Intake and Exhaust The ultimate forum to ask, discuss, and answer tech related questions regarding MyG37 intake and exhaust.

R2C Powerflow Intakes

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2008, 06:42 PM
RedG37SNC

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Update

I contacted R2C to confirm the replacement filter for the G37 JWT Popcharger and it looks like the G35/350Z Popcharger R2C replacement while sized similarly IS NOT the replacement for the G37 JWT Popcharger.. checkout their response..
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Monday, September 29, 2008 12:03 PM
Subject: RE: R2C filter replacement for JWT G37?

Good morning Red.
Thanks for your inquiry.
We have designed specific replacements for the G37 JWT and are testing over the next few days. All of our filters are vehicle specific based on flow and engine demand and not simply by size.
I'll send you an update as soon as possible. If you have a photo of your installation, please send it when you can.

Regards
Ed

Last edited by RedG37SNC; 09-29-2008 at 06:46 PM.
Old 09-29-2008, 06:49 PM
Tomek350z

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
well if you guys have questions let me know

lets see, i went to them last thursday for a test fit, they told me they had a test fit appointment for a g37 the next day. the pics i have dont do it justice, they are huge but in a good way, the heat shields are awesome as well. basically its like a better version of the JWT. upon test fitting the right side was great, but they just have to fix the brackets a little to make it perfect, the left side also need some work, then again it was a test fit. i didnt get to start the car because the MAF would seat right and the second screw wouldnt go in so they didnt wanna throw a code. funny thing is that they got some of the specs off the JWT so i dont know what happened there. overall though it honestly looks like a better pop charger, looks even better. Colin, one of the guys, showed me how they produce the filters and test it to provide more debris collection compared to others. these guys design filters for the military. anyway they said they will have three color options for the MAF tube, polished, steel, and black. i choose the polished because i want it to stand out. so on that note they are working on perfecting it and are getting ready to produce. he is going to give me a ring when they are done to finally put it on use it i have no doubt that these guys will actually produce a minimal gain for our cars.
Old 09-29-2008, 06:59 PM
RedG37SNC

Originally Posted by Tomek350z
well if you guys have questions let me know

lets see, i went to them last thursday for a test fit, they told me they had a test fit appointment for a g37 the next day. the pics i have dont do it justice, they are huge but in a good way, the heat shields are awesome as well. basically its like a better version of the JWT. upon test fitting the right side was great, but they just have to fix the brackets a little to make it perfect, the left side also need some work, then again it was a test fit. i didnt get to start the car because the MAF would seat right and the second screw wouldnt go in so they didnt wanna throw a code. funny thing is that they got some of the specs off the JWT so i dont know what happened there. overall though it honestly looks like a better pop charger, looks even better. Colin, one of the guys, showed me how they produce the filters and test it to provide more debris collection compared to others. these guys design filters for the military. anyway they said they will have three color options for the MAF tube, polished, steel, and black. i choose the polished because i want it to stand out. so on that note they are working on perfecting it and are getting ready to produce. he is going to give me a ring when they are done to finally put it on use it i have no doubt that these guys will actually produce a minimal gain for our cars.
Tom are you prototyping a 07+ 350z kit? The reason I ask is because they already list a full kit for the 350z. Do you know if the G37 kit has a 6" or larger Venturi design on the intake tube? Also any info you have on when they'll be releasing the G37 JWT Pop charger filters would be nice.

