Intake and Exhaust The ultimate forum to ask, discuss, and answer tech related questions regarding MyG37 intake and exhaust.

Jwt Review

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2008, 09:49 PM
bboysteele
Premier Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by TomG37
Intakes give no REAL gains, 1-5whp is nothing, you wont even feel it.

Intakes give gains on economy cars that come will poorly designed intakes from the factory, our cars have great intakes. The fact that aftermarket intakes give no power is a good thing, that means Infiniti did a great job designing the stock ones.
Sorry but not entirely true. Intakes can have good gains even on NA cars. The intake on the G37 is good but not perfect. I wasn't expecting the gains I got. I was really waiting to reflash the ECU to get major gains with the help of this intake but was suprised to see and feel the difference in the car after my intake install.

Originally Posted by neverbonestock
I AGREE !!!!
I don't know why you are agreeing! You said that you felt gains up top but now you agree with this post which says you will NOT feel the gains. Are you in Congress? Come on you can tell me. Mr President, I know that is you. You're such a jokester, Mr. President. lol
Old 08-24-2008, 10:20 PM
kachinq

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
too bad these dont whistle like the ones that were made for the 350z lol
Old 08-24-2008, 11:05 PM
NeverBoneStock
Premier Member

Received 69 Likes on 56 Posts
Originally Posted by bboysteele
Sorry but not entirely true. Intakes can have good gains even on NA cars. The intake on the G37 is good but not perfect. I wasn't expecting the gains I got. I was really waiting to reflash the ECU to get major gains with the help of this intake but was suprised to see and feel the difference in the car after my intake install.

I don't know why you are agreeing! You said that you felt gains up top but now you agree with this post which says you will NOT feel the gains. Are you in Congress? Come on you can tell me. Mr President, I know that is you. You're such a jokester, Mr. President. lol
I was just agreeing that infinity did a good job on the stock intakes . I should of clarified !!!!!
Old 08-24-2008, 11:16 PM
bboysteele
Premier Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I was just agreeing that infinity did a good job on the stock intakes . I should of clarified !!!!!
Just giving you a hard time and trying to be funny at the same time.
Old 08-25-2008, 03:28 PM
ufo
Registered Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
dyno shmyno - if it sounds good and feels fast, who cares???
Old 08-25-2008, 04:12 PM
Buddy Revell

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I reset the ecu . Im actually really disappointed in JWT. You would think they would of done a better job with the positioning of the passenger intake .The driver side no complaints , but the passenger side I do not like! Lots of rubbing issues . Seems like everything with this intake was a after thought !!!
Can you post pics of the rubbing problem?
Old 08-25-2008, 04:46 PM
0to60

The tightest fit is on the passenger side and it's with the power steering fluid reservoir. I've read several install reviews here that said to "bend the bracket" to make it fit. After doing my install yesterday, "the bracket" to bend is the car's bracket that attaches to the fender under the rubber seal. It is easy to remove...just take it out and bend the tab that attaches to the supplied twisted bracket (it's where the old air box bolted in). Simply bend it "down" slightly and this gives you the room you need to clear the reservoir and lines up to bolt to the pop charger.

I'm still trying to get each side to the same height (driver side is lower) but at least it's a good, safe, functional install. With the hood closed--it's great!
Old 08-25-2008, 07:41 PM
erasat

I didn't want to post because I'd seem kind of biased about it simply because I was the one involved in the Group Buy, BUT, here are my 2 cents, first:

0to60 (and others that have installed it and had issues with the passenger's side) you didn't mention if you are following step by step the instructions and are trimming the Air Inlets, as I explained in this thread https://www.myg37.com/forums/media-share/183224-stock-intake-vs-jwt-pop-charger.html, just in case take a look at the pictures and info I posted in there, NO, the trimming is not a MOST DO, but it will help you a lot, AND, it won't be notice even with the OEM intake back.

Neverbonestock, I do respect all your points here, BUT, about the look, YES, JWT can put some kind of logo in there, but as far as I know/remember they haven't done it in any previous intake, so I knew in advance because of that and seeing the picture on the website that no logo will be there, for me, no issue about this, I don't need to show any logo to anybody, if people really know about NISSAN/Infiniti previous cars will easily know that these are JWT Pop-Chargers, Heat shields are unique and distinct.

About the Butt Dyno telling you that you are loosing torque, well, for me, my buddy, 3 different forum's Mods, and a couple of other members that have installed it already, there is no torque loss, maybe in the low-end you don't see gains, but definitely no loss, but once it hits 3K, you definitely see the increase, you should see it also, if not, I don't know what to tell you, Private Dynos have shown the same I'm saying here so I feel confident of what I feel and what has been showed.

Just enjoy it man, best intake so far and for the price is a no brainer. Again, IMHO.

Last edited by erasat; 08-26-2008 at 06:32 AM.
Old 08-26-2008, 03:02 AM
AZg37
Premier Member

Received 46 Likes on 6 Posts
Neverbonestock, why would you post saying you lost TQ on the low end with no dyno to back up your claims? If your basis for this claim is just on driving, and your butt dyno, make that clear before freaking people out by stating it like a fact. Dyno's have shown NO loss on low end, and I feel NO loss. Just clarify that it is not a fact, that would be helpful for people who are still decideing what to buy. And this is NOT like all the other intakes, trust me, I've owned them JWT FTW
Old 08-26-2008, 09:17 AM
0to60

arasat...yeah I trimmed the Air Inlets and I agree it's no big deal. As I said, it's a good safe install-no rubbing or touching-just slightly higher on the passenger side. This weekend I'm going to loosen all of the bolts and connection points to see if I can get it to sit a little lower. It seems like part of the wiring harness may be in the way a little bit. Sounds great...I'm very happy with it.
Old 08-26-2008, 10:54 AM
NeverBoneStock
Premier Member

Received 69 Likes on 56 Posts
Originally Posted by AZg37
Neverbonestock, why would you post saying you lost TQ on the low end with no dyno to back up your claims? If your basis for this claim is just on driving, and your butt dyno, make that clear before freaking people out by stating it like a fact. Dyno's have shown NO loss on low end, and I feel NO loss. Just clarify that it is not a fact, that would be helpful for people who are still decideing what to buy. And this is NOT like all the other intakes, trust me, I've owned them JWT FTW
Im not telling people not to buy this and yes my butt dyno did tell me there was torque loss... Its kinda like when you bolt on hfc and you can tell there is a increase of torque but when I put on the jwt it went away . So yeah that was the first thing I noticed right away . As far a stating these as fact ,thats the great thing about posting my review is that it can help other people out or start a flame thread!! The fitment on the passenger side is horrible !!!
Old 08-26-2008, 01:57 PM
wrathletik1

+1 Development of the passenger side fitment is a fail. Subpar.
Old 08-26-2008, 02:08 PM
MaxToTheG37
Super Moderator w/ Boost

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
I dont understand it... cause I didnt have to trim and thing and both sides fit perfect for me...
Old 08-26-2008, 02:33 PM
wrathletik1

I wish I could see your setup in person Max. But if you could see mine, the mounting bracket on the intake is not twisted enough for me to screw it in securely. I was contemplating running it without the mounting bracket, but I figured loosely screwing it in is better than not having it screwed in at all.
Old 08-26-2008, 02:49 PM
sredish

Originally Posted by wrathletik1
I wish I could see your setup in person Max. But if you could see mine, the mounting bracket on the intake is not twisted enough for me to screw it in securely. I was contemplating running it without the mounting bracket, but I figured loosely screwing it in is better than not having it screwed in at all.

you can't bend it a little as others have done?

Quick Reply: Jwt Review