Intake and Exhaust The ultimate forum to ask, discuss, and answer tech related questions regarding MyG37 intake and exhaust.

R2C Powerflow Intakes

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2008, 10:17 PM
kool_yaar

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Nice!! thanks for the update, JWT didnt pull through this week either, so ill be getting a refund by next week then i guess ill be ordering these by tuesday next week, just want some intakes NOW!!! So, with all said and done, if i order from that site everything is already tested to fit our cars, right? also can we order now or do we have o wait 2 weeks? Thanks again red, these shall be my last questions before i get mine
Old 10-06-2008, 10:19 PM
TomG37

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
So is the price going to be set at 495$? Or can we get some sort of group buy going.

I really like these intakes, but I dont want this to be like the injens where they start at 700$, and later drop in price.

I like these because they are similar to the pop-charger, but come with a better heatsheild, and much larger filters.
Old 10-06-2008, 10:20 PM
sTiLLBaLLiN37
Former Prez of LA G'Z

Received 24 Likes on 3 Posts
^^^^ +11111111111111111111111 So true
Old 10-06-2008, 10:24 PM
kool_yaar

^+1 on trying to organize a mini group buy Red, talk to them and see if something can be done considering they seem to be responding to you pretty fast, i calculated my total with shipping is almost $520, i would like to keep it $500 MAX shipped if possible, not that i wouldnt get them for a $20 difference but should help....
Old 10-06-2008, 10:50 PM
RedG37SNC

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Little late for me to start a group buy... already bought mine at $499+shipping from Kyle at Import Parts Pro... not directly from R2C. If someone wants to contact Kyle and see if he'll do a GB go right ahead, he just may do it. I seriously doubt you'l see a $200 drop in price on these and $499 seems to be the price everyone has. There aren't that many places caring them but http://www.lmperformance.com/26008/.html offers free shipping. You can go ahead an order now, they should ship in 2 weeks... welcome to the wait...again .
Old 10-06-2008, 11:49 PM
silent06

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
In conjuction with returning my JWT Pops, I was talking to Andy at HP Autoworks earlier today. Ironically, he is finalizing the process to become a dealer of R2C Perfomance. He should have everything set up in the next few days. If there is enough interest, we may want to reach out to him to discuss a group buy. If there is not enough interest for a group buy, we might be able to get an introductory sale price extended to forum members.
Old 10-07-2008, 12:29 AM
RedG37SNC

Originally Posted by silent06
In conjuction with returning my JWT Pops, I was talking to Andy at HP Autoworks earlier today. Ironically, he is finalizing the process to become a dealer of R2C Perfomance. He should have everything set up in the next few days. If there is enough interest, we may want to reach out to him to discuss a group buy. If there is not enough interest for a group buy, we might be able to get an introductory sale price extended to forum members.
Not too ironic, I gave Andy their URL when I was canceling my order and suggested he look into it, glad he followed up on it. Ditto on the GB through HPA.
Old 10-07-2008, 01:13 AM
Hpauto
Banned

We should be up and running w them tomm, I will see what type of pricing we can work it, if possible, we can work on doing a sale w them......
Old 10-07-2008, 01:49 AM
Csquared

I really want to see a Dyno for these!
Old 10-07-2008, 06:52 PM
kool_yaar

Andy if you do get that going let me know, considering JWT is turning out to be a fail when it comes to wait time, and maybe this time i willl be part of the top 5 on the list rather than 68
Old 10-07-2008, 07:05 PM
TomG37

I cant decide if I want to get these or the intake Stillen just came out with.

They both seem to be well designed, and are the only 2 intakes I would buy for the car.

IMO this intake is a better version of the JWT intake, because of the filter size, and heatsheild.

I wouldnt buy the JWT because of the wait time, and crappy heat sheild. I like the INJEN also, but I dont want to have to remove my front bumper, and swap out my windsheild washer res. just for an intake.

Depending on GB and price, its this or the Stillen for me.
Old 10-07-2008, 07:42 PM
RedG37SNC

Originally Posted by TomG37
I cant decide if I want to get these or the intake Stillen just came out with.

They both seem to be well designed, and are the only 2 intakes I would buy for the car.

IMO this intake is a better version of the JWT intake, because of the filter size, and heatsheild.

I wouldnt buy the JWT because of the wait time, and crappy heat sheild. I like the INJEN also, but I dont want to have to remove my front bumper, and swap out my windsheild washer res. just for an intake.

Depending on GB and price, its this or the Stillen for me.
Your forgetting the main reason to get this intake over any other... the FILTER! According to R2C NONE of the cotton gause filters passed the SAE requirement for 98% initial efficiency with PTI fine dust. See: http://www.r2cperformance.com/pdf/r2c-powerflow.pdf. Sure cotton gause is a low restictive media initially but at the cost of letting contaminates into your engine. Not only is the R2C filter even less restrictive but it provides better filtration and airflow both initially and dust loaded. Not having to deal with oiling and being able to just blow it clean are just perks... and very nice perks at that.

Granted all this info is from the manufacturer, however it rings true to me, and the same information is touted by Amsoil, a competitor making a similar product. Can you run a car for 300K miles with a cotton filter and be just fine, yes it's possible, however there is some risk and you can't deny the possibility that lessening your filtration could adversly affect your engine, a risk I'm not willing to take. For me... cotton IS for diapers and bandages.. not automotive air filters thanks to today's technology.

R2C does make replacement filters for the JWT and Stillen Intakes, althought I'd check with them about how it handles being wet... that plastic shield, which doesn't even appear to cover the full width of the filter, may prevent hydrolock.. but I wouln't bet my life that filter won't get wet up front which can't be good.

Last edited by RedG37SNC; 10-07-2008 at 08:13 PM.
Old 10-07-2008, 08:09 PM
TomG37

Originally Posted by RedG37SNC
Your forgetting the main reason to get this intake over any other... the FILTER! According to R2C NONE of the cotton gause filters passed the SAE requirement for 98% initial efficiency with PTI fine dust. See: http://www.r2cperformance.com/pdf/r2c-powerflow.pdf. Sure cotton gause is a low restictive media initially but at the cost of letting contaminates into your engine. Not only is the R2C filter even less restrictive but it provides better filtration and airflow both initially and dust loaded. Not having to deal with oiling and being able to just blow it clean are just perks... and very nice perks at that.

Granted all this info is from the manufacturer, however it rings true to me, and the same information is touted by Amsoil, a competitor making a similar product. Can you run a car for 300K miles with a cotton filter and be just fine, yes it's possible, however there is some risk and you can't deny the possibility that lessening your filtration could adversly affect your engine, a risk I'm not willing to take. For me... cotton IS for diapers and bandages.. not automotive air filters thanks to today's technology.

R2C does make replacement filters for the JWT and Stillen Intakes, althought I'd check with them about how it handles being wet... that plastic may prevent hydrolock.. but I wouln't bet my life that filter won't get wet up front which can't be good.
Yea, I read your post before in the thread, I'm going to read about the filters they make now.
Old 10-07-2008, 10:20 PM
Tomek350z

well i just got the final product installed on tonight
i will give a review and post a video hopefully tomorrow. i couldnt step on it tonight because it was raining all day, but all i can say is that the butt dyno definitely confirms a gain, quite noticeable in 2nd and 3rd,
Old 10-07-2008, 10:25 PM
shumby

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
will they mke filters for the 3rd gen stillen?

Quick Reply: R2C Powerflow Intakes