Intake and Exhaust The ultimate forum to ask, discuss, and answer tech related questions regarding MyG37 intake and exhaust.

STILLEN Generation 3 intake!!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2008, 02:46 PM
Team STILLEN
Former Sponsor

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by OMG37
I wish threads like this weren't even started until dyno's and pricing was available. This just spawns this type of discussion, making the original thread title useless to anyone actually interested in information about the product.

It's not like sponsors haven't seen this before...don't post your product claiming any type of gains unless you can post information related to those statistics. Thanks.
Price is $498.. It's been there since the launch.

Dyno Sheet: HERE, also been there since the launch.

We're going a step further and providing an intake to a trusted member for independent evaluation and dyno. Not sure how much more we can do?

We have a G37 in the shop now with the intakes installed, looking to grab a quick video clip with sound if possible if the owner is willing, we can post that as soon as possible.

We're trying to be as accommodating as we can..
Old 10-08-2008, 02:48 PM
OMG37

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thanks Kyle. I stand corrected.

Actually I'm just interested in seeing how this setup up looks through an OEM grill.
Old 10-08-2008, 02:49 PM
shumby

So who is the tester?
Old 10-08-2008, 02:50 PM
krayzrac3r

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Actually I'm just interested in seeing how this setup up looks through an OEM grill.
well it shouldnt really show through the grill considering it has those covers that prevent water and debris going in.
Old 10-08-2008, 02:52 PM
kyle@stillen
Former Sponsor

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

We have a black G37 in the shop right now getting the AP brakes, intake, sway bars, and more installed but it has our cross-bar grill.

We have another customer coming in this afternoon though and he has the standard grill I believe, I will try to get some pix of it...If not, we have someone else coming down on Friday and we'll see what kind of grill he has.
Old 10-08-2008, 02:57 PM
MaxToTheG37
Super Moderator w/ Boost

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by shumby
^^^ MaxToThecrankypants.
Wrong... MaxTothe****mypants

Originally Posted by Seer
playing devil's advocate, the tester should be someone not chosen by the moderators at all (keep in mind, I hardly know anyone on here). Reason said, is Stillen is a "paying" sponsor, and site staff are ones who receive said contribution.
Wrong again.

Originally Posted by gamedog
Wow... Didn't want you to delete my posts nooooow... Just wanted an answer as to why Forum Moderators would do that...
It was a good point... if someone needs to file a complaint they need to voice it in the right area....so again... good post!
Originally Posted by Black Betty
Moderators aren't paid a dime, it's voluntary.

Why the hell is everyone bitching about who gets picked or how they get picked? My god what a bunch of bitch'n'moaners! Just be glad that Stillen is making this offer to our forum and that it's going to be an independent 3rd party dyno. My bigger concerns are that it be done well and independent of any other mods that could affect numbers. Why is everyone so concerned who does it so long as it's an unbiased test with valid results? Half this thread or more (including this post) is about BS having nothing to to with Stillen's intake or it's performance but interpersonal garbage. Just do the damn dyno already! And post it in a new BS-free thread plese so I dont have to wade through all this crap to see any real information.
+1 on BS free Thread!

Originally Posted by Kidcane
Man this thread has gone down hill. Bunch of crying about not being picked for a free intake....WOW! There are probably 10-20 people on here who would be good candidates but they can only pick one...deal with it. Bitchassesness at its finest.
When it boils down to it... thats what it was... so I agree 100%...
Originally Posted by CHI-TOWN G37
^^Really, or just buy one and do your own testing. What's the big deal?
+1,000,000
Old 10-08-2008, 03:01 PM
Seer

Originally Posted by Black Betty
Moderators aren't paid a dime, it's voluntary.

Why the hell is everyone bitching about who gets picked or how they get picked? My god what a bunch of bitch'n'moaners! Just be glad that Stillen is making this offer to our forum and that it's going to be an independent 3rd party dyno. My bigger concerns are that it be done well and independent of any other mods that could affect numbers. Why is everyone so concerned who does it so long as it's an unbiased test with valid results? Half this thread or more (including this post) is about BS having nothing to to with Stillen's intake or it's performance but interpersonal garbage. Just do the damn dyno already! And post it in a new BS-free thread plese so I dont have to wade through all this crap to see any real information.
the website brings in a revenue from sponsors advertising dollars.

Moderators carry out whats in the best interest for the website, not bashing or creating drama, just pointing out an obvious connection

and in reply to Max's comment of me being "wrong again", I only made 1 comment in this thread... so I can't be wrong again. And also, I'm not wrong, the website generates a revenue from paying sponsors, that was my point, the end.

Last edited by Seer; 10-08-2008 at 03:05 PM.
Old 10-08-2008, 03:03 PM
shumby

Ok So Who Is The Tester?
Old 10-08-2008, 03:08 PM
CHI-TOWN G37

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I thought you'd never ask......
Old 10-08-2008, 03:08 PM
MaxToTheG37
Super Moderator w/ Boost

Originally Posted by Seer
the website brings in a revenue from sponsors advertising dollars.

Moderators carry out whats in the best interest for the website, not bashing or creating drama, just pointing out an obvious connection

and in reply to Max's comment of me being "wrong again", I only made 1 comment in this thread... so I can't be wrong again. And also, I'm not wrong, the website generates a revenue from paying sponsors, that was my point, the end.
It was my second wrong in my reply... so... wrong again...
Old 10-08-2008, 03:09 PM
MaxToTheG37
Super Moderator w/ Boost

Originally Posted by shumby
Ok So Who Is The Tester?
A Guy that is a Merchant Marine. His Screen name is KrazyJ

Old 10-08-2008, 03:10 PM
shumby

Ahahahahaha.
Old 10-08-2008, 03:10 PM
MaxToTheG37
Super Moderator w/ Boost

^^^ I Couldnt resist that one....lol
Old 10-08-2008, 03:13 PM
Seer

Originally Posted by MaxToTheG37
It was my second wrong in my reply... so... wrong again...
unfortunately for you, I wasn't wrong.

my point is, the website generates a revenue from sponsorship dollars. The moderators keep the best interest of the website. Best interest for the website is to do things within reason to keep the sponsorship happy, and to connect them with the buying populace.

2 facts I stated. Not stirring the pot, but I don't appreciate being dismissed for stating the facts.

Last edited by Seer; 10-08-2008 at 03:18 PM.
Old 10-08-2008, 03:17 PM
MaxToTheG37
Super Moderator w/ Boost

Yes you were... Moderators do not receive anything for being on Staff.... And our Staff can give recommendations on members who would be good at reviews and members that would not due to past topics or them being Newbies who just signed up.... its pretty simple...

back on topic please

Quick Reply: STILLEN Generation 3 intake!!!