Intake and Exhaust The ultimate forum to ask, discuss, and answer tech related questions regarding MyG37 intake and exhaust.

Question about JWTs

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2008, 02:08 AM
RedG37SNC

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by kool_yaar
^ so you're sure theyll fit JWT opening? also if "JWT uses the same filter for all their popchargers" did you mean they use the exact filters as on this site and yet you ordered another pair? Sorry for so many Q's but im reallly lookin into this as well though im still dont have the pop chargers
If you were to order a replacement filter from JWT you would go here: http://www.jimwolftechnology.com/cus...asp?PartID=451. Notice it says:
REPLACEMENT ELEMENT FOR ALL POP-CHARGERS EXCEPT 90-96 300ZX. On R2C's website you'll see they make a filter specifically for the JWT popcharger, however they only list the G35/350Z which I'm sure is because they posted that before the G37 popcharger was released. So the G37's JWT filter is the same filter used on the G35/350Z Popcharger. That's the logic anyway...definately going to find out in a month or so.
Old 09-28-2008, 08:42 AM
erasat

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I know it says that it's less restrictive but the great question is if this use the Venturis like the original. I assume it does but I can't manage to see it in the description, I think this is a must for any replacement filter to give the same performance than the original.
Old 09-28-2008, 10:53 AM
Buddy Revell

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
The venturis are part of the piping in the JWT and are separate from the filter element.
Old 09-28-2008, 01:16 PM
Wezbian
Registered Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
So did anyone else see the cleaning instructions link?

http://www.jimwolftechnology.com/wol...ANING-INST.PDF

Seems you spray gauze air filter oil on it after cleaning...
Old 09-28-2008, 04:19 PM
erasat

Originally Posted by Buddy Revell
The venturis are part of the piping in the JWT and are separate from the filter element.
You're right, but I swear that I read somewhere that the filter helps with the Venturi process, so I assumed that it has some kind of special design in combination with the tubes. I will try to find it, but I hope I don't, this seems like a good alternative for people that doesn't like idea of cleaning and re-oil, if it flow better as they advertise it, I'm interested too.

Last edited by erasat; 09-28-2008 at 04:22 PM.
Old 09-28-2008, 04:39 PM
Buddy Revell

Originally Posted by erasat
You're right, but I swear that I read somewhere that the filter helps with the Venturi process, so I assumed that it has some kind of special design in combination with the tubes. I will try to find it, but I hope I don't, this seems like a good alternative for people that doesn't like idea of cleaning and re-oil, if it flow better as they advertise it, I'm interested too.
"Your new POP-Charger is the most efficient air intake system available. By adhering to ideal
venturi theory, a 4:1 convergent area and a modified parabolic profile maintain a near linear air
velocity along the entire venturi surface. Interestingly, it is the POP-Chargers aluminum venturi
that accounts for the largest performance gain; the filter element itself is designed simply to not
adversely affect this venturi."

http://www.jimwolftechnology.com/wol...ANING-INST.PDF
Old 09-28-2008, 04:49 PM
erasat

Yep, I think that's what I read, I simply didn;t remeber what I read. Thanks.
Old 09-28-2008, 11:52 PM
Skyline-LEXY

Would this fit or would this be too loose?

Extra-Large Hydro Shield - Fits Filter Sizes:
Select options to see availability.
6.5" Base
8" Tall
5.5" Top
Injen Filters: X-1022
Old 03-25-2010, 06:06 PM
GollyGee

Blue color loss

I know this is a reply two years later, but just had some free time to browse and saw this. I notice a color loss as well but it basically comes with use. I do see the darker spots near the heat shield, same spot on both filters. No big deal after cleaning them. Like it was mentioned in an earlier post, move that spot around when re-installing. Just don't over oil. But really...no issues otherwise. Love the sound still.

Has anyone tried to replace the OEW JWT filter with a K&N? Saw some K&N's that look similar to the JWT's. To me, K&N's seem easier to clean and the Red color is nice.

Any input appreciated. Thanks.
Old 03-29-2010, 09:37 PM
TheLocNar
Registered Member

Received 66 Likes on 52 Posts
Originally Posted by SilverBullet
*update*

JWT said:

I checked with our engineers and here are my findings. The blue coloring dye in the oil does tend to fade, however the actual oil which is colorless is still saturating the element. This is not a problem and the color can be restored with a light application of the blue oil spray used for servicing the filters
That right there would scare me, and keep me from ever using these filters...
Old 04-07-2010, 11:31 AM
Ahujadaddy

i have been meaning to do a clean and re-oil... had their recharge kit for months now! bought some simple green to spray down the filters for the cleaning step. i'll take some pics perhaps... should be fine as long as you dont over oil... just go easy and let it dry indoors naturally and slowly.
Old 04-07-2010, 12:16 PM
n_jay888

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by Ahujadaddy
i have been meaning to do a clean and re-oil... had their recharge kit for months now! bought some simple green to spray down the filters for the cleaning step. i'll take some pics perhaps... should be fine as long as you dont over oil... just go easy and let it dry indoors naturally and slowly.
Let me know how it goes because i have to clean mine as well. Thanks