Intake and Exhaust The ultimate forum to ask, discuss, and answer tech related questions regarding MyG37 intake and exhaust.

STILLEN Generation 3 intake!!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2008, 11:52 AM
krayzrac3r

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
totally agree...lets see someone dyno it now I'm really curious.
Old 10-08-2008, 12:17 PM
kyle@stillen
Former Sponsor

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Hey Guys,

I don't know what the current issues are with the moderator staff but I am sure you understand that it has absolutely nothing to do with us. Whenever we do any type of testing or product review we like to work with the forums staff so that no one can say we chose a STILLEN "fan boy." I think we can all agree that when this intake puts down 18 RWHP it had better come from a completely unbiased source.

BB- Thank you very much for your great posts. Each of your posts appear to be well thought out and fair. We will have some guidelines that the tester will need to follow but they are simply guidelines on how to monitor the cars parameters such as engine temps and things of that nature. We want to make sure that all of the tests are performed under the same conditions.
Old 10-08-2008, 12:21 PM
solopresident
Premier Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
This seems to be something that needs to get done asap. I actually have faith that this intake will produce power and I think that the best person to do the testing would be someone who doesn't like nor dislike stillen. But the only way to really see if its legit is to see the dyno runs.

Mods please get on this. Its not that hard to pick someone from the forums. There are plenty of good guys and Gals that can do it and in So. Cal plenty of reputable shops that won't lie due to their reputation.

Good luck with whoever does it and to Stillen. MAybe they can be the 1st to bust the no HP from intakes
Old 10-08-2008, 12:32 PM
ucla bruin

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I'm 30min from Stillen and unbiased, give me the word and I'll be down there this Friday
Old 10-08-2008, 12:36 PM
Gamedog
Sam Rothstein

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
+1 for ucla bruin... Good guy...
Old 10-08-2008, 12:37 PM
B L U E S L A T E
Registered Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I'm sure they're done with the testing, Danny. They've got a G37 of their own afterall... you know?

I think Stillen is looking for someone to take the new intake and do a independent dyno so that they can prove to us that they have made something worthy of upgrading.

And if I'm not mistaken, I think Stillen has already chosen someone to do this.
Old 10-08-2008, 12:38 PM
vinnys coupe

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I personally think its a good idea that the mods could choose. I kno for a fact tom37 would present a true dyno, bc he can give 2 shyts about the intake. He does bigger and better things then an intake.

And also finagle stated he can do a run with stock vs jwt vs stillen. Which also can be interesting

Last edited by vinnys coupe; 10-08-2008 at 01:01 PM.
Old 10-08-2008, 12:39 PM
krayzrac3r

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
honestly if it gives 18whp id consider it.. so let the dynos roll
Old 10-08-2008, 12:44 PM
kyle@stillen
Former Sponsor

The moderator's have elected a forum member and I am currently in discussion's with that member. I hope to have an answer for you soon.

Just to briefly touch on the comment about restricted airflow to the radiator...This is not a concern at all. You would be surprised at how little airflow is actually needed to maintain lower engine temperatures. Take for example NASCAR race-cars. Those cars are sealed up tighter than the vaults at Fort Knox. They only allow a small sliver of air gap for airflow to the radiators. You might say "well, they run at 200 MPH so of course they have plenty of air flowing in." Well, consider that they ARE running at 200+MPH for 3 hours and how much stress and heat is built up due to that.

There is absolutely no need to be concerned with hydrolocking, overheating, or any other potential issue caused by this intake's location...
Old 10-08-2008, 12:49 PM
shumby

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
So who is the test pig?
Old 10-08-2008, 01:00 PM
]\[ /-\ ]\/[
Registered Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
i hope whoever the lucky person is has a stock car....no exhaust or any power mods
Old 10-08-2008, 01:25 PM
MaxToTheG37
Super Moderator w/ Boost

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by solopresident
This seems to be something that needs to get done asap. I actually have faith that this intake will produce power and I think that the best person to do the testing would be someone who doesn't like nor dislike stillen. But the only way to really see if its legit is to see the dyno runs.

Mods please get on this. Its not that hard to pick someone from the forums. There are plenty of good guys and Gals that can do it and in So. Cal plenty of reputable shops that won't lie due to their reputation.

Good luck with whoever does it and to Stillen. MAybe they can be the 1st to bust the no HP from intakes
The recommendations were made way before any of you knew that Moderators were helping decide. So all the "get on this" comments can stop because it was finished before you all even knew about it.

Gooood Dayyyyy.......
Old 10-08-2008, 01:36 PM
DanMardik

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by kyle@stillen
The moderator's have elected a forum member and I am currently in discussion's with that member. I hope to have an answer for you soon.

Just to briefly touch on the comment about restricted airflow to the radiator...This is not a concern at all. You would be surprised at how little airflow is actually needed to maintain lower engine temperatures. Take for example NASCAR race-cars. Those cars are sealed up tighter than the vaults at Fort Knox. They only allow a small sliver of air gap for airflow to the radiators. You might say "well, they run at 200 MPH so of course they have plenty of air flowing in." Well, consider that they ARE running at 200+MPH for 3 hours and how much stress and heat is built up due to that.

There is absolutely no need to be concerned with hydrolocking, overheating, or any other potential issue caused by this intake's location...
and how can we trust that you're not in on this with the moderators? The moderators of this forum in particular should be the ones who are LEAST trusted.

You would have faired more trust from the members of this board if you had picked someone who is TRUELY not connected to any type of potentially money making platform (i.e. moderators)

BAD BAD CHOICE
Old 10-08-2008, 01:39 PM
ucla bruin

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by B L U E S L A T E
I'm sure they're done with the testing, Danny. They've got a G37 of their own afterall... you know?

I think Stillen is looking for someone to take the new intake and do a independent dyno so that they can prove to us that they have made something worthy of upgrading.

And if I'm not mistaken, I think Stillen has already chosen someone to do this.
Yea, I was talking about doing the independent testing but I guess they've already picked someone.

So, who's the tester?
Old 10-08-2008, 01:41 PM
kyle@stillen
Former Sponsor

I don't know anything about the issues with the moderator's.

I do know that the person they recommended for the testing seems to be a well respected member (not a moderator) and looks to be a great candidate for the testing. He has nothing to gain by performing the tests.

Quick Reply: STILLEN Generation 3 intake!!!