Last edited by RedG37SNC; 09-29-2008 at 07:09 PM.
Old 09-29-2008, 07:37 PM
kool_yaar

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
i contacted them as well, and was told that they are in final stage of testing and they have tried the venturis design "as well". He did not go in any detail so im confused if they stick along the ventris design or not, we'll see i emailed them again...
Old 09-29-2008, 11:02 PM
Tomek350z

Originally Posted by RedG37SNC
Tom are you prototyping a 07+ 350z kit? The reason I ask is because they already list a full kit for the 350z. Do you know if the G37 kit has a 6" or larger Venturi design on the intake tube? Also any info you have on when they'll be releasing the G37 JWT Pop charger filters would be nice.
yes, im testing the HR kit, they already have replacement filters for the JWT on the DE motors, im on a local board of chicagoz and a couple people were given the filter to replace the JWT filter, and they said they really like it. to be honest i dont know how the production is going for the JWT HR replacement filter. all i know is that they had a g37 schedule the next day for fotment as well. so i think their focused on getting out their system, then providing a replacement filter for the JWT. but ya they have also made the heat shields better imo. and these filters are huge once again, they are awesome. sorry for crappy pics guys, it was with my phone

feel free to ask anymore questions
Old 09-30-2008, 01:04 AM
Skyline-LEXY

what brand of intake is that on 350z?

btw are the company going to produce for G37?
Old 09-30-2008, 09:27 AM
RedG37SNC

Originally Posted by Skyline-LEXY
what brand of intake is that on 350z?

btw are the company going to produce for G37?
It's R2C's kit and yes they have a product for the G37, check 1st post.
Old 10-02-2008, 04:02 PM
kool_yaar

any updates pn release date
Old 10-06-2008, 04:53 PM
RedG37SNC

After talking with Ed about the design of their powerflow intake for the G37 I canceled my order for the JWT and instead will go with their full intake system. One major selling point for me is that fact that just about every other Intake company out there doesn't know squat about building a filter, a key component. These filters are custom designed for the intake system and the car! That and these guys do a butt load of testing and know their stuff.

Basically their intake is similar to the JWT intake, except for three key differences. One they put an O-ring between the connection of the tubes since they've seen issues here with the seal. There tube appears to be made of plastic versus metal which to me means less heat transmission, I forgot to confirm that though. Probably the most important difference, besides the filter of course, is a better heat shield design covering all three sides with a rubber seal to the hood on top. While nice for limiting hot air intake this could also deaden the sound we all like to hear...we shall see. They confirmed no modifications are necessary for a good fit and are currently testing different filters designs looking for the best performance. ETA is to ship within 2 weeks baring any show stoppers.

Last edited by RedG37SNC; 10-07-2008 at 12:35 AM.
Old 10-06-2008, 04:57 PM
shumby

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Price and pics? As well will hey ship to Canada?
Old 10-06-2008, 05:37 PM
RedG37SNC

Site is http://www.r2cperformance.com/index.html. Cost is $499, a good amount of that is the cost of the filters. http://www.importpartspro.com/r2cpepopekit.html should ship to Canada. Kyle's a great guy to work with.. no hassle coverting my order over.
Old 10-06-2008, 05:49 PM
shumby

^^ cool thanks. be sure to post dyno numbers when you ge tyours.

Can you give me their e-mil I can only get the direct link from their website and my wife's e-mail is the onlyone set up on my home laptop. I don't want here seeing that i am looking into these. she is already pissed at the HFC's and exhaust. LOL

Last edited by shumby; 10-06-2008 at 05:53 PM.
Old 10-06-2008, 06:19 PM
tfmbigdog99

Location: Where the kids are high and the grades are low. NYC
I wonder how they sound...
Old 10-06-2008, 06:20 PM
RedG37SNC

Originally Posted by shumby
^^ cool thanks. be sure to post dyno numbers when you ge tyours.

Can you give me their e-mil I can only get the direct link from their website and my wife's e-mail is the onlyone set up on my home laptop. I don't want here seeing that i am looking into these. she is already pissed at the HFC's and exhaust. LOL
I'm still looking for a dyno in my area... not much luck other then mobile services. Just explain the exhaust and intake mods are for fuel economy, if that doesn't work, cut her off sex. If that doesn't work, it's broken, replace the part .

email: <salesinquiries@r2cperformance.com>
Old 10-06-2008, 07:13 PM
shumby

lol thanks

Quick Reply: R2C Powerflow Intakes