Intake and Exhaust The ultimate forum to ask, discuss, and answer tech related questions regarding MyG37 intake and exhaust.

JWT SUCKS... What a waste of $350...

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2008, 10:36 AM
Dynamics

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Oiled gauze-no good!

Not much sense? Shouldn't hurt anything? Should be able to collect? I don't really see a problem?

Sounds like you're trying to convince yourself? Lots of folks smoking two packs a day and eating a 1/2 pound of butter and live to be 80. Why take a chance?

Regular intervals? How often do you clean and oil? How about the rest?

In large part, you're telling us not to worry about what gets past the filter (15-21 times what passes the stock type filter) and that it's not important. I would imagine that you don't really have any solid data regarding the effect this has on the engine. Where do you think this particulate goes? How about the oil? Do you think there may be the odd chance that cylinder/combustion chamber particulate contaminates and breaks down motor oil?

It is a clear fact that oiled or un-oiled gauze filters contribute to premature engine wear and oil breakdown. Where would you suspect these filters "collect" the bad particles? Have you opened a gauze filter? Single digit micron sized particles are what do the damage to engines and oil. For those not familiar with particle size, there are approx. 300,000 microns in a foot. Now take a look at that opened gauze filter and tell me what Bad particles this top notch engine protection security guard decides to stop. ( I just had the vision of John Candy at Walley World!)

The most important consideration is that this is completely avoidable. There is no need to oil. There is no need to use gauze. You can have the highest flowing filters and rely on unmatched engine protection.

If you have an interest in a private discussion that elaborates on the false premises you raised, send me a PM. Regardless of your brand allegiance, do not make an attempt to ignore or diminish the negative impact these products can have on your car as well as to the others on this forum without listening to the facts regarding the poor performance of this media.

Never use a cotton gauze or foam filter in your G37.

Have a fine weekend!
Dynamics
Old 09-27-2008, 10:59 AM
Buddy Revell

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Well, Dynamics, the reason people are skeptical is because you sell a competing product, so it's in your best interest to say these things about oiled filters. Are there any objective, third-party tests that support your assertions?
Old 09-27-2008, 12:58 PM
bboysteele
Premier Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
His A$$hole attitude also doesn't help. Yo Dynamics, I really hope you don't work for the marketing department or customer service. If you had a better attitude in your posts then people might actually want to hear what you have to say. Arrogance is not a good thing. I did a little google search last night but couldn't find crap on your product unless your product is the one used for BMWs and part of that Dynamics air filter company that makes filters for home and businesses.

I bet you will be surprised how many more people would be receptive to your recommendations and posts if you did it with a friendly attitude and dropped the arrogance.

If you plan to keep bashing other companies products then your posts will be deleted since you are a competing company. You can take your business elsewhere! Now if you want to post on the tests and info that your company has done on different filter elements and which look to be scientifically best for our cars then please post away try to do it without the negativity. Better yet, become a sponsor and post about your product. Follow these rules or LEAVE!

And BTW Dynamics, I have no "brand allegiance" so get that straight.
Old 09-27-2008, 01:04 PM
Dynamics

Skeptical?

Who is skeptical? Do you truly believe that what I've said doesn't make sense?

Many independent tests have been performed that support this data. Just type in "engine air filter testing". I'm sure you'll be able to review several results. Look for any SAE J726 / ISO 5011 results. Here is another thing to consider. The gauze filter people have a tendency to test with coarse dust rather than fine. Also, the SCFM rates that are applied to the high performance filters tested should be examined to determine if the numbers are in keeping with real world, high performance driving scenarios.

If you would really like to determine if what you're doing is in the best interest of your G, visit www.dysonanalysis.com and spend a few bucks with these people. I think you'll find the results interesting.

How many of the companies that produce intake systems and filters actually design, engineer, test and manufacturer the products. How many actually employ performance filtration engineers? Do any of these people have their own test stands/flow benches? Ask them.

The majority buy imported cotton gauze and assemble or simply buy a gauze filter from an industrial supplier. They have no way of knowing how ineffective these products may actually be. The me too companies just fall in line because they have no idea of any alternative and they sure can't produce one on their own.

No hype or B.S. Just actual performance filter/system facts. It's about time you received accurate performance information. You have deserved better.
Old 09-27-2008, 04:15 PM
kool_yaar

ok... and you suggest that we use ..... ????

Along with bashing the competitor its always useful to show "your" side if the defence/product that od ont see, and bboysteele mentioned ithere is no results for your so called products when googled....
Old 09-27-2008, 05:01 PM
nogoodname
Banned

who is this Dynamics guy....lol

became a member (09/08) just to bash ppl
Old 09-27-2008, 10:47 PM
Dynamics

If that's the perception of the comments, then I had that coming and I accept the rebuke.

