when he starts 10 to 20M past the start line. I don't care who it is as long as they have no other power mods on the car whatsoever and can write a good review with clear installation photos and maybe video.
Old 10-08-2008, 09:13 PM
VRG37S

Received 44 Likes on 42 Posts
Vote for STILLBALLIN he is bone stock and will produce the best accurate numbers for how much just the intake produces... He will be great to work with and you won't regret it.. Bump for STILLBALLIN......
ucla bruin

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
It'd be more fun (and perhaps a more fair representation of what the forum recommends instead of the mods, no offense to the mods, but I think that was the originally intend, for Stillen to pick what the forum wanted) if Stillen opened it up for the forum members to suggest/vote on people
NeverBoneStock
Premier Member

Received 69 Likes on 56 Posts
I also think that people with mods should also see if there is any benefit for them too.. So Bboy should have some interesting results. Hopefully something positive!

Quick Reply: STILLEN Generation 3 intake!!!