Intake and Exhaust The ultimate forum to ask, discuss, and answer tech related questions regarding MyG37 intake and exhaust.

Fast Intentions Carbon Fiber Exhaust Pics in the box and Review.

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2008, 01:52 AM
bboysteele
Premier Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Fast Intentions Carbon Fiber Exhaust Pics in the box and Review.

Ok guys/gals, the review will not be up here for another week and a half but I am just putting this placeholder here. Here are the pics of the box and what is inside:

Really cool that FI has their own packaging tape.

Inside the box...GTSpec should take some lessons from FI on how to package their product when they ship it out. Beautiful work Tony!

Sorry guys but I am not going to unpack it from the bubble-wrap until I take it to the place to get installed. To much work to re-wrap it. I will take pics when this is done though.

A word of advice to everyone, do not tick Tony off. He seems like a nice guy but in reality he is a diabolical genius. I mean I called him a while ago and told him to put my exhaust on hold because I had this new exhaust piece that I was testing which was suppose to be awesome. Tony seemed cool about it and very helpful. After the testing I call Tony back and he starts on the exhaust. Well I call the shop I take my car to a couple days ago to schedule a time to take my car in to get the exhaust installed and a before/after dyno. To my surprise the shop is closing from the 8th to the 16th to go to National and I have training from the 16 to the 20th in Arizona. And I get my exhaust yesterday. Coincidence??? I think not. I know you had something to do with this Tony to pay be back. What did you do or promise the shop? This is not right. You're a sick person, Tony.

J/K on the payback portion, Tony. lol

I could get this installed at another shop but I wanted to get you guys some before and after dynos, and I trust the shop as well. Plus I've been bragging about this exhaust for awhile and they want to see it.

---------------------------------------------------------------

Here is my review guys:

Guys/Gals, this exhaust looks and sounds great. The vids that are on the site are accurate as far as pitch goes. It is a deep growl! The exhaust is louder than I thought it would be. I do have HFCs which probably contributes to the noise. The coolest part is when you rev the engine. Because of the deep growl, it rumbles inside the cabin. It is like being parked next to a car with a bumping system in it. The exhaust gives you that deep bounce in your chest like you are hearing the bass from a rap album. I didn't expect this which is a pleasant surprise for me. Maybe terrible can comment on this as well.

The exhaust looks great. I forgot to bring my camera to take pictures of the install so I cannot post that. I can get some after pics if you guys really need them but it looks the same as Terrible's car so not sure if they will add anything to this thread. The fitment is ok and I am hoping I can get it aligned better down the road. It is not bad but not perfect. THIS IS NOT DUE TO THE PRODUCT THOUGH. This was due to the shop not having enough people to help align it perfectly. There was me and another guy doing this and I think three people might have done a better job. The great thing though is the service Tony provides. I called him up during the install and told him how the tips where not aligning correctly and he walked me though what needed to be done to fix it. This worked for the most part but due to the situation, we could not get it perfect but still respectable. I think this exhaust will quite down in the next week or so which will make it a little better. Any questions feel free to ask. BTW, I did do some before and after dynos but I think I am going to do another dyno in a week or two after I get my Magden gauge unit installed. The dynos showed little gains which I know is not true due to other trustworthy individuals dynos that have been posted on this site showing good gains. I think I messed up during resetting the ECU which could account for most of this if the ECU didn't reset but we will see. It might also be my ECU since my number seems to always top out at a certain number which it doesn't want to go over. The Magden will allow us to log the runs so the tuner can take a look at the system. Again I love this exhaust.

-----------------------------------------

Update:

Run 30 is FI exhaust and 27 is stock with a "special" Y pipe.

Ok guys, here is my update on the exhaust. After having it on my car for a week or two now this is my impression of the exhaust. The pros for this exhaust has to be the sound it gives. I love the deep tone. It is rather loud too. If the Greddy is louder than this exhaust, I don't know how you guys don't get pulled over all the time for noise pollution. As you might have read in another post, I was hearing a terrible load rattle when I started my car in the morning with this exhaust. It was pissing me off because it sounded horrible but to my surprise it was not the exhaust that was rattling but my car port. The exhaust when cold has such a low frequency coming from it that it was causing the car ports to rattle which was why there was a rattling sound. I have not noticed a big power increase but they just found an issue with my ECM which might be part of the issue. That is getting replaced and I will be doing a follow up dyno to see if there is more of a difference. I've posted the before and after dyno to this post that I did back when I installed it just so you can see it. One thing that you will notice on the dyno is that there was a big increase in power around 2500RPM so my dyno graph is not dipping at that point anymore. The stock dyno is not completely stock since I had a "special" Y pipe on the car which I was testing for another company. The pipe did not increase my HP over stock but did increase my TQ by 3 to 5 so that is why it is a little higher than the FI number. The one negative thing about this exhaust is the exhaust drone that it does have. I found out that you can minimize the exhaust drone but it requires me to change my driving style. I will need to look into a way of eliminating the drone if that is possible. I will be doing another dyno here in a week or two which I will also post for you all.

Last edited by bboysteele; 10-10-2008 at 03:31 AM.
Old 09-11-2008, 01:58 AM
TerribleONE453

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
congrats
Old 09-11-2008, 09:38 AM
Kidcane
Florida G Club

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Sweet box bro!!
Old 09-11-2008, 10:40 AM
MaxToTheG37
Super Moderator w/ Boost

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Fail... put it on!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! you teaser
Old 09-11-2008, 10:48 AM
Blackjack
Super Moderator

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
GGirlSteele... FAIL with this teaser.
Old 09-11-2008, 10:51 AM
MaxToTheG37
Super Moderator w/ Boost

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Talking

Originally Posted by Blackjack
GGirlSteele... FAIL with this teaser.
+3 ....lol

and BJ due to recent leaked info....we have found out BB is really a guy... but he is a "specail" guy.... so his name is now... BboysteeleYourBoyFriend
Old 09-11-2008, 11:05 AM
Blackjack
Super Moderator

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by MaxToTheG37
+3 ....lol

and BJ due to recent leaked info....we have found out BB is really a guy... but he is a "specail" guy.... so his name is now... BboysteeleYourBoyFriend
... Oh wow. Sounds like Gigga has a new best friend.
Old 09-18-2008, 05:41 PM
silent06

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Is the finish polished or non polished?
Old 09-18-2008, 06:50 PM
NIGHTLFEphantom

nice tease! but be a meng and put it on yourself!
Old 09-18-2008, 07:14 PM
TerribleONE453

agreed! ^
Old 09-18-2008, 08:24 PM
bboysteele
Premier Member

Originally Posted by NIGHTLFEphantom
nice tease! but be a meng and put it on yourself!
Well I don't have the tools to do this or a garage. Also, I do a before and after dyno on these parts I get installed to help out the community. Unless you don't want a before and after same day dyno I can save some money and just install it.
Old 09-25-2008, 11:43 PM
TerribleONE453

did you get the dynos done today?
Old 09-25-2008, 11:45 PM
SkyzDaL1m1T

^^^Terrible u got a pm contact me
Old 09-26-2008, 12:09 AM
PSYH
Post Whore

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
That's some high quality softcore car pr0n, bboysteele.
Old 09-26-2008, 01:26 AM
bboysteele
Premier Member

Updated first post!

Quick Reply: Fast Intentions Carbon Fiber Exhaust Pics in the box and Review.