No arrogant intentions but certainly a plea to carefully evaluate the true nature of any modification you may consider.

I'll head to the Cape for a lobster and a cold one and smell the sea and mellow out.

No more tech rants from me.
Old 09-27-2008, 10:50 PM
Dynamics

Last edited by Dynamics; 09-27-2008 at 11:58 PM. Reason: sp
Old 09-27-2008, 11:16 PM
kool_yaar

im already chilled i was being very staright forward and wanting to see what your "alternative" route is, thats it...
Old 09-27-2008, 11:54 PM
Amarao

He's a M*******, it can't be helped.

There is a very lengthy thread(35pgs) over on my350z about oil analysis. If what you say is correct then we should be able to pick out who runs a cotton gauze or foam filter by looking at the test results.

I honestly think you're over analyzing this. I had a 300k mile VQ30DE, have a 90k mile VQ35DE and a 15k mile 2ZZ, all which have run with K&N or JWT oiled air filters. I run my cars hard, and I'm sure if an oiled filter leads to such catastrophic failure as you elude, then I would've surely noticed it on my 300k VQ30.

I'm sure there is a better air filtration solution out there. But what's the difference in efficiency? What's the cost difference?
Old 09-28-2008, 12:56 AM
bboysteele
Premier Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Dynamics
Who is skeptical? Do you truly believe that what I've said doesn't make sense?

Many independent tests have been performed that support this data. Just type in "engine air filter testing". I'm sure you'll be able to review several results. Look for any SAE J726 / ISO 5011 results. Here is another thing to consider. The gauze filter people have a tendency to test with coarse dust rather than fine. Also, the SCFM rates that are applied to the high performance filters tested should be examined to determine if the numbers are in keeping with real world, high performance driving scenarios.

If you would really like to determine if what you're doing is in the best interest of your G, visit www.dysonanalysis.com and spend a few bucks with these people. I think you'll find the results interesting.

How many of the companies that produce intake systems and filters actually design, engineer, test and manufacturer the products. How many actually employ performance filtration engineers? Do any of these people have their own test stands/flow benches? Ask them.

The majority buy imported cotton gauze and assemble or simply buy a gauze filter from an industrial supplier. They have no way of knowing how ineffective these products may actually be. The me too companies just fall in line because they have no idea of any alternative and they sure can't produce one on their own.

No hype or B.S. Just actual performance filter/system facts. It's about time you received accurate performance information. You have deserved better.
Much better post. I am not discounting your claim that there are better air filtration systems (filters) out there. My problem was just the negativity and bashing that was displayed in your post although you might not have wanted to display that. I have no problem with you giving advice to individuals about the filters on their car but just remember that claims usually need to be backed up especially when you state that using this filter or that filter will cause you engine to die (not exact words but you get my point). Most of the individuals want performance out of their cars without much damage to it so if there are better "performing" systems out there then feel free to give people advice but don't bash other manufactures. Manufactures bashing each other on the site is not something we condone.

Originally Posted by Amarao
He's a M*******, it can't be helped.

There is a very lengthy thread(35pgs) over on my350z about oil analysis. If what you say is correct then we should be able to pick out who runs a cotton gauze or foam filter by looking at the test results.

I honestly think you're over analyzing this. I had a 300k mile VQ30DE, have a 90k mile VQ35DE and a 15k mile 2ZZ, all which have run with K&N or JWT oiled air filters. I run my cars hard, and I'm sure if an oiled filter leads to such catastrophic failure as you elude, then I would've surely noticed it on my 300k VQ30.

I'm sure there is a better air filtration solution out there. But what's the difference in efficiency? What's the cost difference?
Shouldn't you be working???? Slacker!!!
Old 09-28-2008, 01:19 AM
Amarao

Originally Posted by bboysteele
Shouldn't you be working???? Slacker!!!
Work? Don't you know I'm independently wealthy?
Old 09-29-2008, 11:30 PM
Amarao

Start at Post 625

http://my350z.com/forum/engine-drive...s-info-32.html

In short, you will see an increase in silica particulate. A recommended alternative are Amsoil filters, drop-in or conical.

Last edited by Amarao; 09-29-2008 at 11:33 PM.
Old 09-30-2008, 02:32 PM
KAHBOOM
Super Moderator of Pwnage

Received 195 Likes on 139 Posts
Originally Posted by Buddy Revell
If I'm not mistaken, Motordyne does not make a spacer or plenum for the HR engine in the '07-up Z.
From what I hear it's because the HR plennum is not built the same way as the previous VQ and a spacer would be an impossibility.
Old 09-30-2008, 08:14 PM
RedG37SNC

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Interesting Video on the difference between synthetic nanofiber filters and cellulous. R2C is another company making synthetic nanofiber filters.

http://www.amsoil.com/video/company/...ers/index.aspx