Intake and Exhaust The ultimate forum to ask, discuss, and answer tech related questions regarding MyG37 intake and exhaust.
View Poll Results: HKS Or FI exhaust
HKS
52.10%
Fast Intentions Carbon Fiber
47.90%
Voters: 119. You may not vote on this poll

Hks Or Fast intentions Carbon Fiber exhaust?

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2008, 07:14 PM
amoney805

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by FastIntentions
There are no tip problems, it just takes some time to fine tune the exhaust system. I recently had a customer say it went on easy and they got the tips right the first time around.

No doubt the C.F. version is the loudest of all of our exhaust systems. However, most people are buying it because it is C.F. and the aesthetics behind it. In addition, it is not to the point where it is so loud that it is unbearable. If it was we would of never released it.

One last thing. You and I spoke and you seem like a good guy however, you and I both know the main reason you opted to buy the H.K.S. over mine. But I will keep that one private for you. No hard feelings, I am glad that you are satisfied with your choice. They are a very reputable company and that is a good exhaust system...

Thanks, Tony

Believe me its no secret why I chose HKS, it was a toss up between them and yours and HKS was only a few pennies more so I went with the "name brand". As far as the problems I stated, they came straight from owners of your system. No bias on my part whatsoever. I wasn't trying to diss your system in any way. You guys make quality systems and have good service. Thanks for the quick replies to my emails. I plan on using you guys for what I have planned in the very near future.
Old 10-20-2008, 08:41 PM
NeverBoneStock
Premier Member

Received 69 Likes on 56 Posts
Originally Posted by JLai
Get whichever you want. Its your car. Personally, I like the HKS (cept for the ridiculous price tag)...I prefer the HKS exhaust sound over the FI exhaust.

On a side note, I was talking with my friends about exhausts for the G37, as the G37 with green calipers lives in their apartment complex. When I mentioned I think he has a "Fast Intentions" exhaust with test pipes, their response was "what kind of bo-bo company is that? no wonder it sounds like a$$." Only to lead into a discussion of how ricers have "fast intentions" as well, lol. Point is, not many have even heard of FI. HKS, different story.
My friend ,,,,, I burn rice I do not drive rice.. I had HKS on my Z and switched to FastIntentions and without a doubt the best exhaust for the G.Im a name ***** myself and HKS is rice . When you sart to open up the exhaust you will look in the mirror and have to make a choice..
Old 10-20-2008, 09:44 PM
TerribleONE453

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts
this thread is turning into a fail...
Old 10-20-2008, 09:46 PM
B L U E S L A T E
Registered Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I'd have to say FI because they're always going to be here to help us if something happens. As for HKS, good luck with finding help. Besides, the CF exhaust from FI look just plain sick.
Old 10-20-2008, 09:56 PM
JLai

Originally Posted by NeverBoneStock
My friend ,,,,, I burn rice I do not drive rice.. I had HKS on my Z and switched to FastIntentions and without a doubt the best exhaust for the G.Im a name ***** myself and HKS is rice . When you sart to open up the exhaust you will look in the mirror and have to make a choice..
First off...The VQ37HR sounds different than the previous models. One of my buddies had a highly modded G35 and the exhausts sound nothing like ours. Much more raspy all together. Secondly, the aforementioned car was called rice by my friends because test pipes on our cars sound like ****. In no way, shape, or form am I knocking on FI's exhaust. My whole point was that not many have heard of FI. They are not a global car performance giant like HKS, Trust, ARC, etc. Thirdly, HKS being rice?...lol. HKS is one of the premier companies in the world. Rice can't afford their ridiculous prices.

Last edited by JLai; 10-20-2008 at 09:59 PM.
Old 10-20-2008, 10:04 PM
bboysteele
Premier Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
^^I visited a friend over the weekend. He has a 350Z and just installed a HKS exhaust. Got to say that it sounded really good.
Old 10-20-2008, 10:08 PM
FastIntentions
MYG37.COM Sponsor

Received 16 Likes on 10 Posts
Originally Posted by amoney805
Believe me its no secret why I chose HKS, it was a toss up between them and yours and HKS was only a few pennies more so I went with the "name brand". As far as the problems I stated, they came straight from owners of your system. No bias on my part whatsoever. I wasn't trying to diss your system in any way. You guys make quality systems and have good service. Thanks for the quick replies to my emails. I plan on using you guys for what I have planned in the very near future.
Oh I know everything you are saying is the truth. Like I said no hard feelings and when you need us, we are here...

Tony
Old 10-20-2008, 10:11 PM
FastIntentions
MYG37.COM Sponsor

First off...The VQ37HR sounds different than the previous models. One of my buddies had a highly modded G35 and the exhausts sound nothing like ours. Much more raspy all together. Secondly, the aforementioned car was called rice by my friends because test pipes on our cars sound like ****. In no way, shape, or form am I knocking on FI's exhaust. My whole point was that not many have heard of FI. They are not a global car performance giant like HKS, Trust, ARC, etc. Thirdly, HKS being rice?...lol. HKS is one of the premier companies in the world. Rice can't afford their ridiculous prices.

I know you weren't knocking us and we all appreciate your honestly. You are correct, HKS is worldwide and for us to be compared to them is actually quite nice. They have been around for decades and we have been around for less then 5 years. So for us to be this young and to be compared to them must mean that we are doing something right!
Old 10-20-2008, 10:15 PM
JLai

Originally Posted by FastIntentions
I know you weren't knocking us and we all appreciate your honestly. You are correct, HKS is worldwide and for us to be compared to them is actually quite nice. They have been around for decades and we have been around for less then 5 years. So for us to be this young and to be compared to them must mean that we are doing something right!
Absolutely. I hear nothing but great things about your products and customer service.
Old 10-20-2008, 10:19 PM
FastIntentions
MYG37.COM Sponsor

Absolutely. I hear nothing but great things about your products and customer service.
We have a simple motto at Fast Intentions......................

"(Treat others how you want to be treated)"

So to us it is beyond customer service, I like to get taken care of as a consumer and I hate it when I am not important enough for the person I am dealing with. Especially since they are getting my money.

However, most big companies you will not be able to deal with the owners directly. The case is different here!

Thanks, Tony
Old 10-20-2008, 10:25 PM
NeverBoneStock
Premier Member

Received 69 Likes on 56 Posts
Originally Posted by bboysteele
^^I visited a friend over the weekend. He has a 350Z and just installed a HKS exhaust. Got to say that it sounded really good.
If he puts hi flow cats on it like I did my Z .... Ouch ..Does not sound good .
Old 10-20-2008, 10:41 PM
gan78mao

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
^one of my friend put high flow cats and HKS exhaust on his Z and it sounds amazing! i dunno why u dont like it.
Old 10-21-2008, 12:44 AM
bboysteele
Premier Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by NeverBoneStock
If he puts hi flow cats on it like I did my Z .... Ouch ..Does not sound good .
He does have HFCs and it does sound good. Actually, very good. Sounds very similar to my FI exhaust except mine is loader.
Old 11-21-2008, 02:43 AM
FastIntentions
MYG37.COM Sponsor

It looks like we are narrowing the margin and on top of that we sent out two more Carbon Fiber systems earlier this week!
Old 11-21-2008, 01:16 PM
tfmbigdog99

Location: Where the kids are high and the grades are low. NYC
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I was interested in this system only for the carbon fiber mufflers, but then I realized I would bottom out somewhere and crack the canisters. I'm going with HKS.

Quick Reply: Hks Or Fast intentions Carbon Fiber exhaust?